The CDP XI/XII Pack was overrated. Yay or no?

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

This was the one pack I couldn't get my hands on at release, but when all the Hypebeasts and resellers realized it was stupid to cop multi-packs, was available. After looking at them carefully in person, I couldn't get my self to spend the going avg of $400 or so. $200 for my least favorite colorway of the XI's and $200 for the XII's just wasn't worth it.

I personally love the Taxi XII's and am still looking to get a pair for a decent price. I remember being in high school when the OG's hit, and I was the only one in school that copped. People were like, "Those are ugly/wack/etc etc." I didn't care, still rocked em like crazy. Once the obsidians and the Playoffs came out, everyone in school was rockin 'em. So yeah, anyone with a 9.5 DS they're looking to take off their hands, hit the PM box.

But yeah, this pack was overrated. All packs were overrated IMO. Just JB's way to get us to pay ridiculous prices for one shoe. Unfortunately it worked...
I had the OG's XII's back in my freshman year of college, and I remember people thought I was out of my mind for buying them, but I thought they were dope and still love them.  

it was not that good on quality but is a classic for both shoes and prob wont come out again
lol only in fusion form
ohwell.gif

Like everyone is saying the quality wasn't that great but I still like the pack. The quality on my XII's is good my XI's
ohwell.gif

I am happy with them. Obviously they are nothing like the OGs when it comes to quality but in these higher prices/ lower quality years, they were ok

i got 2 packs i sold 1 pack to my friend the 11s were bad i sold the bred 11s from my second pack but i still have a pair of the taxis. i still have my pair from 01

i was happy with my purchase i knew the quality wasnt up to par but i rather pay 310 for the pack then 400-500 for the XI's and 200-300 for the XII's

imo all the cdp packs were over-priced and the xi/xii was the most overrated, the reason for that has to do with the quality, or should i say the lack of it.

I have the OG taxis and CDP 12s and I must say, the quality of the CDP 12s aren't that bad compared to the OGs.

I'm pretty new to the game and obviously this pack contained some of the greatest colorways in JB history; so it was a no brainer.
I got an early look at them (work at FTL) and man was I disappointed with the 11's. That sole looked PINK! The 12 was my favorite Air Jordan at the time so unless they made it look like a Flu Game (snicker) I was happy. I've been wearing the 11 a fair amount, and the sole seems to be turning slightly darker, but I do hate seeing some previous retros and wishing on what could have been.

Never got this pack due to the hypebeast and resellers. Im salty yea, idc about quality, still looking for a 8-9.

Imo this pack was not overrated. The prices maybe got a bit out of hand, but these are two of the most classic Jordans ever. Bred XI are grail status to many, and Taxi XII are extremely clean and nice. 2 of my top 10 shoes really and in one pack. As for the quality, I've worn my XIs probably 5 times and they don't even have a crease, and my "23" is fine, not peeling at all. I haven't worn my XIIs, but the quality doesn't seem any worse than the rest of the recent retros. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I most definitely think this shoe was overrated.
I didin't even bother on trying o grab these cause I didn't wanna fight off the hypebeast and re-sellers.. It's a good thing I didn't lose sleep over these because there are still plenty being sold online for not that much over retail.

they were just hyped since they did release around christmas...but the quality was terrible

I sold my CDP XI last month since I purchased the 01 retro a few months before. I haven't worn my XII yet, but I'm looking forward to it. My pair is straight.

I guess some folks got good pairs and some didn't.

Back
Top Bottom