The Bicycle Thread

Few miles after work:

197AAD1B-BCF9-44A0-894B-1C50775FED82.jpeg

It is a nicer day than the sky looks and the road around this hill is closed to cars at the moment which is nice.
Got a p*ncture on the way, found the staple and patched the hole within minutes then spent 20 more trying to get air in the tyre - turns out my new longer valve tubes have removeable cores and my pocket pump screws on - so when you remove it it unscrews the valve. Eventually found part of my multi-tool to tighten it and got going. Going to Loc-tite the rest of them later so that doesn’t happen. Makes a change doing it sitting in the sun though!

Can anyone recommend a website to buy individual parts?

Retrogression
Velomine
Jenson USA

Those are just a few

Few miles after work:

197AAD1B-BCF9-44A0-894B-1C50775FED82.jpeg

It is a nicer day than the sky looks and the road around this hill is closed to cars at the moment which is nice.
Got a p*ncture on the way, found the staple and patched the hole within minutes then spent 20 more trying to get air in the tyre - turns out my new longer valve tubes have removeable cores and my pocket pump screws on - so when you remove it it unscrews the valve. Eventually found part of my multi-tool to tighten it and got going. Going to Loc-tite the rest of them later so that doesn’t happen. Makes a change doing it sitting in the sun though!

What part of England you live in?

Does everyone wear a helmet

I never have but I think I'm going to get one.
Probably.

Probably.

I'm probably in the same boat as you.
I know I probably should but just never have.

Helmet riders chime in and let us know what you're rockin with. Pics would also be appreciated.

I'm probably in the same boat as you.
I know I probably should but just never have.

Helmet riders chime in and let us know what you're rockin with. Pics would also be appreciated.
riceboi posted this pic of me a couple days back. i wear my full face moto helmet with goggles which protects my eyes from sunlight. i dont like the idea of the regular bike helmets cuz it leaves my face exposed
helmet pic.jpg

Helmets are a bit like saddles in that fit is everything and different brands have different characteristics - more round or more oval, straps in different places. You really needs to try a few on and see what works.

In the past I’ve had a Giro Atmos which was great, replaced it with another which wasn’t as good, now using a Lazer helmet which is pretty good. I’ve also got a Bell pot thing for BMX riding.
I’m sort of between sizes so like a brand that does a M/L option - the M ones don’t fit and the L ones feel silly.

Probably.

I bought one last week but I've been riding without a helmet for some months now. Not the smartest thing I know and especially since I ride in the city with cars everywhere but my head is gigantic and buying any helmet that fits right is hard.

I got a Kask Mojito. I bought it online and had no idea it was coming from Amsterdam but the price was like $115. Kind of looks like Dragon Ball Z hair. I was recommended Kask or Giro which of course did a Supreme collab not too long ago.

product.php

kask-mojito-360-7.jpg

I’ve been riding for years and never picked up a helmet for myself. I think I’m doing that soon as I’ve had some recent close calls with distracted motorists.

Yeah helmet might be the move when I get the new bike. Kind of reckless not wearing one but I do it anyway.

I have never not worn a helmet. I'd like my skull to not be in pieces if a car hits me. I'm just weird like that I guess. 😂🤷‍♂️

I was stuck on that “but it won’t happen to me” crap but it’s time to smarten up. I saw one of those gore videos of moped/motorcycle accident scenes ....the human skull is not that tough :smh:

Definitely can't trust people in cars.

Must of tried 10+ different helmets before I found one that fit my head comfortably. I want a Giro Synthe, but I can't justify spending that much. Thing was so comfy though. One day.

Not wearing a helmet is ****ing stupid. I once saw a dude fall head first into pavement because car pulled out of a parking space. Super low speed but he just didn't see or expect it. So much blood and dude was out till the ambulance came. If you're a worried that a helmet messes up your hair or you might look stupid with then don't ride a bike :D Actually cycling helmets look kinda cool when paired up with some go fast sunglasses like Oakley Jawbreakers.

IMG_7650.jpg
IMG_7753.jpg
Both of my bikes. Gravel and Road.

Last edited:
I have friends that recently got into cycling because of covid, and choose not to wear one because of looks :smh:

Me and some of my friends all got into it because of COVID. I normally bike by myself but I went out with them just for a social ride and none of us were wearing helmets, no clips (or clipless) and even going on the wrong side of the road on the bike lane at one point. We were looking like some super amateurs. Haha. But were all getting there which is actually part of the fun. Next thing you know, we'll be the ones complaining about others not wearing helmets.

And on a related note, my uncle actually accidentaly killed a cyclist when he opened his door of his car and someone just crashed into it. He lives in SF and it was sort of a freak accident. I mean who knows if a helmet would have saved that person but that is my biggest fear when I ride and just having someone open their door on me when I am trying to go fast.

You have to wear a helmet. Most drivers are ****ing morons, but aside from worrying about them, you just honestly never know when any kind of accident might happen. Just ask yourself...Do you really want to land head first on the pavement without any sort of protection? That should be enough to reason to wear one.

Last edited:
I already posted in here about my fall recently but helmet saved me big time. Went head first into the pavement, can’t imagine what would have happened without it.

I ride busy roads fairly often, recently had some dude in a parked car open his door and missed me by like a couple of inches. I don’t trust any drivers.:smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom