The Blazers Waive Darius Miles: Career Over Most Likely

Lets remember him for his genius:

Trail Blazers request waivers on forward Darius Miles

Pursuant to NBA procedures with regard to career-ending injuries, the Portland Trail Blazers have requested waivers on forward Darius Miles, General Manager Kevin Pritchard announced today.

An independent medical examiner jointly appointed by the NBA and the NBA Players Association examined Miles and determined that the damage to Miles' right knee is severe enough to qualify as a career-ending injury.

Miles has missed all of the 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons, last appearing in a game for the Trail Blazers on April 15, 2006.

"Given the serious nature of his knee injury, we agree with the doctor's conclusion that Darius has sustained a career-ending injury," Pritchard said. "This allows Darius and the Trail Blazers to move forward and achieve closure to this matter. To his credit, Darius worked hard to come back, but his body just didn't allow it to happen."

The 6-9 forward appeared in 145 games for the Trail Blazers after arriving from Cleveland in exchange for Jeff McInnis and Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje on Jan. 21, 2004. As a Trail Blazer, Miles averaged 12.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.

The third overall pick of the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2000 NBA Draft, Miles played six NBA seasons with Los Angeles, Cleveland and Portland. He appeared in 412 games, with career averages of 10.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_request_waivers_-267482-1218.html

good luck to him

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Seriously, Darius Miles was that guy when he was with the Clippers

Him and Q. I remember wanting the 17s JUST BECAUSE of that Nike commercial with the Gangstarr music.
tired.gif
frown.gif

*does the headbang one last time.

Wasn't there a post about how he didn't care about playing in the NBA, he just liked the idea of being an the NBA?
What career?
Exactly.

o wow
his response in the video
ahahahahaha
was lamar on the team with Q and Dmiles?
or was it just them two?
and then the clippers organization had to seperate that team.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

He's perhaps a top-5 bust of all time.

How so? When he was good, he was good. His midrange shot even improved. He could put up numbers, at least. When I think of bust, it's someone whocan't do squat even when given the minutes.

Funny, I was going through old hoopscoop articles today...

came across his name saying "best HS player in 5 years, need to go back to the Marburys, Bryant and Garnettt"

Originally Posted by cruzair13

o wow
his response in the video
ahahahahaha
was lamar on the team with Q and Dmiles?
or was it just them two?
and then the clippers organization had to seperate that team.

Lamar was there but it seemed like he rarely played because of injuries and suspensions..

im almost positive i saw him at a phoenix area strip club on saturday night. he just came in sat down and left. no dances or nothing. tried to let the girlsknow whats up that they could have a spender, but he just left. weird

^ He is smart. No need for him to spend $ on those females. He is a big time "balla" I wouldn't spend a dime either.

Back
Top Bottom