The College Basketball Post

Ending of the Duke game made zero sense. Didn't call a jump ball and then called that pointless foul with .7 secs...Would be sick if I bet on that.

I don't believe stone will be much of a scorer at maryland as a freshman. Doesn't have a wide variety of post moves and doesn't look very athletic either. 

Ending of the Duke game made zero sense. Didn't call a jump ball and then called that pointless foul with .7 secs...Would be sick if I bet on that.

On top of making Utah come back out on court after they had already been beaten and shook hands. That was stupid and disrespectful.

Also, I know it's beating a dead horse to blame Roy Williams for things, but a good tactical coach is coaching that team to a win last night....
Wrong. Roy Williams had a good game plan but the players did not execute.  The silly hip check foul Hicks picked up, the turnover by Britt that started the run for Wisconsin, down by 2 score is 65-63 and Brice Johnson goes 1 of 2 from the line, Marcus Paige didn't get going until the final few minutes, injured Kennedy Meeks, and multiple bigs in fould trouble. 

Now what adjustments should Roy Williams made? The only thing people are coming up with are is that he should have called a timeout. Does a time out solve any of those problems?  

Wrong. Roy Williams had a good game plan but the players did not execute.  The silly hip check foul Hicks picked up, the turnover by Britt that started the run for Wisconsin, down by 2 score is 65-63 and Brice Johnson goes 1 of 2 from the line, Marcus Paige didn't get going until the final few minutes, injured Kennedy Meeks, and multiple bigs in fould trouble. 

Now what adjustments should Roy Williams made? The only thing people are coming up with are is that he should have called a timeout. Does a time out solve any of those problems?  
Meeks and Joel James should've played more in the 2nd half, especially james he did a decent job defending kaminsky. I understand the foul trouble by both bigs but they needed to get in more. Other than that roy did a great job to coach this team to the sweet 16. The fan base needs to give him credit for this squad winning 26 games. 

Meeks and Joel James should've played more in the 2nd half, especially james he did a decent job defending kaminsky. I understand the foul trouble by both bigs but they needed to get in more. Other than that roy did a great job to coach this team to the sweet 16. The fan base needs to give him credit for this squad winning 26 games. 
Spot on to get this inconsistent team to the sweet 16 and in a position to get to the elite 8 was a good coaching job. 

I have only seen Stone in person a couple of times...but I'll say this...there is a reason the "best of the best" programs weren't THAT interested in him. Idk how he's ranked top 5 in recruiting to be honest.

its crazy how nobody mentions duke as possibly giving kentucky game...all i hear people talk about is wisco and arizona...when was the last time duke has been under the radar like that?

its crazy how nobody mentions duke as possibly giving kentucky game...all i hear people talk about is wisco and arizona...when was the last time duke has been under the radar like that?

I think it has a lot to do with the first round exits the past couple years in the tourney. But it is a little intriguing they aren't mentioned as legitimate threats to UK even though certainly have the starting 5 talent to compete for sure.

They don't scare me talent wise. It's just the boards and the shot blocking. But Winslow is the key.

Ncaa women's is so damn one-sided. That's why I don't even care if Cal or Stanford loses, Uconn is going to always win it all anyways. 70-28 in the ******* elite 8.

IDK maybe the 2010 NCAA tournament team but WVU did the heavy work

But what was the last really good Duke team ? 2004 NCAA Tournament group ?

the team with kyrie was good and team that lost to Louisville was good too....they are kinda an afterthought of beating kentucky....not saying they would of course but they have a good shot....i actually think gonzaga would get the business from kentucky contrary to what others think

IDK maybe the 2010 NCAA tournament team but WVU did the heavy work

But what was the last really good Duke team ? 2004 NCAA Tournament group ?
I thought that Kyrie team was going to go undefeated before he got hurt...They were really good. Him coming back for the tourney actually threw things off a bit.

bo with 5* athletes running that offense. wisconsin would beat the knicks (jk) :lol:

my buddy still complaining about that BS foul call at the end. ruined his parlay :lol:

Last edited:
Not that he couldn't be right, but it's annoying when media members tweet things like this:

@bomani_jones: that depaul job has “bad idea” written all over it.

clown *** tweet. heaven forbid a good coach takes the challenge of rebuilding a school.

it's only a bad idea if you're not the right fit for the situation.

Media members wield thousands upon thousands of followers, and I wonder if we'll ever get to a point where you can't tweet things like that - it's an opinion and resticting the press goes against all things First Amendment, but he's not exactly 'working' when tweeting that and most importantly, 140 characters hinders anybody from fully expounding on such an opinion - so in essence it's a declarative statement where you don't need any sort of evidence because you don't have room for evidence. Just seems weird to me.

Last edited:
it's his opinion so you can't really get at him for it. not like he said anything horrific. but yeah it's a bush-league statement. like who cares? if a coach wants the deal job, let him take it and try to revive the program. should depaul just give up on sports completely bomani?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom