The Bicycle Thread

That's a steal. Was considering the Edge 530 before prime day. Hoping the 830 or 530 drops in price 🤞
Yea personally I rather a price drop on the 530. I would snag it immediately. I hear its snappier than the 1030, since it is the newest device. Dam now going to keep an eye out all day to see if the 530 goes on sale haha.

Having a bit of a personal dilemma
I really would like to buy a single speed/fixie combo bike in the next few weeks. My budget is around 450, but I’d like to spend less.

Found a 2009 specialized Langster in the LV colorway for 450 (gonna offer 350 of y’all think that’s fair. Looks to be in good shape and guy said it was just serviced at his LBS

I was also looking at a new Sirrus Single speed if my LBS can source one right now. Those come in at 450, and I cant haggle the price.

any thoughts?

State bicycle had a small restock of Sram Omniums so i pulled the trigger fast. They decided to get rid of the sram box and wrap it it in just shipping paper :stoneface:

PXL_20201008_020903731.NIGHT.jpg

State bicycle had a small restock of Sram Omniums so i pulled the trigger fast. They decided to get rid of the sram box and wrap it it in just shipping paper :stoneface:

PXL_20201008_020903731.NIGHT.jpg
Nice. Man I missed on a bid on one from eBay. It didnt have a chainring. Crazy how sought out for these are now.

Having a bit of a personal dilemma
I really would like to buy a single speed/fixie combo bike in the next few weeks. My budget is around 450, but I’d like to spend less.

Found a 2009 specialized Langster in the LV colorway for 450 (gonna offer 350 of y’all think that’s fair. Looks to be in good shape and guy said it was just serviced at his LBS

I was also looking at a new Sirrus Single speed if my LBS can source one right now. Those come in at 450, and I cant haggle the price.

any thoughts?

Man I want a langster frame but never can find one in my size for good price. At $400ish I’d jump on that quick

Nice. Man I missed on a bid on one from eBay. It didnt have a chainring. Crazy how sought out for these are now.

I’ve had my omniums for a while now and would def ante up for another set if I were to build another bike.

Howdy , big ups to Liquid Swords Liquid Swords for answering my washed questions lol . Grew up skating and this is my first proper foray into the world of bikes during adulthood . Definitely excited about the new addiction

Upgraded a few parts so this is gonna be the whip for awhile til I learn more about cycling . Might cop a garmin to track ride stats , but that’s about it (possibly a head/brake light as well but I’m not doing long night rides yet) . Sticking to the LA riverbed and smaller side streets til I get the skid stops and track stands down proper . Gotta tweak a few things here and there (maybe pitch the saddle up a bit although I’ve found this to be super comfy) , but this is pretty much it for now

Gonna scour the thread for tips and tricks . Maiden voyage was sweet

Attachments

• 291A3987-A9E1-4313-85CE-3CCCA9256939.jpeg
    291A3987-A9E1-4313-85CE-3CCCA9256939.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 89
  • E6120694-4FE1-47B7-8F04-648168282F97.jpeg
    E6120694-4FE1-47B7-8F04-648168282F97.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 120
W&OD or just the road?
Just about 2 miles of road (my place to the trail and back), then majority of W&OD, was going to keep going back up north when returning home to get the remaining 7 miles, but legs couldn’t do it anymore. Happy with the accomplishment regardless.

Some roll brakeless, others w/ front brake (I kept my front brake on)
I know it’s a point of discussion for cyclists and the disdain for those running one or no brakes goes on.

It’s incredibly stupid to ride with no brakes. It’s also illegal in the UK - every bike must have 2 ways of slowing down so for a fixed wheel you can have 1 brake and the drive as the other.

if anyone says they can skid to a stop as effectively as you can brake they’re talking nonsense and the main reason it’s a problem is long descents - it’s hard to control to keep yourself cadence under control without a brake - it’s hard enough with one.

Back
Top Bottom