[| -- The Canadian & U.S. Dollar Equal? So whose travelling? -- |]

DYNAMICS

formerly diplomat tdot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Yup. I'm hopefully heading to Buffalo on Saturday.
My condolences.

I remember the first time I ever went to Buffalo for a mini-vacation. This is what downtown Buffalo looked like on a Saturday afternoon...

15-Downtown%20Buffalo-New%20York.JPG

Anyways, they were saying on the news yesterday that the CDN dollar should hover around par for the next 6 months or so. No need to feel a sense of urgencyabout heading south as things appear to be looking for Canadian consumers until atleast early 2010. They even said that Canadian retailers may feel the need todecrease prices as a result of the stronger dollar (when has this ever happened?
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Yup. I'm hopefully heading to Buffalo on Saturday.
My condolences.

I remember the first time I ever went to Buffalo for a mini-vacation. This is what downtown Buffalo looked like on a Saturday afternoon...

15-Downtown%20Buffalo-New%20York.JPG

Anyways, they were saying on the news yesterday that the CDN dollar should hover around par for the next 6 months or so. No need to feel a sense of urgency about heading south as things appear to be looking for Canadian consumers until atleast early 2010. They even said that Canadian retailers may feel the need to decrease prices as a result of the stronger dollar (when has this ever happened?
laugh.gif
)

Two years ago. Makes my job hell.

Debating taking out a forward contract with the bank seeing as I'm buying a new car in a few months...

Love this though!

where do you guys usually get your currency exchanged? just your local branch? and whats the best rate you've gotten?... I went to NYC labour day weekendand got .91 but had a hookup inside RBC and got the employee rate.

Thinking New Years in NYC..... This $$ situation is very helpful for the cause.

driving through buffalo (especially the inner city parts) was like driving thru small towns in ontario, except with hood dudes wearing jean shorts that touchtheir ankles

Guys, as much as I want the Canadian dollar to rise par and above, I don't see it happening.

Carney's going to do everything in his power to intervene because if not, our economy is going to HURT. Especially by X'mas time, retailers and suchhave little room to work with in retaining Canadians to shop here.

I hope our dollar soars, because I have investment overseas and I can buy more USD to stock.

Anyhow, customs are going to be tighter this time around (circa Dec 2007). Effing Canadain gov't can't do shizz but rob from us.

gonna be visiting pittsburgh this weekend, hopefully hit up Grove City/ Ross Park mall and get some good deals.

CDN retailers won't have to put prices down.. you forget about shipping costs as well... It all evens out in the end unless you're outlet shopping

grin.gif
Thats the back of Main St. where the train goes through the businesssection. Obviously there would be no people there on a Saturday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom