The Bicycle Thread

My wife signed out whole extended family up for this monthly distance challenge thing - mostly to get the kids moving.

I said I’d do 300 bike miles which doesn’t seem too bad. The weather has been nice so the last 2 days I’ve knocked out a quick 12 miles after work which puts me ahead of schedule.
Today though it’s utterly miserable so I just did 13 soggy miles - still ahead of schedule but I’m sitting here soaked to the bone. Should have put my overshoes on.
Useful though - it got me out on a day when I usually wouldn’t have.

Quick little bike check on my boy's Affinity Lo Pro. Me and a couple of friends were suppose to ride out this morning but thunderstorms killed all those plans. I had to go and pick up his bike from his grandma's last night since he moved up north to another county. His bike is staying with me for the weekend so i can teach my dad how to ride fixed and do some maintenance on it.

This looks to be their frameset from the early 2010s judging by the logo.

Affinity Lo Pro frameset
Selle Italia SLC Gel Pro saddle
Bontrager race x lite carbon seatpost
Nitto drop bars
Some unknown quill stem
Tange Levin headset
Sugino 75 bottom bracket
Sugino 75 crankset w/48t chainring
Mks rx-1 pedals
Mks single leather toe strap
Mks alloy single toe clip
Velocity deep v wheelset/formula track hubs
Shimano dura ace 16t cog w/lockring
Izumi track chain
Schwalbe lugano 25c tires

PXL_20201003_204032210.jpg

PXL_20201003_204237194.jpg

PXL_20201003_204250315.jpg

Can you sell a used frame to a bike shop?
Probably depends on the shop but I've never heard of that before. But if it is like sneakers, they have to buy the frame knowing they can make money so you might not get great money for it. If you have a good frame though, I would think that would get you the most bang for your buck but if it isn't desirable, you might as well just stick to Craigslist to sell it.

Probably depends on the shop but I've never heard of that before. But if it is like sneakers, they have to buy the frame knowing they can make money so you might not get great money for it. If you have a good frame though, I would think that would get you the most bang for your buck but if it isn't desirable, you might as well just stick to Craigslist to sell it.
Yeah, not looking to make much from it. It's the Cinelli zydeco frame from 2019; size 59cm didn't want to deal with the headache of Craigslist but probably the best scenario. Thanks appreciate the response.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr Luckily I assume it's going to be difficult to get. Thinking about the SAS drop tomorrow for my first lycra. I'm a sucker for camo.

By the way, I found effuglence though your IG and ordered some SuperSonic corduroys!

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr Luckily I assume it's going to be difficult to get. Thinking about the SAS drop tomorrow for my first lycra. I'm a sucker for camo.

By the way, I found effuglence though your IG and ordered some SuperSonic corduroys!

Oh nice! Stephen from EFFU is a good guy. I actually got the SuperSonic ones too as well as the Warrior ones. I shot lookbooks for him back in the days. I don't even ask for him to hook me up. I always just buy his stuff like everyone else cause I know this is his only source of income. You won't be disappointed in the shorts.

And that SAS drop does look good. I am still iffy on bike jerseys. I think I can just ride wearing some Nike drifit longsleeves. I might get the Palace X Rapha shirt but I am sure everyone will be gunning for it.

Hmmm their customer service told me U.K. I asked after seeing shipping was $10 which is more than usual

They have a US warehouse in CT i think, or one of those states up there, they ship fast too

My wife signed out whole extended family up for this monthly distance challenge thing - mostly to get the kids moving.

I said I’d do 300 bike miles which doesn’t seem too bad. The weather has been nice so the last 2 days I’ve knocked out a quick 12 miles after work which puts me ahead of schedule.
Today though it’s utterly miserable so I just did 13 soggy miles - still ahead of schedule but I’m sitting here soaked to the bone. Should have put my overshoes on.
Useful though - it got me out on a day when I usually wouldn’t have.

Do you usually cycle in the rain, i know UK weather is trash

damn that fixie frame is huge!

Yea, my boy is like 6'0...i think the frame is a size L

Wow. Palace really went crazy on their Rapha collab. A lot of tri ferg logos which means a ton of non cyclist will want to get it. I actually sort of want the jacket but I’d imagine it will cost an arm and a leg.

Is there any info on pricing? There's a lot of cool stuff, mainly looking at the bib shorts. But i remember finding out about Palace years ago and going to their site to cop a tee and it was like $80 :stoneface:

Dam nice find! Where I live everyone is in the know with bikes, so any deal that is good gets snatched up quick.

Down here too, if we didn't snatch it up this weekend it would have been gone by friday. We both went half, he's keeping the frame and i'm taking the crankset, bottom bracket, and chain.

Do you usually cycle in the rain, i know UK weather is trash

Rain, wind, snow, whatever - I commute by bike all year. It does rain fairly often here but I don’t get properly wet too often - Saturday was miserable though. It’s not cold though.

With the right gear it’s fine - the most important thing is good long mudguards then overshoes if it’s really wet. I like a wool jersey so when it gets wet it stays warm.

So i dont have any mtb buddies but today i was headed up this big hill and saw three dudes who looked pretty cool and we said wassup i was like man i should stop them to ask if they down to invite me for a ride next time or just turn around and follow them downhill but i felt weird about that

would that be weird?

So i dont have any mtb buddies but today i was headed up this big hill and saw three dudes who looked pretty cool and we said wassup i was like man i should stop them to ask if they down to invite me for a ride next time or just turn around and follow them downhill but i felt weird about that

would that be weird?
I mean in skateboarding, that’s pretty normal. You just session the park and if someone digs your skating, you can ask to join in on future sessions. I doubt mountain bikers thinks that’s odd.

Back
Top Bottom