The Bicycle Thread

Nice. I want a wahoo or tacx for zwift. Sometimes it’s nice to just hop on

I was watching some videosfor zwift, that **** does look like it’s a lot of fun. Def think a smart trainer is the way to go if you use it consistently.

Did you take the bike path that goes below Bart tracks? I have to try that route one day and head to Hercules. Sort of getting board with my normal routes. Last ride I had really took a toll on me too and I only dude 36 miles. After 30 miles, my body sort of just shuts down and everything starts to hurt. Oddly I feel my cardio is fine. Just my legs go out.

Yeah went along that cycle way. If you are looking for new routes around Oakland, Redwood regional park is great, probably my favorite area to ride.

I think it was you who had a rack that attached to the wall in order to store your bike when not in use. Can you please post a pic again

Bro your stem got a stiffy, you should lower the angle a bit

Yup, here it is:

21CCF5F7-ACE3-4031-A48A-5B15BD34B193.jpeg

Ibera Horizontal Bicycle Bike Wall Hanger, Bike Hook Holder Storage Rack for Indoor Storage, 45 Degree Adjustable Angle to Keep Your Bike Level Amazon product ASIN B00MJCSBJ4

Yup, here it is:

21CCF5F7-ACE3-4031-A48A-5B15BD34B193.jpeg

Ibera Horizontal Bicycle Bike Wall Hanger, Bike Hook Holder Storage Rack for Indoor Storage, 45 Degree Adjustable Angle to Keep Your Bike Level Amazon product ASIN B00MJCSBJ4

Have you had any problems with hanging your bike from the top tube? I heard it's not ideal

What's your opinion on the stasdock?

Have you had any problems with hanging your bike from the top tube? I heard it's not ideal

What's your opinion on the stasdock?

I’ve personally had no issues with it. I’ve seen that rack before and I think it looks dope. Would have considered it if I knew about it back when I bought mine.

busted my *** for the first time in 70+ rides. good thing it was only a few scrapes.

Yeah went along that cycle way. If you are looking for new routes around Oakland, Redwood regional park is great, probably my favorite area to ride.
You make that climb on your bike to get to the park? Man....I guess I have to start practicing my inclines cause I get tortured on some moderate ones. Some of the mellow climbs I do actually sort of mess up my whole ride in the long run. Looks like a cool trail though.

You make that climb on your bike to get to the park? Man....I guess I have to start practicing my inclines cause I get tortured on some moderate ones. Some of the mellow climbs I do actually sort of mess up my whole ride in the long run. Looks like a cool trail though.

:lol: I feel you man. I do generally ride up there but recently I just drove up to inspiration point and started there. Depends on how many miles I want to get it. A steady incline is going up tunnel road to skyline to redwood to pinehurst. I’m good on the climbs that are less than 10% grade but there’s some roads in that area that are brutal. Went up redwood from 35th street once, never again, hill was like 15% grade, I was gassed. I use Komoot to find my routes in that area.

Nice, which cannondale road model is this? I see the ENVE carbon fork, so this must be one of the top tier joints.

Also, is that a Hundreds fanny pack i see in the background of the second pic?
This is actually just the full carbon synapse from a couple years back. Put the enve fork to replace the damaged stock one. Building it back up. Just runs the ultegra 6800 group. Really want to upgrade to Di2 but just out of the budget at the moment.

Good eye! That is the hundreds bag. Man surprised anyone caught that. It’s from so long ago.

Did a little thanksgiving morning ride in the forest on the single speed. Climbs killled me. Had to walk one, it was so steep.

BD7DAE86-D3B9-475C-B586-21507B72E982.jpeg

The spray down

F9DA018E-5964-467C-A392-D9DF4E3B2544.jpeg

Happy thanksgiving NT fam 🦃

This is actually just the full carbon synapse from a couple years back. Put the enve fork to replace the damaged stock one. Building it back up. Just runs the ultegra 6800 group. Really want to upgrade to Di2 but just out of the budget at the moment.

Good eye! That is the hundreds bag. Man surprised anyone caught that. It’s from so long ago.

Did a little thanksgiving morning ride in the forest on the single speed. Climbs killled me. Had to walk one, it was so steep.

BD7DAE86-D3B9-475C-B586-21507B72E982.jpeg

The spray down

F9DA018E-5964-467C-A392-D9DF4E3B2544.jpeg

Happy thanksgiving NT fam 🦃

Lol, yea i got a hell of an eagle eye...my friends are always surprised.

I see that MASH water bottle too....i wonder if they're gonna have a black friday sale 🤔

Anyone have a list of cycling companies doing any sales?
I know heavy pedal is doing 40% of code BLACK

Was hoping to find some good Black Friday come ups to build an aftermarket BMX bike but the sales were lacking. Found a couple deals but still ended up paying more than I wanted. I don’t see a lot of BMX on here but for the few that are into it, here’s what I got.

Subrosa frame and forks
Odyssey cranks, bottom bracket, headset, and chain
S&M bars
Shadow conspiracy wheels, stem, sprocket, and grips
Cinema pedals
Stranger seat
Demolition tires

I’ll post some pics once it’s all built up

Was hoping to find some good Black Friday come ups to build an aftermarket BMX bike but the sales were lacking. Found a couple deals but still ended up paying more than I wanted. I don’t see a lot of BMX on here but for the few that are into it, here’s what I got.

Subrosa frame and forks
Odyssey cranks, bottom bracket, headset, and chain
S&M bars
Shadow conspiracy wheels, stem, sprocket, and grips
Cinema pedals
Stranger seat
Demolition tires

I’ll post some pics once it’s all built up

Every type of bike is welcome here

Don't know how many of you in here follow football(soccer) and/or road cycling, but i thought i'd drop this in here. I never knew Ben Foster was an avid cyclist and Tao Geoghegan Hart was a huge Arsenal fan.

Man really said the prize money for winning the Giro D'Italia was $450k :wow:

Perhaps a dumb question, but does riding a bike wear out shoes? I have a good amount of Nike & Jordan sneaks and prefer to keep them as long as I can by being selective with when I wear them and what I wear them with. If I want to preserve my preferred shoes, should I avoid riding my bike with them?

My Nike & Jordan shoes are basically flashy walking shoes when I go outside to wherever. 😆

I've been wearing these Nike Vapormax shoes to primarily ride my bike since I got them. I recommend these to ride a bike.
IMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG

It doesn't wear them out like running would - but you can end up with scuffs from rubbing the frame or cranks.

I recommend something more like these - stiffer, easier to clean no laces to snag...

1606851669716.png

Perhaps a dumb question, but does riding a bike wear out shoes? I have a good amount of Nike & Jordan sneaks and prefer to keep them as long as I can by being selective with when I wear them and what I wear them with. If I want to preserve my preferred shoes, should I avoid riding my bike with them?

My Nike & Jordan shoes are basically flashy walking shoes when I go outside to wherever. 😆

I've been wearing these Nike Vapormax shoes to primarily ride my bike since I got them. I recommend these to ride a bike.
IMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG

Bruh no :rofl: :rofl:

It doesn't wear them out like running would - but you can end up with scuffs from rubbing the frame or cranks.

I recommend something more like these - stiffer, easier to clean no laces to snag...

1606851669716.png

First things first...what type of bike does he ride and what type of riding does he do? Can't just suggest cycling shoes to your average joe who commutes on a single speed

Back
Top Bottom