The College Basketball Post

This shows me you did not watch KU this year, because typically, yes, Self does this. However, he changed the entire offense this year and I'd argue it backfired last night. They attempted 25 3s and made only five. Throughout the year, they were hot from 3, shooting 40%. They had a very off shooting night and it led to the L.
I was talking in general about Bill, yes. I'm not really blaming him so much for yesterday, Oregon made tough shots, make or miss game sometimes.

but my general point about Bill stands.

Also they were 157the in the country in terms of percentage of of shots being 3 pointers. So they weren't exactly throwing them up at high rates all year.

I'm not even saying he should be fired, I'm just saying. he doesn't max out the cieling of teams, but always guarantees consistent level of success, whether that trade off is worth it is up to you kansas fans to decide.
Okay, I gotcha, and would agree.

Now, realistically speaking, I think Bill Self is absolutely the best coach for KU right now. K, Cal, Roy, etc. aren't coming to KU and I will take Self over Few, Miller, Bennett, etc.

Bill Self is what he is. A damn good (great), consistent regular season coach who continues to struggle in the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom