The CDP XI/XII Pack was overrated. Yay or no?

steve212

Banned
XII- whacky sizing, bad quality quality

XI- bad quality, candy red soles were basura, and just an overall whack shoe quality wise.

I owned both, and my goodness, I have no regrets selling them.  You should never expect great quality on Jordan retros in this day and age, but man, it seemed like there was not an ounce of effort in this pack.  The casual fan could care less (obviously)

Yea but jb was smart and waited for December for the pack and the hype made them fly off the shelf.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

So yeah, anyone with a 9.5 DS they're looking to take off their hands, hit the PM box.

Visit that other site's Marketplace.  The sellers there are pretty much beggin' anyone with a buck to take them off their hands.

Its crazy seein' some 01 XI goin for a hundred or so moer than the cdp. In terms of quality the XI weren't that great.

Originally Posted by Supremacy

The quality on the XI's are wack. I remember seeing a pic of the 23 peeling off

I saw 2 Nike employees with this same exact problem. I was
roll.gif
at them... Hoping the 09 SJ's don't do that, but I can only assume they will...

After seeing what came out after, yes. IMO the CDP's were a way for JB to figure out which retro's would sell.  Initally I was really looking forward to the XI's in the pack but later became more of a fan of the XII.  After owning the 2000 XI retro's I felt the XI's were way more rigid and not as cushy as the previous retros.  And yes, the 23 on the back peeled off mine after about 8 months.  That really soured me.  LOL Just recently sold my DS pair of XI's and will prolly get rid of my unDS'd pair as well.  That's my take on it.

yes overrated. quality sucked. didnt buy it. and dont care for it. hype was the reason these sold out.

The CDP XI/XII is very nice. Imo it's not over rated. If anything, it's under rated. People complain about the quality and all this dumb stuff... I don't see it. The XII's are excellent and very comfortable. and I've worn my breds over and over and I don't see any problems. Where's the crappy quality if they're still in excellent condition more than a year later? I think some of these kids just want to complain about something. Don't come in here telling me that I don't know anything either just because I dont believe the XI's are trash. True they're not made like the dmp XI's or the '01 breds for that matter but, they're certainly not garbage. Don't believe the hype.. or lack there of..

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

the quality wasnt the best but the shoes are both classics
yeah. I was happy with my purchase.

it's true the quality isn't all that. but what do you expect from JB?

I'm still wearing my 01's.....I bought the cdp anyway....Not that bad to me I done seen a helluva lot worst coming from jb....I'm just glad to have a pair sitting for when my 01's are done for....It is what it is...

I wasn't a fan of the XIs, so I sold them, but the XIIs are pretty decent. As decent as you can get especially compared to the 2004 XII retros. I did pick up the White/Red XII and I feel that these are better quality than the CDPs. Leather seems better.

i wasnt too happy with the Xl's, the 23 on the back is peeling off on both shoes, i like the 01 Xl's way better

it was bound to be hyped. yes, the quality was a disappointment, but this pack was the 2nd best IMO. Who doesn't love the XI/XII?
The XVI/VII was the best though

still have 2 packs on ice, but i dont plan on wearing them any time soon, so i guess i cant really comment on the quality. :/

I sold both pairs, the xii about a week after RD and the xi about 2 months ago. There were WEAK SAUCE !! with the money I got from sellin my nds xi I copped a pair of lebron red carpets.. I think I did fine

The CDP idea was overrated. Besides the XI/XII pack, the rest had 1 good shoe, matched with a bad one.

Glad I only bought the CDP XIII's.

Anytime the XI is involved in anything, there will be hype. I'm just surprised that some sites are still trying to sell the CDP XI's for around 360-400 alone. No way in hell they are worth that much.

Back
Top Bottom