The Bicycle Thread

Didn't even try, but I assumed I had no shot. With the uptick in cycling especially with the hype beast crowd I assumed these were as good as gone.

Didn't even try, but I assumed I had no shot. With the uptick in cycling especially with the hype beast crowd I assumed these were as good as gone.
I think people had a shot but you just couldn't be greedy. I think I read most of the disable stuff sold out in like 58 seconds. I think if you grab a single thing in your size, you had a good chance in checking out fine.

Does anyone know if the Rapha brick and mortar stores have the jerseys in stock?

I think people had a shot but you just couldn't be greedy. I think I read most of the disable stuff sold out in like 58 seconds. I think if you grab a single thing in your size, you had a good chance in checking out fine.

Does anyone know if the Rapha brick and mortar stores have the jerseys in stock?
Yea, dam I was in the splash page, then I had to start something for work. Oh well. All I really wanted was a Jersey or Tee/LS. Maybe I can flourish on StockX

I saw God and Famous restocked on their winder Jacket. I might just pick that up, since I need a new cold weather riding jacket. First season I'll be riding up here in the PNW since re-building my bike.

Does anyone here own an Engine 11? I really want their steeze frame, but dont know when they restock.

Are Rapha core jerseys worth the money? Debating picking up the long sleeve version for the Fall.

Just got this.

PXL_20201009_182048041.jpg

Are Rapha core jerseys worth the money? Debating picking up the long sleeve version for the Fall.

Just got this.

PXL_20201009_182048041.jpg
Nice! You get that off their little online shop? Was going to pick up a long sleeve.

In regards to Rapha it’s definitely up there in comfort and probably one of the more aesthetically pleasing brands. But they not for the people the way they charge sometimes lol.

Speedplay pedals fitted. Feel pretty good but I’m going to do a few miles in the morning to see.

I used the extender plates you can get and put everything back as far as you can - probably about 15mm behind SPD-SLs which feels good.

The technique is a little different so it will take a while to get the hang of it - releasing them is easy but it’s getting in which feels different, especially with the cleats in a different place. Feels a bit like SPDs in that you just push down and the fact that they are double sided is nice.

I had a Rapha jersey but I sold it - it was really short in the body but with really long sleeves - and I have long arms.

I replaced it with a few jerseys from Torm and I love them - much better fit, a similar aesthetic but a huge range of colors. Based in the UK is the only problem for most of you - even with that they’re a lot cheaper than Rapha though and they often have samples for sale if you wear a M.

^^Girlfriend picked me up. She was visiting family while I was making my way down. Probably for the next time, I'm just gonna plan a ride that ends at one of the train stations they have there and take it back.

^^Not really.. very scenic ride, and I've never rode on most of that trail. There's a section of that ride where we entered the 5 freeway, since it's the only way to go if you don't have a base pass. Although we were never in any crazy danger, it still gave a small adrenaline rush. Plus the weather was great for a ride today.

First century completed today... kinda rough with a ton of climbing in the beginning. Legs were toast by mile 95, so decided to save the Torrey Pines climb for next time.
IMG_0089.JPG

Wise choice - any climb after 95 miles is like a wall. I remember being at 125 miles on basically a false flat in my bailout gear!

Me and a couple of friends did a ride to Las Olas Beach in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday starting from my boy's spot in Hollywood. I don't think it was a good idea for me to go that far on a new gear ratio which is much heavier(51/19). My quads are feeling it today after climbing about 6 bridges, but i pushed through it and it's only gonna get me stronger. I had 2 close calls with cars that were coming out of blind spots, but luckily i was able to skid and avoid any accidents. We did some crazy hotline ish and went on the expressway next to the airport. That tunnel you guys see is about 8 lanes running north/south bound and one of the aiport runways is actually right above. We were around your hood man, where were you? sonoftony sonoftony

Screenshot_20201010-153026.png

IMG-20201010-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20201010-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201010-WA0005.jpg

PXL_20201010_171943260.jpg

Me and a couple of friends did a ride to Las Olas Beach in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday starting from my boy's spot in Hollywood. I don't think it was a good idea for me to go that far on a new gear ratio which is much heavier(51/19). My quads are feeling it today after climbing about 6 bridges, but i pushed through it and it's only gonna get me stronger. I had 2 close calls with cars that were coming out of blind spots, but luckily i was able to skid and avoid any accidents. We did some crazy hotline ish and went on the expressway next to the airport. That tunnel you guys see is about 8 lanes running north/south bound and one of the aiport runways is actually right above. We were around your hood man, where were you? sonoftony sonoftony

IMG-20201010-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20201010-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201010-WA0005.jpg

That's a solid trip manín :pimp: . I wanna bike so bad but I don't trust these drivers here man :lol:. You was close where I used to live in Hollywood tho but I live further north by Margate :lol:

30 miles on 51-19? That’s nuts. I guess it’s pretty flat where you are? I did more height gain in the last 20 minutes I think.

Just did 21 miles on a beautiful morning. Pedals feel good - although my legs hurt in funny places which I suppose is to be expected. They say you should take it easy for a few weeks with any big changes - and I moved my cleats a lot.

Wasn’t tempted by this offer though.

07BD41D6-5AA1-45E8-B2AC-C77AB4E35831.jpeg

Wise choice - any climb after 95 miles is like a wall. I remember being at 125 miles on basically a false flat in my bailout gear!

The group I rolled with pretty much did that climb, then rode another 20 miles to Chula Vista where they lived. My plan was to just keep up as long as I could, but looking at their Strava, they climbed another 1800 ft before they finished. I didn't wanna hit that wall in the middle of a 1.5 mile climb and have to walk the rest of it.

Really want a carbon frame. But truly cannot justify the cost.

been watching reviews on Yoeleo frames/wheels on YouTube and they seem to be in the higher end of Chinese Carbon frame and wheel manufacturers. Anyone have experience with them?

otherwise, will keep rocking with steel

That's a solid trip manín :pimp: . I wanna bike so bad but I don't trust these drivers here man :lol:. You was close where I used to live in Hollywood tho but I live further north by Margate :lol:

I don't trust these drivers here either man, almost got t-boned in hialeah by a van running a red light last month. Hopefully we push ourselves next time and go further in distance.

30 miles on 51-19? That’s nuts. I guess it’s pretty flat where you are? I did more height gain in the last 20 minutes I think.

Just did 21 miles on a beautiful morning. Pedals feel good - although my legs hurt in funny places which I suppose is to be expected. They say you should take it easy for a few weeks with any big changes - and I moved my cleats a lot.

Wasn’t tempted by this offer though.

07BD41D6-5AA1-45E8-B2AC-C77AB4E35831.jpeg

Yes sir, 51/19... Florida is relatively flat, we do have small hills and LOTS of bridges tho. I play soccer, so thankfully i have the leg strength to push this gear ratio.

Really want a carbon frame. But truly cannot justify the cost.

been watching reviews on Yoeleo frames/wheels on YouTube and they seem to be in the higher end of Chinese Carbon frame and wheel manufacturers. Anyone have experience with them?

otherwise, will keep rocking with steel

I wouldn't really trust no chinese carbon, steel is real man

man the other day this driver didnt even see me, thank god i was looking ahead and at the drivers face, he didnt even check for pedesterians lol

IMG-20201010-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20201010-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201010-WA0005.jpg

Those royals on the sand :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom