The College Basketball Post

Anyone know where to rewatch the game?

I had one of the most insane nights of my life. In a closed tent with about 500 people hammered off my ***. Projection screens on the ceiling. Every point scored the crowd was deafening while beer was spraying from all directions. My vocal chords are done. I was so in the heat of the moment and so lit up that I don't remember any of the specifics. I don't remember the refs being bad, I don't remember players getting slapped. I woke up and said I don't think Dekkar even had a good game. Then I saw he missed 3 shots total :lol: Was blown away when I saw Kentucky had only 6 turnovers, shot 90% from the line, 60% from 3, and 48% from the field.

I need to see and analyze what really went down.

Last edited:
Man :smh:

I'm still in disbelief :smh:

Can't believe we lost. I can't even watch anything sports related right now. Might not even watch the game tomorrow :frown:

@TVobach you were right earlier in the year, I didn't think Wisky could do it.

@StephenB wildkycat wildkycat @DarthSka @soychulo It was a great season bros, all we can do is reload and try again next year.

Thoroughly enjoyed the season. Was great to witness it. As a realist the odds of running the table in this day are very slim, so a loss is not a surprise to me. Proud of what they accomplished. Can't be mad losing to a great team. Gratz to Wisconsin.

Already looking forward to next year.

Can't really say if he was genuinely sincere or not, probably was a PR move as usual (super quick).  Gordon Haywood cousin was smart w/ his words as well.  Just a POLITICAL RESPONSE move (PR).

this looks like a guy who just put a years worth of rent on uk :lol:

:pimp:

"Fans"

Thoroughly enjoyed the season. Was great to witness it. As a realist the odds of running the table in this day are very slim, so a loss is not a surprise to me. Proud of what they accomplished. Can't be mad losing to a great team. Gratz to Wisconsin.

Already looking forward to next year.
Same here.

All the hate of UK is because players come and go. When in reality thats no one but the NCAA and NBA's fault. Theres nothing any coach can do to make someone want to stay and go to class every day. Thats up to said player.

"Oh well its not hard to do that when you have all these all-americans" Man plz ... Im sure if your school had a shot theyd be recruiting them too.

Why would anyone pass up the opporunity to recruit the best players in the nation for some mediocre ones that would maybe be a role player by his junior year.

And if youre a HS senior in the top 100 where would you choose: UK UNC Duke KU Sam Houston St or Eastern Illinois?

Cmon

Last edited:

Man
mean.gif

I'm still in disbelief
mean.gif

Can't believe we lost. I can't even watch anything sports related right now. Might not even watch the game tomorrow
frown.gif

@TVobach you were right earlier in the year, I didn't think Wisky could do it.

@StephenB @wildKYcat @DarthSka @soychulo It was a great season bros, all we can do is reload and try again next year.
no doubt.

i can believe UK lost, it's Wisconsin. a great team with the POY. it's hard to win 39 in a row.
laugh.gif

it just sucks because the first loss in a year and it's over... like what? weird feeling.

for the last time, no coach has had more success than Cal since he's been at UK. no one. and the numbers aren't close. K can eclipse him with his 2nd title since Cal arrived in Lexington... but everyone else? nope. x's and o's, recruiting, whatever... all facets of being a college basketball head coach. so if you want somebody else as your head coach, you're asking for someone who delivers less. how hard is that to understand? so like I said, if you want to tell me there are coaches who are better than Cal? that's fine... but if you tell me someone besides K, good luck convincing me you're right.

pretty sure @Bigmike23 has said the same thing that Andrew said about me before.
laugh.gif

my head hurts, last night was awful... too old for that ****.
pimp.gif

was TEARS OF JOY LAST NIGHT!!!!!

this looks like a guy who just put a years worth of rent on uk :lol:
I think it was Seth last night after the game when they showed this guy, he was joking that the guy must have bet the house on UK winning :lol:

It aint that serious .. unless you lost nig money i guess

I think it was Seth last night after the game when they showed this guy, he was joking that the guy must have bet the house on UK winning :lol:

It aint that serious .. unless you lost nig money i guess

I'm guessing that guy didn't go home because he now has no home to go home to

He's hit macgruber "I suck your ****" status

Last edited:
All you Cal supporters keep minimizing what having the Kentucky machine behind him provides. What Cal has done since joining UK he wouldn't be able to do at a Washington or a Wake Forest. If you give an Izzo, Billy D, Jay Wright, etc the Big Blue program, I guarantee they see similar success.

Guy fell into the perfect situation, plain and simple. The stars aligned - it ain't all Cal creating this magic.

When they said the team didn't watch any Wisconsin footage in preparation for the game....

yeah....

Cats really trying to downplay Cals coaching and career tho? :smh:

Last edited:
I'm not even saying he's the best, I'm just saying that if you're gonna tell me guys are better, I need more than "if's" and "guarantees." The UK job ain't for everyone... Izzo, Billy D, and Wright could've probably had the job. But I do know Cal ain't gotten his teeth kicked in during the Final Four like Izzo, he's never went 16-17 like Donovan, and he hasn't been beaten by an 8 or 9 seed as a 1 seed like Wright. He's had better success at UK than Pitino has had at a big time school like UofL in his 11 or so years there.

Last edited:
Calamari's done better than Gillepsie, I'll tell you that much.
haha ole Gillispie .. man i always wondered what was up with that man. Glad he was out so we could get Cal

I remember campus rumors was he was trying to get at students, straight old man creeper style

I don't know how anybody can dispute what cal has done... He got the recruits, got a bunch of all stars to play together as a team, and has them consistently as a contender every year. Are his play calls suspect?... Maybe?... But the coach has a lot of other responsibilities, and cal is destroying the field when it comes to that. He got Memphis and Umass to the final four!!

Even if you want to pretend like the Final Fours at UMass and Memphis didn't happen... He's been to 4 Final Fours in 5 seasons. The only other coaches to ever do that are Wooden and K.

I'm not even saying he's the best, I'm just saying that if you're gonna tell me guys are better, I need more than "if's" and "guarantees." The UK job ain't for everyone... Izzo, Billy D, and Wright could've probably had the job. But I do know Cal ain't gotten his teeth kicked in during the Final Four like Izzo, he's never went 16-17 like Donovan, and he hasn't been beaten by an 8 or 9 seed as a 1 seed like Wright. He's had better success at UK than Pitino has had at a big time school like UofL in his 11 or so years there.

:lol: cause he's never coached a team that over achieved. Didn't he miss the tourney a couple years ago w a bunch of McD's players? Izzo never done that.

Even you know Cal couldn't have got this years Spartans out of the first weekend, let alone into the tourney.

Last edited:
It's hard to over achieve when there's never anywhere to go but down. Go back and look at the teams UK played during the 2011 and 2014 tourney runs.

Lol damn my bad, I still want to think that Virginia was on top that bracket even though I know Nova was the 1 seed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom