The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

dam we deserve to lose that one with all the opportunities we gave them to get back in the game.
not capitalizing on those powerplays killed us

Wow, the scoring for the ice skating is corrupt! The girl who should have been kicked out for failing a drugs test had errors and the other girls who did things just as difficult but performed without mistakes somehow were scored less?

All this in full view of the world - even with all the scrutiny it's just blatant.

🇨🇦

womens-hockeycelly-021722.jpeg

Womens soccer, now womens hockey.

:pimp:

Not that serious. I get it...don't take what I said to heart buddy. I'm being hyperbolic, but there's no way around it...she choked and was terrible in the Olympics this time. It was disappointing. What more do you want from me?

Wow, the scoring for the ice skating is corrupt! The girl who should have been kicked out for failing a drugs test had errors and the other girls who did things just as difficult but performed without mistakes somehow were scored less?

All this in full view of the world - even with all the scrutiny it's just blatant.

this is why I think certain things should be its own thing and isolated

while i think those things are extremely hard and I’m sure I’m still underselling them, a big aspect to sports to me is the ability to win ugly

sure refs and judges can impact other sports.. but we can watch a scoreboard or finish line.. if there is a DQ, we can watch the replay and challenges can be made

but with gymnastics, figure skating, diving and other judged sports you got too much subjectivity and/or blatant corruption.. hell we saw it just in the snowboarding

it’s like with the dunk contest and that shh don’t take itself anywhere near as seriously and it shouldn’t.. and we’ve seen how the scoring in thar has screwed guys and obviously it takes a shh ton of athleticism and creativity

My fiancee (former ice skater) made a point that the jumps Valieva did in the qualifying round were harder and she was better in her routine than everyone else.

But I guess when you're 15 and have the most efficiently drugged up heart in the competition, it isnt as hard to do that.

ESPN app blurbs ruined the outcome of the medal round for me tho. So I'm deleting that ****ing app right now.

The skating final was pretty crazy. Whole thing is nuts.

Maybe this is what they needed though - like USA gymnastics the whole system has been rotten for years. They need to gut it to protect the girls.

really shows how little I’ve watched of these games

complete forgot about that aspect to the story, that Russian can’t even fly their flag because of their statewide doping

zero clue how they even let her still compete with that aspect being factored in

really shows how little I’ve watched of these games

complete forgot about that aspect to the story, that Russian can’t even fly their flag because of their statewide doping

zero clue how they even let her still compete with that aspect being factored in

They totally copped out though and the flag still has their colors and they still get called Russia - really for that level of state-sponsored doping they should have had the death penalty for a number of games cycles.

They totally copped out though and the flag still has their colors and they still get called Russia - really for that level of state-sponsored doping they should have had the death penalty for a number of games cycles.

the sad/funny thing, if I remember correctly it was the US pushing towards the 2016 games or maybe the previously world championships that then triggered Russia going after and hacking both major politically parties and only publicly using the dems info and probably privately using the GOP info given how they’ve acted publicly

really for that level of state-sponsored doping they should have had the death penalty for a number of games cycles.
The only reason I can't agree is because I passionately object to blanket group punishments. There are those who were born in Russia, (none of us choose birthplace), raised in Russia, (again, not a choice), trained in Russia, and either knew of the doping in their country and actively refrained, or didn't know.

In the spirit of the games, we cannot tell these people "Too bad! Shouldn't have been born there!"

The part of the solution I object to is the 'ROC' and wearing Russia's colors. Considering that the Olympic committee always tests for doping, and considering that there will almost always be failed tests and sometimes investigations that show doping on a large scale like this, I think there should be an Independent Team.

TI; Team Independent. Colors? Find the 2 or 3 least used colors in and all of the flags in existence. Maybe black and pink?

TTWSNBN; The Team Who Shall Not Be Named. 👀 Colors? ALL'um. Whole team of independents wearing a wardrobe that looks like a tie-dyed lover's fantasy. 😂

-foe

They needed to go a whole lot further than what they did

i mean it sucks for Individual athletes.. but they really needed to not allow the central team aspect to things.. everyone is on their own. so no relay teams and Russia is limited to the support they can give as a whole.. team sports are out

so an individual athlete can have the same right a small country that has an athlete or 2 has.. they have to make concessions for a lot of those

I’m from the Caribbean, so I know like in swimming alot of countries in the carribbean will have a couple swimmers and no where near enough to have a relay team

They needed to go a whole lot further than what they did

i mean it sucks for Individual athletes.. but they really needed to not allow the central team aspect to things.. everyone is on their own. so no relay teams and Russia is limited to the support they can give as a whole.. team sports are out

so an individual athlete can have the same right a small country that has an athlete or 2 has.. they have to make concessions for a lot of those

I’m from the Caribbean, so I know like in swimming alot of countries in the carribbean will have a couple swimmers and no where near enough to have a relay team
Why no relay team as a punishment? What if there were a team of legit 'We didn't have NOTHING to do with all'at and we can prove it' athletes that were just born in the wrong country? Why can't they also be Team Independent?

-foe

Back
Top Bottom