The Bicycle Thread

Those aventon fixed track bikes are in stock. Tempted to get a fixie for some reason

528EFD35-DA67-45EF-84C8-4438A054D431.jpeg
F46CC37B-3596-4757-AC62-933BCC2F332F.jpeg

Finally got a proper ride in today

man a carbon hard tail is so fun
Light and fast

Those aventon fixed track bikes are in stock. Tempted to get a fixie for some reason
Lmk if you get it. Might jump on one too just cause I need a backup bike. Sizing is always tricky

What is the deal with those Aventon bikes? That’s a really deal considering. Are they like State Bikes?

I dunno - they look nice but at that price all sorts of corners have to have been cut. The wheels won’t last and the drivetrain will be cheap (although for a fixed wheel that’s not too bad - there’s not a lot to get wrong).

It looks a bit style over function to me and I think it would be a false economy.

A Surly is a significantly better bike.

I dunno - they look nice but at that price all sorts of corners have to have been cut. The wheels won’t last and the drivetrain will be cheap (although for a fixed wheel that’s not too bad - there’s not a lot to get wrong).

It looks a bit style over function to me and I think it would be a false economy.

Yea haha I just really like to look but I am beyond happy with my Surly Steamroller. I’m just a steel rider.

What about a first timers bike?

What about a first timers bike?

for a first timer, an aventon is cool. It's priced that way for a complete bike because it's entry-level. Like others have said in here, the components won't be top tier. So once you decide to take riding a bit more serious, you'll want to spend money on upgrading to better parts.

did a similar-ish ride today, first time going on the capital crescent trail. Lots of people on the path.
ECB73274-5725-4212-8F9D-591178B5FF3A.jpeg
Nice! It was my first time taking it all the way up to the Bethesda area. Had to hop off too since it was getting a bit to crowded for me.

Back
Top Bottom