The Bicycle Thread

New bike day! Canyon Endurace in Stealth with Ultegra Disc. Spent last night assembling so I could test ride the next morning. Excuse the flat pedals, the clips are going on the next ride.
IMG_2164.JPG

As far as bike computers go, I've been using a wahoo elemnt roam. Pretty easy to use and integrates with strava seamlessly.

How much did that stand run you? I need to get one.

New bike day! Canyon Endurace in Stealth with Ultegra Disc. Spent last night assembling so I could test ride the next morning. Excuse the flat pedals, the clips are going on the next ride.
IMG_2164.JPG

As far as bike computers go, I've been using a wahoo elemnt roam. Pretty easy to use and integrates with strava seamlessly.
digging the matte black

IMG_2164.JPG

Very nice! Been really liking Canyon bikes. I was looking at their MTBs. I will loo into the wahoo as im looking for a computer. After that Garmin hack last week im not sure I want something that gets compromised and cant bounce back for almost a week because the function of their devices rely so much on their cloud syncing.

IMG_2164.JPG

Nice. What kind of clips are you using?

I am still trying to figure out what kind of pedals i want to use. I feel like I have to just do it and go clipless and get the shoes cause adding clips to a road bike that I have just looks odd.

How much did that stand run you? I need to get one.

This was the one I picked up off amazon, but there's a bunch of cheaper options there now.

Amazon product ASIN B072HMH2J9
Nice. What kind of clips are you using?

I am still trying to figure out what kind of pedals i want to use. I feel like I have to just do it and go clipless and get the shoes cause adding clips to a road bike that I have just looks odd.

I'm using these old shimano 105 clips that I bought like 10 years ago. They're pretty scratched up, so you can really tell I was tipping over a bunch, but I eventually got used to it. At some point I installed pedals with straps, since I would do a bunch of riding and then walk around in regular shoes. I'm gonna install them on the canyon since the big pedals don't look right on them.

If you do go the clipless route, there's a part where you can stick a small allen key which can loosen or tighten the tension the clips have. I've been told to loosen them when starting out so it'll be easier to get out of them, and just tighten them up as you get used to them.

IMG_0713.JPG

llcooljunr llcooljunr have you used garmin computers? How do they compare to wahoo if so?

I’m glad folks are getting into riding. Iremember when I first got into cycling, I always wished I had some ppl to ride with

llcooljunr llcooljunr have you used garmin computers? How do they compare to wahoo if so?

I’m glad folks are getting into riding. Iremember when I first got into cycling, I always wished I had some ppl to ride with

I've never used any of the garmin computers, so I can't really compare them. I am really liking the wahoo elemnt roam though. Screen is big, and the backlight really came in clutch on early morning rides. I haven't messed around with the GPS and other functions yet.

man everyone got fire bikes in here lol...im broke bruh
ride whatever, long as u having fun.

remember that cannondale i had?
i posted it on offer up and no one was biting, had one guy check it out he came with some girl and guy who were his friends.

bruh the girl was nitpicking everything and im like its an old bike thats a couple hundred bucks what do u expect? and in the ad i put that it needs a tune up, so i was being honest about it :lol: some people are so weird.

i didnt wanna waste any of my time nor meet any annoying weirdos, so i just left it at a gas station.someone got a free working bike
1596038399184.png

ride whatever, long as u having fun.

remember that cannondale i had?
i posted it on offer up and no one was biting, had one guy check it out he came with some girl and guy who were his friends.

bruh the girl was nitpicking everything and im like its an old bike thats a couple hundred bucks what do u expect? and in the ad i put that it needs a tune up, so i was being honest about it :lol: some people are so weird.

i didnt wanna waste any of my time nor meet any annoying weirdos, so i just left it at a gas station.someone got a free working bike
1596038399184.png
True that though bruh. I still enjoy my old rides for sure. I just really want to get something modern lol. I will be though, since I will do a bike packing ride next month.

Nice S-works though! I love most anything specialized. Both my MTB and 2 Road bikes are specialized. Granted they are old but goes to show their quality.

a good bike 10-25 years ago (or even 50 years ago) is still a pretty good bike now. unless you're a pro or really like the cutting edge stuff, there's very little that has changed other than shaving off some weight and making the braking and shifting a little smoother.

start with a decent frame and Shimano 105 parts and you can build a fairly good bike. 90% of the performance is up to you. the last 10% is from the bike itself.

of course, nothing wrong with getting the cutting edge stuff if you can afford it.

a good bike 10-25 years ago (or even 50 years ago) is still a pretty good bike now. unless you're a pro or really like the cutting edge stuff, there's very little that has changed other than shaving off some weight and making the braking and shifting a little smoother.

start with a decent frame and Shimano 105 parts and you can build a fairly good bike. 90% of the performance is up to you. the last 10% is from the bike itself.

of course, nothing wrong with getting the cutting edge stuff if you can afford it.
Yea thats true. I love my steel frame. I am actually thinking of just spreading the rear dropout and getting the new Shimano Sora. Shimano is really good at trickling down technology.

For me I definitely want the cleanliness and smoothness of newer components lol. Im still in the era of brifters having external cabling.

damn, you guys making me miss my road bike. i used to have a bmc pro machine with full sram red that i got for a deal off craigslist. actually sold that bike
for more than i paid for it years later

IMG_2164.JPG

awesome bike. was looking at this one or the ultimate. any particular reason you went with this one?

Haha. Straight left the bike......that is funny. I saw some bike shop in Berkeley months back and I swear, the whole damn building was just a bunch of old frames the guy was selling. It was like being at a junkyard for bikes. I sort of wished I knew bikes more to pick out some treasures but I guess I am more of a "new is better" guy. I have been seeing some bike builds on Youtube where people restore some old bikes. Looks fun but just don't have the space and workshop for it.

I guess my next purchase is some bike shoes. I have been watching vids on it and I guess the more expensive, the better the stiffness of the sole. I hate how I can't get myself to buy bike shoes for like $150 but when it comes to Nikes, I am all for it. Makes no sense.

Haha. Straight left the bike......that is funny. I saw some bike shop in Berkeley months back and I swear, the whole damn building was just a bunch of old frames the guy was selling. It was like being at a junkyard for bikes. I sort of wished I knew bikes more to pick out some treasures but I guess I am more of a "new is better" guy. I have been seeing some bike builds on Youtube where people restore some old bikes. Looks fun but just don't have the space and workshop for it.

I guess my next purchase is some bike shoes. I have been watching vids on it and I guess the more expensive, the better the stiffness of the sole. I hate how I can't get myself to buy bike shoes for like $150 but when it comes to Nikes, I am all for it. Makes no sense.
I put together my bike in a small apartment. Would've been easier with a bike stand but it wasn't necessary. Just put down some cardboard first to protect the floor.

Forget biking shoes.... I can't even get myself to cough up $50 for some proper biking shorts. But I'd pay $150 for some authentic NBA shorts to sleep in.

I put together my bike in a small apartment. Would've been easier with a bike stand but it wasn't necessary. Just put down some cardboard first to protect the floor.

Forget biking shoes.... I can't even get myself to cough up $50 for some proper biking shorts. But I'd pay $150 for some authentic NBA shorts to sleep in.
LMAO aint that the truth. I literally just copped a new pair of shoes and was hesitant to pull the trigger at 150. Replacing my bib as I stated in here earlier, and I am disgusted at the prices. Yet I am still copping kicks and buying FOG.

awesome bike. was looking at this one or the ultimate. any particular reason you went with this one?
Thanks man. I really wanted the ultimate too, but I prolly would’ve had to wait a longer for it. The endurace in my size with those components pretty much sold out the next day.

Not sure how many of you guys follow him on IG, but it seems he had a biking accident and was hurt pretty bad, seems to be on the road to recovery, but figure i make this thread to whenever he’s able to log on to NT he sees the community is behind him

Prayers up bud, we need your beautiful photos in this world.

damn, saw this thread and saw his IG story.

good reminder for us all to wear helmets

Back
Top Bottom