The College Basketball Post

jersey

I swear it's only a handful of teams in the country that can play with their guards and wings.

Greg's enjoying college..

n1211490074_30215595_3998.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

jersey

I swear it's only a handful of teams in the country that can play with their guards and wings.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
His form is awful. You should never have people holding you. At least I don't
pimp.gif

jersey

laugh.gif

Goddmanit, I was waiting for the perfect time to bust out with this pic. I already have a Monroe stoneface ready.

jersey

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that look like some !%*% that would take place at a party in the GO!
pimp.gif

That polo is
pimp.gif

Edit: WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE HE'S GETTING A MID-AIR LAPDANCE AND 2 PEOPLE ARE HOLDING HIM UP?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

That polo is
pimp.gif

Edit: WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE HE'S GETTING A MID-AIR LAPDANCE AND 2 PEOPLE ARE HOLDING HIM UP?
laugh.gif
Cuz that's his first dub w/o being on a wall. He is soft you know.

Tennessee point guard hasn't cleared eligibility

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee true freshman point guard Daniel West won't be participating with the Vols when the team's official practice begins Friday.

The school says West is being prevented from practicing due to an eligibility clearance issue and said in a statement it couldn't comment further because of privacy concerns.

The 6-foot-1, 165-pound West averaged 15 points, 11 assists and six steals as his Saginaw (Mich.) High School won the Class A state championship.

At Tennessee, West was expected to compete with J.P. Prince and Bobby Maze for the starting point-guard position.

I never caught a dub with another dude holdin me up..wall FTW

an Allen..

WE RUN MSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASK DUKE!!!!!!! ASK CAKE! AN DRE! (0_0)

roll.gif

Austin Freeman is 239?????
Khalid El-Ahmin 2.0

That's Downy dryer sheets status.....hence Greg Monroe
laugh.gif

Alright, it's finally hitting me; I can't wait for the season to start.

It's just now hittin' you?! I been yearning for CBB since April.

Right now I'd give UNC, UConn, Duke, UCLA, Marquette (Even with James back there), Villanova, and maaaaybe 'Cuse (Johnny goods) the nodover Siena's backcourt. Still, that poses well for them. We'll see how that frontcourt supports them though.

NO NAME HT WT POS CL EXP Hometown High School
32 Kenny Belton 6-8 245 F SO 1L Salem, Va. Dudley (N.C.)
22 Rashad Bishop 6-6 220 F SO 1L Newark, N.J. Kennedy
11 Larry Davis 6-3 180 G SO 1L Houston, Texas Alief-Hastings
3 Dion Dixon 6-3 180 G FR HS Chicago, Ill. Crane Technical Prep Common
34 Yancy Gates 6-9 255 F FR HS Cincinnati, Ohio Withrow
30 Anthony McClain 7-0 245 C SO 1L Trenton, NJ National Christian Academy
20 Branden Miller 6-4 195 G SR 3L (NS) Cincinnati, Ohio Indian Hill
23 Alvin Mitchell 6-5 215 F SO 1L Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Cardinal Gibbons
50 John Riek 7-1 255 C FR HS Sudan Winchendon School (Ma.)
42 Steve Toyloy 6-8 255 C JR Tr. West Palm Beach, Fla. Palm Beach Lakes
5 Deonta Vaughn 6-1 195 G JR 2L Indianapolis, Ind. Harmony Community
15 Darnell Wilks 6-7 195 F SO 1L Nashville, Tenn. Pioneer Christian Academy
21 Mike Williams 6-7 240 F SR 1 Sq. Camden, Ala. Wilcox Central
1 Cashmere Wright 6-0 170 G FR HS Savannah, Ga. Urban Christian Academy

Coach Mick Cronin
2008-2009 SCHEDULE
( Click on an event for complete event information )

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

Sat., Nov. 1 vs. Carleton University (Exh.) Fifth Third Arena 1:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Nov. 11 vs. Northern Kentucky (Exh.) Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Sun., Nov. 16 vs. South Dakota Fifth Third Arena 12:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Nov. 18 vs. Texas Southern Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Global Sports Classic
Sat., Nov. 22 vs. Western Illinois Fifth Third Arena TBA
Mon., Nov. 24 vs. Coastal Carolina Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Fri., Nov. 28 vs. Florida State Las Vegas, Nev. 10:30 p.m. ET
Sat., Nov. 29 UNLV or California Las Vegas, Nev. TBA

Sat., Dec. 6 vs. UAB Fifth Third Arena 12:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Dec. 13 vs. Xavier Fifth Third Arena 8:00 p.m. ET
Mon., Dec. 15 vs. Charleston Southern Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
SEC/BIG EAST Invitational
Thu., Dec. 18 vs. Mississippi State Cincinnati, Ohio (U.S. Bank Arena) 6:30 p.m. ET

Sat., Dec. 20 vs. Eastern Kentucky Fifth Third Arena 6:30 p.m. ET
Mon., Dec. 22 vs. Arkansas - Pine Bluff Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Mon., Dec. 29 at Memphis Memphis, Tenn. 9:00 p.m. ET
Sun., Jan. 4 at Marquette * Milwaukee, Wis. 2:00 p.m. ET
Wed., Jan. 7 vs. Providence * Fifth Third Arena 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Jan. 10 vs. Connecticut * Fifth Third Arena 4:30 p.m. ET
Wed., Jan. 14 vs. Rutgers * Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Sat., Jan. 17 at DePaul * Chicago, Ill. 2:00 p.m. ET
Mon., Jan. 19 at Providence * Providence, R.I. 8:00 p.m. ET
Thu., Jan. 22 at St. John's * Queens, N.Y. 9:00 p.m. ET
Wed., Jan. 28 vs. Georgetown Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Sun., Feb. 1 at Villanova * Philadelphia, Pa. 12:00 p.m. ET
Wed., Feb. 4 vs. Notre Dame * Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Sat., Feb. 7 at Georgetown Washington, D.C. 12:00 p.m. ET
Wed., Feb. 11 vs. St. John's * Fifth Third Arena 7:30 p.m. ET
Sat., Feb. 14 at Pittsburgh * Pittsburgh, Pa. 4:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Feb. 21 vs. Louisville * Fifth Third Arena 2:00 p.m. ET
Thu., Feb. 26 vs. West Virginia Fifth Third Arena 7:00 p.m. ET
Sun., Mar. 1 at Syracuse * Syracuse, N.Y. 2:00 p.m. ET
Tue., Mar. 3 at USF * Tampa, Fla. 7:00 p.m. ET
Sat., Mar. 7 vs. Seton Hall * Fifth Third Arena 12:00 p.m. ET
BIG EAST Conference Championship
Tue., Mar. 10 BIG EAST Conference Championship New York, N.Y. TBA

- I'm really excited about our team this year. We finally have a roster full of talent that is ready to compete each night in the Big East. This is the first full team that we've had since the year that Andy Kennedy coached us right after Huggins was fired. Last year Mick beat Boeheim, Wright, Huggins, and Pitino with a roster full of JUCO players that he signed to fill the roster that he inherited that had about 3 players after he was hired and the '07 freshman class. This year he has so much more talent at his disposal and it will be very interesting to see what he is able to do with it.

-Everyone knows that Deonta Vaughn is our go to guy and he has shouldered the load since his freshman year. I expect his scoring numbers to go down a little bit since he won't have the ball in his hands as much as he was forced to in years past, and also due to the fact that he will have a lot more weapons around him.

-Having Mike Williams this year is going to be big for us. He hasn't really lived up to the All-American hype that he had coming out of high school when he signed with Texas, but I feel like his game is much more well rounded now and he has really matured as a player. He is very fundamentally sound around the basket and has nice mid-range jump shot. Physically, he is still a monster and pairing him with Yancy Gates could be a nasty combo. Mike and Deonta will be the leaders of the team and I think they are very well respected by their teammates.

-Yancy Gates- Yancy has so much talent that it is ridiculous. He is 6'9 260 with an NBA body, and NBA athleticism. He has a 40 inch vert and can handle the ball very well for someone that size. He also is a good shooter. He can knock it down from mid range with consistency, and even step out and hit a few threes. However, the problem with Yancy is effort. You don't know which Yancy Gates is going to show up on each particular day. He should be dominant on the boards, but he really isn't. He also shouldn't veer out to the three point line but he seemed to do so all through his high school career. This is where Mick Cronin comes in. If he gets the most out of Yancy then we will be a tournament team, but if Yancy plays up to his potential then he also could be 1 and done with the weak draft coming upon us in 2009.

-Dion Dixon will be a All BE player before the end of his career. He's from Chi-Town coming out of the same high school that Sherron Collins went to (Crane). I really do not understand how Depaul or Illinois let this kid leave the state. His game is really disgusting he can score from anywhere on the court. He also plays hard defense. I can see him being a big addition to the team.

- The other 2 Wild Cards for the team are Cashmere Wright and Anthony McClain. Cashmere will have the reins at PG handed to him from Day 1 and it will be interesting to watch how he adjusts to BE play. A lot of how quickly he adjusts will determine how successful we are this year. I think that Cashmere will be fine though and just the physical nature of the BE will be the main difference for him because he has all of the tools that you look for in a PG. Anthony McClain struggled a lot last year with bone spurs in his feet he was never able to get consistency and he was in excruciating pain throughout the whole year. Over the offseason he put on over 40 pounds and worked on his footwork. He has developed a nice little mid range jump shot and I think he really solidifies the depth in our backcourt. He came into last year at 6'11 and he is looking like he is about 7'1 to 7'2 right now.

-Also look out for : Steven Toyloy, Darnell Wilks. Both could give us solid minutes
-Mr. Solid :Rashod Bishop
- Instant Offense off the bench: Alvin Mitchell
-The icing on the cake for the 'Cats is that we should be adding John Riek in January.

In a nut shell I'm very excited about UC Basketball being back on the map.
My prediction for the team is 20-11, but I think they could be better or worse depending on how they mesh and some of the freshman that are key to the team adjust. 22-9 is the best that I think that we'll be, but that's a long shot.

Austin is built. He could stand to get a little more lean...but he's not outa shape from what I see.

If he ever gets to go back to playing at the 2....goodness....he'd body people.

Deonta VAughn is gona put in work this year. Big time work

Deonta VAughn is gona put in work this year. Big time work

Deonta was looking so much better in the off-season. He is quicker and more explosive than he was last year. I said that he would score a little less butit's really hard for me to stick by the prediction. This Dion Dixon kid is going to be a lot like Deonta though but he is a lot more explosive and he isabout 4 inches taller. SMH at Bruce Weber for letting this kid leave the state, but he has Demetri McCamey and Jeff Jordan at guard.

I see you on Vaughn.

Dominique Jones
Dar Tucker
Weyinmi Efejuku
Corey Chandler
Jeremy Hazell
Chris Howard
Justin Burrell
Corey Fisher
Da'sean Butler

All guys who are a little under the radar about to put in work.

lol @ that clown saying Khalid El-Ahmin 2.0
You a full blown ****** if you thought I was tommbout' them having the same type of game.
nerd.gif

I'm talkin' 'bout both of them dudes would rather bounce a donut in some soy milk then get it poppin' on the basketball court
laugh.gif

I doubt all that weight is puuuure muscle so how the hell does JT3 let him get so got' damn fluffy in the offseason? I know they got workout programsduring the summer and he was most likely in the DC area workin' out with their strength coaches.

yea but he is a legit 6'3'', 6'4''..K was like 5'9'' at best
My dude Khalid used to get it in though. First professional athlete to get a Lil' Debbie endorsement deal.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dukehead

lol @ that clown saying Khalid El-Ahmin 2.0
You a full blown ****** if you thought I was tommbout' them having the same type of game.
nerd.gif

I'm talkin' 'bout both of them dudes would rather bounce a donut in some soy milk then get it poppin' on the basketball court
laugh.gif

I doubt all that weight is puuuure muscle so how the hell does JT3 let him get so got' damn fluffy in the offseason? I know they got workout programs during the summer and he was most likely in the DC area workin' out with their strength coaches.

yea but he is a legit 6'3'', 6'4''..K was like 5'9'' at best
My dude Khalid used to get it in though. First professional athlete to get a Lil' Debbie endorsement deal.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

an Allen..

WE RUN MSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASK DUKE!!!!!!! ASK CAKE! AN DRE! (0_0)

roll.gif
SHUT THE $@!* UP!!!!

7b72500ba7a841945de95bed619ac9a9d9bcf89.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

g-spt-071220-duke-7p.widec.jpg

Pittsburgh's Levance Fields celebrates with a teammate after hitting the winning shot to beat Duke 65-64 in overtime on Thursday at Madison Square Garden.

FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY!!!

87d3543fb104ae35177858e595bce5f56233aa6.gif

laugh.gif
not again... not already. I remember consecutive pagesof threads last year with dre going at it like this.

Back
Top Bottom