The Bicycle Thread

I have an 2003 Honda Civic, looking to buy a bike rack. Any suggestions?

I'm interested in a Top mount (I dont have crossbars) or a Hitch mount.
Funny interaction I had the other day: I was riding my bike up to an intersection and some dude in a Civic was with his friend and thought it would be funny to yell "sweet ride, dude!" in a sarcastic tone while we were stopped at a light. I responded with "hey...at least mine's rear-wheel drive."

He was not amused.

When I read "daily user" I was like this dude finna be pedalin' but then i saw that tooth count in the front :wow::smokin I'm barely pushing in mine :lol:

Yeah man, you get a good burn with that tooth count especially when sitting while going over light hills :lol: Trying to get my legs prepped for basketball games in a month. Getting older now so I have to “break myself” in so to speak.

New sticker and grips
48069675051_5c27b69743_k.jpg

New sticker and grips
48069675051_5c27b69743_k.jpg

Motivation decal! Haha.

I usually just insult myself in my head when my legs start feeling weak:lol:

Yesterday sucked though, got a rear flat when I was halfway through my exercise session. Had to walk my bike back home a few miles, good thing I had plenty of water bottles in my back pack.

Last edited:
Motivation decal! Haha.

I usually just insult myself in my head when my legs start feeling weak:lol:

Yesterday sucked though, got a rear flat when I was halfway through my exercise session. Had to walk my bike back home a few miles, good thing I had plenty of water bottles in my back pack.
thanks!

Damn sorry to hear man. Most I walked with a flat is about a mile, it sucks walking with your bike too when people drive/pass by thinking "why isn't ol' boy on his bike" :lol:

thanks!

Damn sorry to hear man. Most I walked with a flat is about a mile, it sucks walking with your bike too when people drive/pass by thinking "why isn't ol' boy on his bike" :lol:

Oh man, thanks for reminding me. I walked back past all the joggers/moms and they all looked at me with smirks of their faces. One even laughed and said something to me but I couldn’t hear her due to my earphones. Good thing I had my dark shades on, I know I was embarrassed :lol:

You guys aren’t carrying a small patch of essentials to deal with flats?

No, It never even occurred to me :blush:

I figured it was unlikely to happen but also the fact that I don’t live too far off from the park. Pretty much a manageable walk if it did.

That's nice

U gonna keep that saddle

Sold it this week! I’ve signed up for a century next weekend so done loads of miles the last few months and riding that bike was agony after about 10 miles. Switched to one of my other saddles and it’s like an armchair. It’s a bit scruffy but it’ll do for now. Put the other one on eBay immediately and sold it easily for decent money. (Then bought some shoes....)

F0C5188B-A1C1-4C38-BEF7-D4615ACFC1E9.jpeg

09712BD7-C772-48EA-B64C-D840D886B70B.jpeg

2790DC47-27BB-4B07-94CC-5132B986C73F.jpeg

Craig is so sick!
I usually grind the left side but have my drive train RHD so ever since watching Stevie Churchill I wanted mine switched so badly for whatever reason was my "natural grind side".
But after watching Craig Passero this year, I realized the end is not here and I didn't have to kill myself bc Adam22 saw the best in him also and grinding RHD with your chain/drive train on the right isn't the end of the world. I have my chain on the right side but bruhhhh, passero really just murders anything in general. I get that yeah he's sponsored by s&m and primo but he rather grind RHD with the chain on the right????? Famb I ain't doing no feebles or Smith's RHD, homeboy even doing crookeds like he just riding the bike frame!!! Bruhhh no one one else in their right mind doing that for any money
Also backwards mannys with a cassette? Not other rider like this exists I would kill myself if this dude wasn't out here inspiring for the youngins out here.
And cassette in general? Adam definitely had to pay Stevie extra for this footage bc all he rides is freecoaster now

Also, truck driver at El Toro??? g t f o

Last edited:
Any suggestions on a good daily driver to get me to and from work for under 250. Work is probably about 4 miles and is up a fairly steep hill.

My job is giving us 250 towards the purchase of a bike and I don’t wanna waste it.

For that money I’m trying to get something second hand - a new bike for that price will be heavy and have really cheap components but you’ll get something a few years old but in decent condition that was originally $500+ and will be much better.

Nice to see a biking thread on NT! Decided to get back into biking a month ago. Picked up a used Giant Escape on craigslist for $200. Hit up some dope trails in NoVA/DC this past weekend. Can’t wait for the fall weather!
C19458A2-635B-4E0B-B118-DC67F0BD9114.jpeg
7D2F57DE-C330-4DCF-A207-058962D2B2D4.jpeg
Your in my area, did you take that picture at Contes in Clarendon?

Back
Top Bottom