The Bicycle Thread

^^^Nice. I had that exact bike but mine was all thrashed up. I think I bought it off some guy that stole it in San Jose. Got it for $400. Solid bike. You won't be disappointed.

2v3myh1.jpg

What online site can I get this from? And how much?

Now this thing right here is mean :x

Last edited:
I need some help/advices. I just got a flip flop wheelset. which can be fixed/single speed. After installing the wheel I had issues with the chain. It didnt sit on the cog.

I went out and bought the chain tool thinking it might be too long but after I took a link out it still didnt sit correctly.

Do I need to buy a new chain ? If so how do I know which one will work.

you want to check your chain line. have you changed your cranks or bottom bracket recently?

Crank is the same but the rear wheel has a different cog I think. I'm not too familiar.

What bottom bracket are you talking about?

The main reason for the chain not sitting right would be a 1/8" cog and a 3/32" chain.

A bigger chain fits small cogs - but can be a bit sloppy - but the other way round doesn't fit.

Post a pic if you're not sure

When I get a chance i'll take a picture.

I ended up going to REI and bought another chain.

Been going at the chain for a while and finally got it right.

Here is a picture

Wassup NT fambs, thoughts on this bike? Saw it on craigslist, its a 54cm Vilano fixie, 5 miles on it for 140...

Heres the info, should I cop?! Was looking to just ride around these here skreets, maybe commute to work which is a 10-15 minute drive at most

· Frame: Steel Fixed Gear / Single Speed w/ water bottle mounts (120mm rear spacing)
· Fork: 700c 1 1/8" Threadless
· Wheels: 700c 36H Double walled w/ CNC machined sides
· Rear Hub: Flip-Flop 16T Freewheel / 16T Fixed
· Tires: 700c x 25c

Last edited:
If it fits you it wouldn't be the worst purchase ever - but it's not a quality bike. It'll be heavy with cheap components - especially wheels.

You would be better spending that money on something more used IMO - you can get better quality that way.

Thank you my man, might be PM you in a bit.. Might just keep it in this thread but who knows. Dude how owned the bike was around the same size as me so I thought it would be a good fit, but the info you posted was exactly what I was looking for haha knew it had to be on the cheaper side for a reason, might as well shell out a bit more for the quality, you mind posting some more similar bikes that should be good with my height? I'm about 5'10

Junk. I wouldn't bother unless I was really strapped for cash. It's better to just fork over the cash for something of more quality. I'm sure you could find a Pista or something for around 250 on CL.

Wasn't even really looking for something specifically in that price range, that was just one of the first bikes that caught my eye for some reason, I'll check up on that Pista. An Fong your bike is pretty goddamn dope haha even if its an unpopular coloway? ***** fire

fall/winter is usually a great time to find steals on CL. tons of people trying to get rid of bikes when it gets cold out And of course prices get higher in the summer.

Getting an itch to get a cyclocross bike. I hate the feeling of wanting another bike :lol: Gonna have to wait a few months though.

I recently moved to the city and I wanna get a bike thinking more single speed than a hybrid. I've been looking at 2 different brands online. Critical cycles and vilano bikes. Both are in my price range>250. I understand that they are on the lower end but you have to start somewhere. Any suggestions? Also I've been to a bike shop I need a 57 or 58 frame.

You would get a much better bike if you put $200 into something second hand - and keep the $50 for bIts and pieces.

Any new bike for that price will just be trouble.

I am saving up to get one built at Valencia Cyclery. Two of my cousins got theirs done there -- around 1400 and 1900 respectively. They look like fixies but apparently they have something called an internal hub. Does anyone have more insight on these types of bikes or have any experience getting a bike custom made?.  I live in SF so any other cycleries worthy of mention? BTW those LOW frames are really nice.

Back
Top Bottom