The College Basketball Post

There's a simple solution to beating a zone defense.

So what's worst? Teams running zones or teams not being able to beat zones?

some of these teams are running it on every possession.

You want kids learning how to make defensive rotations, and learning to make reads on the pick and roll against man to man defenses.

vs standing passing the ball around the perimeter trying to get the ball into the middle or shooting a 3 pointer.

the average european draft prospect is significantly better at making these reads.

Last edited:
I feel where you're coming from OKB and I wish it was different because if American kids started learning those things early because they're such great athletes but lack skill set.

All this zone defense obviously isn't making better shooters, all you had to do was look at HS national championship, Nike Summit and the past NCAA tourney.

Stephen Zimmerman trimmed his list to 8 (UNC, KU, UNLV, IU, L'Ville, UK, UCLA and Arizona)

I know he's a 5 star center but anybody seen this kid play? Is he legit?

Last edited:
Myles Turner announcing today...think it's gonna be Texas from what I've read...

Won't be surprised if he picks KU.

Stephen Zimmerman trimmed his list to 8 (UNC, KU, UNLV, IU, L'Ville, UK, UCLA and Arizona)

no clue, i'm never convinced untill I see them play international basketball.

I assume he will be on the the u17 team. lets wait and see, he looks way to Isiah Austin-y and tht didn't work out that well.

Last edited:

I want to go to Vegas this summer and see some events. I only seen Zimmerman play two games on television during the Adidas Nations last summer.

Turner is a C? Lol never seen dude play but only knew him from this thread. The way ya'll posted about him I assumed he was a guard

Told y'all bout that Longhorn bag.

Barnes strikes again.

They going to be great with him/Taylor/Holmes/Ridley.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: texas brought out the bag, so he brought out the bucket.

Wasn't super impressed with Turner, looked super brittle, didn't run well.

Has that greg oden rickity running style.

Hope he stays healthy.

Has anybody come back from certain death like Rick Barnes?

Last edited:
no surprise re: Turner and Texas

My only question is how does Turner and Ridley play on the floor at the same time. Stretch 4's gonna be pulling him away from the lane and it's not like they can switch assignments and have Ridley guarding 4's. Taking away Turner's biggest strength

no surprise re: Turner and Texas

My only question is how does Turner and Ridley play on the floor at the same time. Stretch 4's gonna be pulling him away from the lane and it's not like they can switch assignments and have Ridley guarding 4's. Taking away Turner's biggest strength
I'll be interested to see how they play together.  Niang will be a match-up problem for them.  

Couple of quotes from Frank Kaminsky and why he returned to Wisconsin:

"I am at the pinnacle of my basketball playing career, at least in my eyes. I know the NBA has their crazy fans and all, but if you look at all of their games, there are games when teams like the Bobcats get hardly any fans, and it looks flat out boring."

"At the Kohl Center, we play in front of nearly 17,000 fans every single time we step onto the court. When we travel, we play in front of sell out crowds who absolutely hate us. Not because of who is on the team, but because of where we go to school. Who could leave that?"

"I know I am going to college and pursuing my degree free of charge, but it comes to a point where you are tired of being broke. I hate looking in my bank account at the end of the month and seeing $20 left in there. The appeal of potentially a lot of money would entice any collegiate athlete, or any college student for that matter."

"With the pieces we have returning, I believe we can win the Big Ten, and even win the whole damn thing."

"I don't think I would be able to live with the regret of skipping my last year of college to be a potential D-League player or end up in Europe," he wrote. "I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been drafted. I believe that one day I will be put on an NBA roster, but that doesn't happen right away for most people. Especially for a 7-foot white kid with average athleticism."

Last edited:
Frank sipping that kool-aid man. :lol:

"7 foot white kid with average athleticism"

But also great footwork/shots around the basket and ability to stretch the floor.

He could also improve his athleticism with the world class trainers in the NBA but I digress.

Dude selling himself short talking about he could end up in the D-League or Europe where he'll still be getting paid but he's acting like he can't end up like Mitch McGary.

Back
Top Bottom