The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

06 Grand Prix
$320 a month
And you are definitely right, I'm tripping, edit that for me....but I got 3 yrs left smh

06 Grand Prix
$320 a month
And you are definitely right, I'm tripping, edit that for me....but I got 3 yrs left smh

Originally Posted by SplashySplash

06 Grand Prix
$320 a month
Needless to say, I'm bout to take advantage of this full-coverage and that %+%!$ is gone come up missing real soon
!*#@ you telling us for?

Originally Posted by SplashySplash

06 Grand Prix
$320 a month
Needless to say, I'm bout to take advantage of this full-coverage and that %+%!$ is gone come up missing real soon
!*#@ you telling us for?

06 grand prix 320 a month......damn how many months you got left??? Pontiacs aren't worth dodo. I know a dude back in 2001 who copped a brand new yahmaha R1 at the time........didn't wanna make payments anymore an had somebody "steal" it. He got away with it too....After that he copped a chevy s10 extreme blazer at the time.

06 grand prix 320 a month......damn how many months you got left??? Pontiacs aren't worth dodo. I know a dude back in 2001 who copped a brand new yahmaha R1 at the time........didn't wanna make payments anymore an had somebody "steal" it. He got away with it too....After that he copped a chevy s10 extreme blazer at the time.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

$701 a month for a 2008 328 coupe.

0.9% interest so meh.
right on me to
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Crazy talk, of course u get better deals if you got cash.

No you dont. Cash and Finance is one in the same at dealers and they prefer to finance because they get a kickback from the banks for doing so. If you do private sell or a janky dealer then you can swing a deal but BRANDED dealers could care less. Its the same amount of paperwork to them..they rather make points of your loan.

No you dont. Cash and Finance is one in the same at dealers and they prefer to finance because they get a kickback from the banks for doing so. If you do private sell or a janky dealer then you can swing a deal but BRANDED dealers could care less. Its the same amount of paperwork to them..they rather make points of your loan.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Sure they get a kickback and make you feel like you're getting a good deal but with financing comes interest and they aren't interested in getting you the lowest rate. It's best to negotiate before you let them know your form of payment.  If financing is a must I would just go through a credit union to get a good rate.

And if you want to make make sure you really are getting the best deal go through the process as if you are getting financed at the dealer and when they "give you a good deal"  bring up the financing you have from the credit union so they can try and beat it. If they cant most likely you will still get the car after all that effort. 

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Sure they get a kickback and make you feel like you're getting a good deal but with financing comes interest and they aren't interested in getting you the lowest rate. It's best to negotiate before you let them know your form of payment.  If financing is a must I would just go through a credit union to get a good rate.

And if you want to make make sure you really are getting the best deal go through the process as if you are getting financed at the dealer and when they "give you a good deal"  bring up the financing you have from the credit union so they can try and beat it. If they cant most likely you will still get the car after all that effort. 

If you don't have your car paid off what are the chances you will have a house paid off?

Chances are if you have the money to pay a car cash, then that person should have a decent "rainy day" fund.

If you don't have your car paid off what are the chances you will have a house paid off?

Chances are if you have the money to pay a car cash, then that person should have a decent "rainy day" fund.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

When I say "own", I don't mean the house is paid off.  So if something were to happen, you can use that extra cash to protect your asset(your home) and stop making payments on the car. 

I doubt many people have money to buy a car in cash and have a decent "rainy day" fund.  Unless you mean buying a car for like $5 grand or something.  I'm thinking along the lines of the average price of a new car, which is between $20,000-$30,000.

I personally like the idea of having extra cash just in case. 

I think Carmax got me

Put down $5000 on a 2002 Nissian Maxima and my Monthly Payment was $240 a month for 5 years (19,000)

This was in 2007 I was 21 at the time and had no credit or nothing

But they did fix my car for free for three years and that would have cost me around $3000

I think Carmax got me

Put down $5000 on a 2002 Nissian Maxima and my Monthly Payment was $240 a month for 5 years (19,000)

This was in 2007 I was 21 at the time and had no credit or nothing

But they did fix my car for free for three years and that would have cost me around $3000

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

When I say "own", I don't mean the house is paid off.  So if something were to happen, you can use that extra cash to protect your asset(your home) and stop making payments on the car. 

I doubt many people have money to buy a car in cash and have a decent "rainy day" fund.  Unless you mean buying a car for like $5 grand or something.  I'm thinking along the lines of the average price of a new car, which is between $20,000-$30,000.

I personally like the idea of having extra cash just in case. 

Cash FTW.

Came home and saw my pops scooped a '07 Lincoln Mark LT with 55k miles for $16k .. BEAUTIFUL pickup

KBB has it for $32k
pimp.gif

so cash definitely has it's benefits.

Cash FTW.

Came home and saw my pops scooped a '07 Lincoln Mark LT with 55k miles for $16k .. BEAUTIFUL pickup

KBB has it for $32k
pimp.gif

so cash definitely has it's benefits.

Back
Top Bottom