Lots of time to ride nowadays.

Excuse the blue wheel.
Rear one had a hole.

20200406_171124.jpg

sworks2.jpg
strava.jpg
oakley.jpg
ceramic.jpg

Lets get this thread going! 2017 Specialized S-Works Tarmac Dura Ace 9100. Roval CLX32 wheels. S-works turbo tires. Aerofly II bars. Currently getting my Ceramicspeed OSPW installed at the moment.

Decided to upgrade.

2019 S-Works Venge. Roval CLX50, ceramic speed OSPW. Ceramic speed BB bearings, full Dura Ace Di2 setup. Look keo blade ceramic pedals. 7.1kg.
venge.jpg

Are there gonna be deals for memorial day weekend? My boys been trying to get me to go cycling with them for the longest. They both ride fixies so that's what i'm going with.

I was looking at this aventon and retrospec, any other brand i should be looking at?

I'm thinking about getting a road bike. Any suggestions on what a good starter bike I should look into or where I should look to purchase a bike?

Bike demand is wild now. I got a cheap bike off of craigslist like 2 weeks ago and have been hitting the trails with a few friends. I'll hit some of y'all DC/VA riders up once I get some more experience and a tune up.

use to have a nice bike collection when I was younger. Use to fix them up and flip them. Still have a Haro and Robinson in the back yard chillin that needs fixing up. Might have to get parts and fix it up since I have lots of time on my hand

Are there gonna be deals for memorial day weekend? My boys been trying to get me to go cycling with them for the longest. They both ride fixies so that's what i'm going with.

I was looking at this aventon and retrospec, any other brand i should be looking at?

when i first started riding fixed gear, my friends and i wanted the kilo tt. i think it's a decent beginner bike

Cool topic! Didn't know this topic was here. Actually got back into riding late last year. Had an old Gary Fisher Marlin back in the early 2000s that was given to me from my (now former) brother in law. I rode it on the backroads in Bucks County PA (this was before the major influx of cell phones and driving, so it was safer than today), and up at the lake and Valley Forge Park.

I was suffering from Ulcerative Colitis then really bad so it was my escape. Eventually had surgery at the end of 2001 and part 2 was mid 2002 to remove my entire large intestine, gallbladder and appendix. Still rode but was then suffering from liver failure. Had a transplant a year and half later (October 7th 2003). Came back from the brink (had 2 weeks to go before I got the call).

Really got in amazing shape. Did the ACS ride from the Ben Franklin Bridge to Egg Harbor Township. It was like 65 miles. That was a blast. Then I bought my 2006 Mustang a few years later and didn't ride.
Bike went to my nephew (without asking me first, oh well). So I decided last October to dive in again. Here is what I got!

Screenshot_20200528-215955.png

2020 Trek Dual Sport 3 in Volt! I love it!! When I went to see it the 1st time to pay for the rest of it I was so happy with the color choice! Not going to do much to it. Added the bar ends to change up my hands, and a kickstand. When I got it home, added a water cage, under seat bag and a top frame bag (to put my phone in as it has a clear screen to use my phone through). I can run Strava from it. Plus my wife got me a Garmin Fenix 5X to use as well. Only think I'm waiting on is the Smart Halo 2 mini computer from Kickstarter. That is gonna be awesome once it's done!

Only got to ride it a few times, as I'm on disability for severe Crohn's. But the few times I did ride it around my neighborhood, it's perfect. Such a smooth ride. Can't wait to use it this summer. I have the Schuylkill River Trail basically behind my house and that goes from Chester County to the Philly Art Museum. Definitely NOT riding on the roads anymore. Too dangerous! But I'm thrilled with the DS3! Sadly the pandemic killed all the bike rides this year. Was really thinking of doing the Philadelphia Eagles Autism Ride. 😞 Maybe next year!

I'm thinking about getting a road bike. Any suggestions on what a good starter bike I should look into or where I should look to purchase a bike?

real talk, craigslist and offer up

it's gonna be extremely difficult to buy a brand new one from an online retailer

most are out of stock and if they do have bikes in stock, it's the big sizes in very limited stock

I want a bike, too. A BMX style, though.

me too, i grew up watching dave mirra in the x games and i thought that was the coolest thing ever

that is until i told my boys and they clowned the hell outta me :emoji_cry:

when i first started riding fixed gear, my friends and i wanted the kilo tt. i think it's a decent beginner bike

that's the exact bike my boy recommended for a first fixie bike

unfortunately, they're all sold out

been trying to buy a bike since april with no luck

Lots of time to ride nowadays.

Excuse the blue wheel.
Rear one had a hole.

20200406_171124.jpg

if you don't mind, can you break down the specs?

Been staying at my parents crib for about 2 months. I’ve been riding my dads mountain bike for about 6 miles daily. So my uncle asked me to come ride with him. Before hand I told my homie and he asked what kinda bike my uncle got and I told him a speed road bike. He said your uncle bout to kick your ***. So I think I’m in good shape. Mannnnnnnn when I tell you my uncle busted my ***. Pause. He was literally gliding and I was working my *** off.

right then and there I gotta invest in a road bike. Totally different ride. I’m down to spend that 2 stacks for it.

I should go get measured right? I’m about 6 ft.

Last edited:
real talk, craigslist and offer up

it's gonna be extremely difficult to buy a brand new one from an online retailer

most are out of stock and if they do have bikes in stock, it's the big sizes in very limited stock

me too, i grew up watching dave mirra in the x games and i thought that was the coolest thing ever

that is until i told my boys and they clowned the hell outta me :emoji_cry:

that's the exact bike my boy recommended for a first fixie bike

unfortunately, they're all sold out

been trying to buy a bike since april with no luck

if you don't mind, can you break down the specs?

Changed a few things

20200529_101028.jpg

58 cm frame
700 x 28 tires
46 t crank
Threw on bmx pedals
Charge spoon saddle
Supacaz sticky kush bar tape

Everything else is factory

Waiting on some Velcro pedal straps

Been staying at my parents crib for about 2 months. I’ve been riding my dads mountain bike for about 6 miles daily. So my uncle asked me to come ride with him. Before hand I told my homie and he asked what kinda bike my uncle got and I told him a speed road bike. He said your uncle bout to kick your ***. So I think I’m in good shape. Mannnnnnnn when I tell you my uncle busted my ***. Pause. He was literally gliding and I was working my *** off.

right then and there I gotta invest in a road bike. Totally different ride. I’m down to spend that 2 stacks for it.

I should go get measured right? I’m about 6 ft.

A road bike and mountain bike are on different ends of the spectrum. I made that same mistake months ago when i went on a ride with two friends, and one of them has a track frame :sick:

As far as measurements go, you have to look at the geometry chart for the bike you want to buy. Generally speaking, since you're tall you wanna look at frames 56cm and up.

Changed a few things

20200529_101028.jpg

58 cm frame
700 x 28 tires
46 t crank
Threw on bmx pedals
Charge spoon saddle
Supacaz sticky kush bar tape

Everything else is factory

Waiting on some Velcro pedal straps

What kinda crank is it? My boy was telling me the fixie hypebeasts are buying out all the Omnium cranks :rofl:

Bike demand is wild now. I got a cheap bike off of craigslist like 2 weeks ago and have been hitting the trails with a few friends. I'll hit some of y'all DC/VA riders up once I get some more experience and a tune up.
Let me know when you want to come to DC and ride. I currently have a hybrid bike but looking to purchase a Specialized Allez E5 Sport bike at some point.

Back
Top Bottom