THE BAR IS LOW-----

I agree with you though... and kendrick lamar is OK... he's nothing special. Anybody can rhyme like that dude if they took a couple of semesters of college. The game is EFFED up... Foreal yall should listen to BLU or SENE.... now they got the real ish.
that ***** kendrick lamar is bunz dawg, weak beats, his delivery is :x

I agree with you though... and kendrick lamar is OK... he's nothing special. Anybody can rhyme like that dude if they took a couple of semesters of college. The game is EFFED up... Foreal yall should listen to BLU or SENE.... now they got the real ish.

You're obsessed with Keef though? :lol:

Kendrick overraps and is entirely average, fans are just so thirsty for some wordplay that they embrace anything with a bit of substance. Nowadays I just take hip hop for what it is, no sense in complaining when there is good music being put out constantly I'm not looking for a new nas or a new jay those time are over and done with. The sooner hiphop fans realize this the less disappointed they'll be with the game now.

True. You probably nearing your 30's and grew up in the New York rap prime in the late 90s/early 2000s​

I'm younger than you and grew up in the South​

I can respect Nas' talent, but it's not the type of thing I would play heading to a party​
in other words u wanna hear some wack ****?

You're obsessed with Keef though? :lol:

Kendrick overraps and is entirely average, fans are just so thirsty for some wordplay that they embrace anything with a bit of substance. Nowadays I just take hip hop for what it is, no sense in complaining when there is good music being put out constantly I'm not looking for a new nas or a new jay those time are over and done with. The sooner hiphop fans realize this the less disappointed they'll be with the game now.
skutta, keef nicer than kendrick elmer fudd sounding ***

Last edited:
True. You probably nearing your 30's and grew up in the New York rap prime in the late 90s/early 2000s​
I'm younger than you and grew up in the South​
I can respect Nas' talent, but it's not the type of thing I would play heading to a party​
in other words u wanna hear some wack ****?
If wanting to hear Wiz, 2 Chainz, Ross, Gucci, Jeezy, etc. on the way to a party instead of Talib Kweli or Nas or Black Thought or some **** is me wanting to hear wack ****, then, yes, I want to hear some wack ****.
laugh.gif

You reduced it all down to "heading to a party"
that can't be the only variable for deciding what good...

Last edited:
Here's a good number of dude's who've either dropped albums recently this year that many people probably looked over, or will drop in the next two weeks that you might be interested in. If you don't find anything to interest you from all of these, then you may as well just create another genre :lol:

DJ Premier & Bumpy Knuckles - Kolexxxion
Apollo Brown & OC - Trophies
Ab-Soul - #controlsystem
Skyzoo: A Dream Deferred
MURS & Fashawn: This Generation
Xzibit: Napalm
Big Shug: I.M. 4-EVA
Chino XL: The RICANstruction - The Black Rosary
REKS: Rebelutionary
MA_Doom: Son of Yvonne
Blu & Exile: Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them
Brother Ali: Mourning In America & Dreaming In Color
Vinnie Paz: God of the Serengeti
Chino XL: The RICANstruction
Bumpy Knuckles & Statik Selektah: Ambition
J-Love: The Most Interesting Man Alive
Lord Infamous: King of Horrorcore
T-Rock: 420/12
Oh No: Ohnomite

Last edited:
Honestly it doesn't take much to get a little buzz if you got some bars.

Make youtube account, find camera with HD abilities, push out mixtapes like no other but it still be somewhat quality, plenty of dudes who make beats now a days will throw you free beats or rap on other peoples instrumentals, then profit...I guess.

On topic doe, I mess with a lot of the stuff now a days for the instrumentals mostly.

Honestly it doesn't take much to get a little buzz if you got some bars.
Make youtube account, find camera with HD abilities, push out mixtapes like no other but it still be somewhat quality, plenty of dudes who make beats now a days will throw you free beats or rap on other peoples instrumentals, then profit...I guess.
On topic doe, I mess with a lot of the stuff now a days for the instrumentals mostly.
you'd think so...it's so not that easy

I agree with a lot of whats in here.

I've said in other threads that its not even that I think rap sucks per se these days...it just doesn't give me anything.

I read and I know whats going on. I don't look to music to educate me and when they attempt to, I already know more than most of them do so it just ends up like i'm hearing a high schooler tell me about something complex in society.

I'm listening to a lot of EDM/House/Jazz/etc type genres these days. That and Soul/R&B. 

Its more relaxing. It requires less attention. I can study to it. Plus, its way more diverse and isn't limited to such a narrow definition. 

Don't get me wrong. When its time to go in, I know who i'm turning on though. Thats all those radio artists...but in my private listening? I'm not turning that stuff on. 

Oh, and on everything? Kendrick Lamar and J Cole are overrated. I get why people like them though...they remind them of what they "felt" with older artists in terms of emulation, but neither of them are lyrically possessive enough or consistently productive for me to be completely in their camp. 

i cant help but notice that a lot of mediocure(spelled that wrong) songs and projects are getting a lot of praise these days. im not a hater. but dam. i know a lot of dudes are young and dont remember the golden ages of hip hop and rap music but c'mon b. dudes these days cant tell trash from hits. i was ridin round with my homie and we was bumpin some wiz so i switched it up and played some nas but he wasnt feelin it. said he dont **** with nas. but he downloads every new mixtape from wayne big sean basically this whole new movement. first to find out every time a yeezy track is leaked ect ect. he dont mess with gucci either but thats understandable. i think gucci has his moments where he spazz out tho. im only 22 but i was fortunate enough to grow up in a rap household. got to listen to biggie and pac in 97 and i later(around 2000 2001)(the kazaa era) did some research on hip hop music and culture while jay-z and nas were beefing. started listening to wu mobb deep common ect. dmx and ruff ryders where big back then too. they were nice wit it. a lot of the stuff that gets put out nowadays just dont compare to that. why is it like this? dudes be pumpin up kendrick lamar like he the second coming. his voice is extra annoying and his rhymes are not all that.why? they hyped up j cole but dude is just boring and average to me. this is why anybody think they can make it in the rap game. these "superstars" dont even have skills like that. yes im an elitist. ive never recorded a rap song(and i dont ever plan to) but i could rap circles around 100% of these dudes that are on. they must be suckin ***** to get on. only dude that goes hard in his raps is drake. the dude who sings and is from canada. the game ****** up
Just saying that makes your opinion invalid. Did you even give Secion 80 or O.D a good listen?

Last edited:

I've said in other threads that its not even that I think rap sucks per se these days...it just doesn't give me anything.

I read and I know whats going on. I don't look to music to educate me and when they attempt to, I already know more than most of them do so it just ends up like i'm hearing a high schooler tell me about something complex in society.

I'm listening to a lot of EDM/House/Jazz/etc type genres these days. That and Soul/R&B. 

Its more relaxing. It requires less attention. I can study to it. Plus, its way more diverse and isn't limited to such a narrow definition. 

Don't get me wrong. When its time to go in, I know who i'm turning on though. Thats all those radio artists...but in my private listening? I'm not turning that stuff on. 

Oh, and on everything? Kendrick Lamar and J Cole are overrated. I get why people like them though...they remind them of what they "felt" with older artists in terms of emulation, but neither of them are lyrically possessive enough or consistently productive for me to be completely in their camp. 
you like Cyhi though...

you like Cyhi though...
Of course I do.

I think Cyhi is actually listenable and has the bars to match. 

i cant help but notice that a lot of mediocure(spelled that wrong) songs and projects are getting a lot of praise these days. im not a hater. but dam. i know a lot of dudes are young and dont remember the golden ages of hip hop and rap music but c'mon b. dudes these days cant tell trash from hits. i was ridin round with my homie and we was bumpin some wiz so i switched it up and played some nas but he wasnt feelin it. said he dont **** with nas. but he downloads every new mixtape from wayne big sean basically this whole new movement. first to find out every time a yeezy track is leaked ect ect. he dont mess with gucci either but thats understandable. i think gucci has his moments where he spazz out tho. im only 22 but i was fortunate enough to grow up in a rap household. got to listen to biggie and pac in 97 and i later(around 2000 2001)(the kazaa era) did some research on hip hop music and culture while jay-z and nas were beefing. started listening to wu mobb deep common ect. dmx and ruff ryders where big back then too. they were nice wit it. a lot of the stuff that gets put out nowadays just dont compare to that. why is it like this? dudes be pumpin up kendrick lamar like he the second coming. his voice is extra annoying and his rhymes are not all that.why? they hyped up j cole but dude is just boring and average to me. this is why anybody think they can make it in the rap game. these "superstars" dont even have skills like that. yes im an elitist. ive never recorded a rap song(and i dont ever plan to) but i could rap circles around 100% of these dudes that are on. they must be suckin ***** to get on. only dude that goes hard in his raps is drake. the dude who sings and is from canada. the game ****** up
Just saying that makes your opinion invalid. Did you even give Secion 80 or O.D a good listen?
Bruh. We all did.

its just not hitting like that. 

Dudes are scared to be honest when it comes to the hype machine. 

J Cole would be on Mickey Factz or some other blog rapper status if it wasn't for Jay-Z. He has a few good verses but they're VERY few and far in between.

Kendrick would still be good for a few songs here and there but if it wasn't for the Dre co-sign, none of ya'll would be checking for dude. How did Lloyd manage to KILL Swimming Pools more than him? http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/lloyd-swimming-pools-song.1004962.html

Last edited:
^To me, Cole can spit as far as putting rhymes together, but he just doesn't hold my attention much unless the beat is great. I don't think CyHi is wack, but I just rarely get to a point where I'm like "Man, I feel like listening to some CyHi". His last mixtape was on point though.

Bruh. We all did.

its just not hitting like that. 

Dudes are scared to be honest when it comes to the hype machine. 

J Cole would be on Mickey Factz or some other blog rapper status if it wasn't for Jay-Z. He has a few good verses but they're VERY few and far in between.

Kendrick would still be good for a few songs here and there but if it wasn't for the Dre co-sign, none of ya'll would be checking for dude. How did Lloyd manage to KILL Swimming Pools more than him? http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/lloyd-swimming-pools-song.1004962.html
qft

People are caught up in the hype right now. It amazes me that people can actually listen to Meek Mill too. He is wack as ****.

I tried giving that dude Kendrick a listen, but I wasn't feeling him like that.

I don't know I don't even think dude rhymes with the beat he always seems like he's off beat.

Back
Top Bottom