The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Bobcats coach Larry Brown, who coached Iverson, believes they share a few of the same qualities."Allen is more of a scoring guard. [Jennings] is more of a combo guard. But they both love the game. They both play with a passion, so that's a nice thing to be saying," Brown said. "If he continues like this and has the kind of career Allen has, that would be pretty special."
Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Pppl just jumpin on the wagon

i love it...they come in boatloads
just checked the Europe thread from over a year ago....Brandon Jennings #11 Virtus Roma Post - back in the US. Euro Season Mix Vids PG 9
there are the bandwaggoners and then there are the people admitted they were wrong.
laugh.gif

also saw an interview when he just started out in italy where he talks about getting a Range Rover with 22s after he gets drafted
laugh.gif
. looks like he has goodadvisers and is actually listening to them.

once he said in that interview that he has the same confidence he had at Oak Hill i knew it was a wrap

this man can't be stop. he is a one man wreaking crew. You think NBA teams found a way to stop him.
I want to see him face the boston Celtics. The best defense in the NBA facing jennings.

I really did not expect dude to be performing like this. I will definately check out one of the Bucks games when they hit Toronto. Hopefully him and Tyrekekeep this up.

Brandon is my new idol!!!! haha after kobe of course! but that damn he can play!! lefty PGs FTW!!!! i wanna see how he plays against a team with elite D beforeI start over hyping him and get flamed afterwards haha

What's making brandon jennings so good right now is his confidence level. He plays with a certain arrogance about him that you really haven't seensince Oak Hill, and with his skill level, plus that confidence, its incredible.

He should definately be an all star this year. He might slow down a bit as it is a long season, but he won't slow down to the point where he isn't anall star. I think the bucks will be hunting for a playoff spot because of him, and again, what he's doing right now is incredible.

[h1]Dollar signs seen in young 'Buck' Jennings[/h1]
By Darren Rovell, CNBC.com Nov 20, 3:24 pm EST

Brandon Jennings got too good too fast.

The Milwaukee Bucks rookie guard, who skipped college ball by playing a year in Italy to satisfy the NBA age requirement, is all-of-a-sudden the talk of the league. Through nine games, the overall 10th pick in this year's draft is averaging 24.8 points a game, thanks in part to scoring 55 against the Golden State Warriors last Saturday.

No one expected him to be this kind of star, especially after Jennings returned from Europe having averaged less than eight points a game.

The league normally takes a wait-and-see approach on rookies, which is why if you want a Jennings jersey right now from the league's official online store, you'll have to customize it yourself. Because of the demand, we're told all three of his authentic jerseys will hit the site soon.

And his basketball cards are exploding. Jennings has 13 of the top 20 cards on the "Basketball Hot List" in the upcoming issue of Beckett's Sports Card Monthly.

"That's simply unheard of," Beckett Media publisher Tracy Hackler said.

Since Jennings' 55-point performance, Hackler said his best cards have more than doubled in value. Hackler said Jennings has 76 different cards, the highest priced versions being the autographed cards, which are valued at $200 or higher.

"It really speaks to how starved the basketball market is for someone, anyone, to join the big two [Kobe Bryantand LeBron James] and help basketball cards appeal to more folks," Hackler said. "Kudos to those collectors who were savvy enough to invest in Jennings' cards early. Since he has already solidified himself as a Rookie of the Year candidate, the days of his cards appearing in someone's bargain bin are over."

Jennings is one of seven players who have memorabilia and autograph exclusives with Panini America, which has exclusive rights to make NBA cards. Panini spokesman Scott Prusha said Jennings will appear in a print ad for the company next month.

Jennings' biggest endorsement is with Under Armour, who signed him to a multi-year deal last year. Jennings is wearing Under Armour shoes with the Bucks, just like he wore last year with his Italian team, Lottomatica Virtus Roma. While the company has used him in advertising - he was in a running ad and he's on point-of-purchase material at major sporting goods retailers - the company isn't directly cashing in on Jennings because it hasn't announced when it will bring a basketball shoe to market.

That doesn't bother Steve Battista, Under Armour's senior vice president of brand.

"We never base a product line on an athlete," Battista said. "At Under Armour, it's brand first and athlete second and it's going to continue to be that way. No one athlete is bigger than the brand. That being said, we pride ourselves on having authentic athletes like Brandon."

Battista said the performance of Jennings, who happened to be wearing the shoes made for the Maryland basketball team on the night he scored 55 points, won't force executives to bring a basketball shoe to the market any sooner.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ys-cnbcjennings112009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The bucks have bogut, redd and warrick on the all star ballet, and bj is ballin at a higher level than all of them and 2 of them are hurt at the time. Eitherway the only way to get him in the all star game is writing his name in. Unfortunate because he's ballin like he should be there so far.

I don't think BJ has a chance in hell of starting the ASG (even if he keeps up this pace and the Bucks continue to win) but he should have a good shotcoming off the bench.

Hopefully he doesn't get snubbed for "being young and having plenty of chances in the future".

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't think BJ has a chance in hell of starting the ASG (even if he keeps up this pace and the Bucks continue to win)
i dont see any other PG out east outplaying him so far this year? no?

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

I don't think BJ has a chance in hell of starting the ASG (even if he keeps up this pace and the Bucks continue to win)
i dont see any other PG out east outplaying him so far this year? no?
Jennings's been the best PG in the East (thus far) but we all know All Star voting is a popularity contest and doesn't into account PG-SG,just Gs in general. I don't see him getting more votes than Dwyane Wade and Vince Carter. Not to mention household named guys like Ray Allen, Derrick Rose,Gilbert Arenas, Joe Johnson among others.

If he keeps up his pace, he deserves to start but he won't
ohwell.gif

UA is trying their hardest to get a shoe out by Christmas.

Not sure if thats true my man. Do you know how long it takes them for shoes to go from Production to retail? UA would have had to know Brandon was going to bethis good in advance.

no one did.

However their stance is a good one on team over person, but they still aren't marketing it the way they could.

I don't think BJ has a chance in hell of starting the ASG (even if he keeps up this pace and the Bucks continue to win) but he should have a good shot coming off the bench.

Hopefully he doesn't get snubbed for "being young and having plenty of chances in the future".
Mo williams aint makin it, Devin harris isnt, Allen Iverson is gone. whos left? If Jennings keeps this up he will easily be a reserve.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

I don't think BJ has a chance in hell of starting the ASG (even if he keeps up this pace and the Bucks continue to win) but he should have a good shot coming off the bench.

Mo williams aint makin it, Devin harris isnt, Allen Iverson is gone. whos left? If Jennings keeps this up he will easily be a reserve.
That's what I was arguing (as long as he keeps his play up and the Bucks keep winning).

I see Wade and VC starting. Only other guard that's a lock for the AS team in my eyes is Joe Johnson.

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

UA is trying their hardest to get a shoe out by Christmas.
Read the last line of the article. Basketball shoes debut next season.

Since you know BJ and I dont right?? Clown.

And Rock the shoe wouldnt be his, just a UA shoe...

Back
Top Bottom