The College Basketball Post

I still don't know how KU won last night. Had absolutely no business winning the game, but I'll take it.

Towns is a man amongst boys. Was simply too much for Georgia down the stretch. I think the recipe to beat Kentucky has to include Towns having an off-game.

I still don't know how KU won last night. Had absolutely no business winning the game, but I'll take it.

Towns is a man amongst boys. Was simply too much for Georgia down the stretch. I think the recipe to beat Kentucky has to include Towns having an off-game.

Basically you need EVERYTHING to go right in order to beat UK at this point. :lol:

You guys stole one last night, great win, I thought WV was going to run away with that one but you guys kept your composure.

Basically you need EVERYTHING to go right in order to beat UK at this point.
laugh.gif

You guys stole one last night, great win, I thought WV was going to run away with that one but you guys kept your composure.
This is true.

I knew a run was coming eventually from KU...just didn't think it would literally be as late as possible. Reminded me of the Memphis NCG game.

From that SI.com link:

The last 3:37 of the January 10th Ohio State vs. Indiana game took almost 32 real minutes to play, with 7 timeouts, 3 official reviews, and 16 free throws.
:lol: :lol:

The timeouts are the reason I stopped attending college games live as these aren't even basketball games - you are sitting there watching players trot back to their bench every five minutes. Including the halftime there is the potential to have 19 timeouts in a 40 minute game, and that doesn't even include referree's timeouts. Absolute insanity, and for how bad it is for the fan I can't imagine what it's like as a player.

CBS and Turner announced their official NCAA tournament TV pairings:

Jim Nantz, Bill Raferty and Grant Hill (Final Four)
Marv Albert, Chris Webber, Len Elmore and Craig Sager
Verne Lundquist and Jim Spanarkel
Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller and Dan Bonner
Ian Eagle and Doug Gottlieb
Brian Anderson and Steve Smith
Spero Dedes and Mike Gminski
Andrew Catalon and Steve Lappas

Studio:
Ernie Johnson, Greg Gumbel, Clark Kellog, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith (New York)
Matt Winer, Seth Davis, Mateen Cleaves (Atlanta)

Here's a good piece done by ESPN on a good friend of mine and it shows the work he's done with Thon Maker.

The guy was trash and looked lost at the beginning of the season. Sheed getting the axe was a blessing for Grayson, he got thrown to the wolves and had to sink or swim and not by choice.

I love how Matt Jones has owned his new role and is becoming a solid role player.

Can't lie i wasn't buying him at all. Straight deer in the headlights at the start of the year. Now I'm itching for him to get more burn. Kid has def settled in and comfortable out there.

Last edited:
Can't believe Quinn Cook is a senior already :wow:. His time flew by and he actually improved a lot.

Seeing how much he used to get ******* on it's cool to see him playing at this level ......can't even hate

I will hate on the amount of love duke gets from the cowboys 
laugh.gif

I have no idea why you guys were so convinced Grayson Allen wasn't a Duke quality talent. :lol:

I didn't have a strong opinion but didn't seem to me all that different from all the other lower Mcd AA prospects.

I can't speak for anyone knocking him but I think that was just some ribbing and pushback for the Rex Chapman, Bob Sura and Dwayne Wade comparisons that showed up here last spring.

I can't speak for anyone knocking him but I think that was just some ribbing and pushback for the Rex Chapman, Bob Sura and Dwayne Wade comparisons that showed up here last spring.

Exactly, people were proclaiming him JJ Redick with better athleticism on here just off of highlight tapes which was laughable.

Matt Jones making strides :smokin

Fran's job is safe, I'd say.

Would be in Crean's best interest to not lose vs MSU, though.

Really hope they do, these past few weeks have been embarassing. I'd take the NIT to get him the **** out of here. Team could be really good next year with a better coach.

Anybody that saw him play in the Mikkie D's game seen that he didn't belong out there. He looked like a very below average athlete and couldn't get his shot off. Kid just looked shook. Just like he did the start of the season. Confidence on the basketball court is one hell of a thing and he's clearly playing with it now.

He definitely had a breakout game compared to his body of work throughout the season. This is why I was simply asking why he couldn't get a single minute in some games earlier in the year. I guess Suliamon getting booting helped

Back
Top Bottom