The Blueprint 2 Appreication Vol: Very Underrated and Most Hated

The whole verse is dope but the 2nd part that u didn't bold is even better than the 1st half,...all in all, its all subjective, but you're wrong in this period.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

d742510eeca047a7ed9d28861880692ae5f8ae5.jpg

This is an incredible piece of work. Theres something for everybody on each disc and is the point in Jay-Zs career(Between the BP1 and TBA) where he established himself as one of the GOATs. Heres a track by track breakdown of the double cd.

Disc 1 Tracklist:
1. A Dream: Very weak track that once again invokes the spirit of the Notorious B.I.G. IMO the weakest intro track of all Jay albums. 2/5
 2. Hovi Baby: This is the crown jewel of the Gift disc and easily top 10 Jay songs. Some of the best wordplay ever 5/5
3. The Watcher: Great collabo between the 3 rappers, eerie beat, and good chorus. All three rap verses are awesome no weaknesses. 4.5/5
4. 03 Bonnie and Clyde: Simple catchy single with a 2pac beat and some Prince lyrics. Very Underwhelming for these 2 3/5
5. Excuse Me Miss: Nice and classy track that helps the album recover nicely for the previous overblown song. 4/5
6. What They Gon Do: Trainwreck plain and simple 2/5
7. All Around The World: Nice smooth song with solid lyrics 4/5
8.Poppin Tags. Nice To see Jay use the rapid fire flow and 2 southern greats is a plus also. 4.5/5
9 $!@* All Nite: Simple commercial song that doesnt add or take away anything from the cd 3/5
10. The Bounce: Disaster songs with 3 greats producing utter trash 2/5
11. I Did It My Way: Classic song that delivers a great message. 4.5/5

Over all : 3.5

The Curse Disc
1 Diamonds Is Forever: Much better opening track then A Dream with a good beat and solid lyrics 4/5
2. Guns and Roses: Nice Rock and Roll track with nice slick one-liners 4.5/5
3. U Don't Know Remix: Not as good as the original but better than some will have you to believe 4/5
4. Meet The Parents: Classic in every since of the world. Good wordplay and imagery 5/5
5. Some How Some Way: Beans Jay and Face son the same track nuff said 5/5
6 Some People Hate: Classic battle track with Kanye blacking out with the beat and Jay spazzing
sick.gif
5/5
7. Blueprint2: Shoulda released this as an answer to Ether  instead of Supaugly. Really would been a final solid effort in the war of the greats. 4.5/5
8. N Please: Horrible song point blank period 1/5
9. 2 Many *@*@: Equally as horrible as previous song 2/5
10 Ballad for the Fallen Soldier: Love this song so much introspect and meaning 4.5/5
11. As One: great roc collabo 4/5
12: Show You How: Great beats and a phrase that dominated my Jr High days 4/5
13: @%!!%*# and Sisters: Every teenage boy should be forced to listen to this song for a year str8 5/5
14. What They Gon Do: Slight upgrade to a horrible song 2.5/5

Overall: 4.5 out of 5
The Entire BP2 Overall:  4/5

I admit It Would of been better as a Single 15 track album
ohwell.gif

My thoughts.

Disc 1 Tracklist:
1. A Dream: . 1/5
2. Hovi Baby: 5/5
3. The Watcher: 3/5
4. 03 Bonnie and Clyde: 3/5
5. Excuse Me Miss: 4/5
6. What They Gon Do: 3/5
7. All Around The World: 5/5
8.Poppin Tags. 3/5
9 $%%# All Nite: 3/5
10. The Bounce: 2/5
11. I Did It My Way: Classic song that delivers a great message. 3/5

Over all : 3

The Curse Disc
1 Diamonds Is Forever: 4.5/5
2. Guns and Roses: 3/5
3. U Don't Know Remix: 3/5
4. Meet The Parents: 5/5
5. Some How Some Way: 3.5/5
6 Some People Hate: 4/5
7. Blueprint2: 1/5 (A point for the beat.)
8. N Please: Horrible song point blank period 4/5
9. 2 Many $!+%: 0/5
10 Ballad for the Fallen Soldier: 4/5
11. As One: 3/5
12: Show You How: 5/5
13: !%%@!%* and Sisters: 3/5
14. What They Gon Do:1/5

Overall: 3

The Entire BP2 Overall: 3/5 ...slightly above average.

It definitely had its moments, but I'm not a fan of the album. Probably my least favorite Jay album.

Definitely not underrated. 

whats with all this hate for a dream? ill agree its not great for an intro, but his verse is def. appreciated.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by bilbo07

whats with all this hate for a dream? ill agree its not great for an intro, but his verse is def. appreciated.
Too much BIG slurpin

Would've been DOPE if he just spit 2 verses and left the "Juicy" verse alone...

The chorus was pretty epic...

Got high and listened to the songs I enjoy off this album...

As its been stated many times (maybe even ONCE by me), Jay was in his lyrical prime from BP1 - TBA, BP2 just got stuck in the middle...

Its like that 25 point game inbetween 2 nights where you drop 40+...  

10. The Bounce: 2/5
I like that joint...

Served little to no purpose on the album, but its DOPE...
3.5?? This joint is ATLEAST 4.5...

this album is bloated with filler material...but out da fat and put it in a lean mean 1 CD and its excellent.

3 maybe 3.5 out of 5 (fillers killed this album).. I think the only way it is underrated is if people give it less than a 3.

Here's what I would have done if I were him:
1. Diamond Is Forever
2. Hovi Baby
3. U Don't Know Remix
4. Watcher 2
5. 03 Bonnie & Clyde
6. Excuse Me Miss
7. Poppin' Tags
8. The Bounce
9. Meet The Parents
10.Somehow Someway
11.Guns & Roses
12.Show You How
13.Blueprint 2
14.A Dream

64:10 (The extra 4:32 of Some People Hate would make it too long... Even though it is a very good track and better than some I put on there, it doesn't fit right. If you split up the album into a double disc like it was and make it 7 or 8 per disc then it definitely gets in)

I think this would make it a 4 maybe 4.5 out of 5..

The problem was that he tried to go EVERYWHERE w/ this album, which resulted in too many songs.

It's solid. About a 3.5/5.

Coulda been a easy 4-4.5 if he woulda "trimmed the fat" as ninjahood said.

I think Nay's "Its like that 25 point game inbetween 2 nights where you drop 40+..." is a good analogy

It's an off night, but its still a productive one.

jthagreat wrote:
The whole verse is dope but the 2nd part that u didn't bold is even better than the 1st half,...all in all, its all subjective, but you're wrong in this period.

I disagree. WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

jthagreat wrote:
7. Blueprint2: 1/5 (A point for the beat.)

HILARIOUS

This is seriously one of his most overrated songs of all time. He can miss me with all that whining and complaining he was doing.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

3.5?? This joint is ATLEAST 4.5...

Disrespectful as hell, its easily top 3 track on both cd's

Originally Posted by dreClark

The problem was that he tried to go EVERYWHERE w/ this album, which resulted in too many songs.

It's solid. About a 3.5/5.

Coulda been a easy 4-4.5 if he woulda "trimmed the fat" as ninjahood said.

I think Nay's "Its like that 25 point game inbetween 2 nights where you drop 40+..." is a good analogy

That is the whole problem in a nutshell

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this album is bloated with filler material...but out da fat and put it in a lean mean 1 CD and its excellent.
This
Originally Posted by dreClark

and that.

The way people talk about BP2 though you'd think it was entirely basura. Plenty of gems on the album but, like y'all said, the filler brought it down.
Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

But that's the only reason ya'll riding that song. Hov didn't have any (well, many) jaw-dropping lines on that track...
Like your dumb *%* got those "lines" in the first place.
laugh.gif
Bet most of that #!@% flew over your head...

This thread actually made me revisit this album, which I largely dismissed and haven't touched in years... thank you OP.  I still feel like the album is MUCH too bloated and "schizophrenic"... there is just no cohesive feel to it, it doesn't sound or feel like an "album."  Some songs were just flat-out bad or mediocre, other I just didn't like personally, and others just felt terribly out of place.

Nonetheless, when I trimmed it down, I was actually able to make a single-disc which would put the album in the same ballpark as The Black Album and American Gangster (meaning Top 3-5 Jay album)...

1.  Diamond Is Forever
2.  Hovi Baby
3.  The Watcher 2
4.  U Don't Know (Remix)
5.  Show You How
6.  Meet The Parents
7.  Some How Some Way
8.  Some People Hate
9.  Excuse Me Miss
10.  *@@#$#% & Sisters
11.  Poppin' Tags
12.  All Around The World