The College Basketball Post

DRQf99DVAAodcqi.jpg

Bamba lookin raw as h*ll on ESPN2 . He probably still gets drafted higher than somebody like Brandan McCoy based on upside

Tim Hardaway Jr, Nick Staukus ,Trey Burke and Levert weren't McDonald's All Americans . He is doing a nice job
He cool but ol dude took George Mason to the final four...

Had Miami ranked number 1 the majority of the year a couple years ago.

I mean they both good coaches but I personally give the nod to Miami

Tim Hardaway Jr, Nick Staukus ,Trey Burke and Levert weren't McDonald's All Americans . He is doing a nice job

Only THJ and Levert still in the league. Stauskas kind of is... but has played limited minutes and on his 3rd or 4th team now. Burke done-zo in the NBA. McGary done-zo. DJ Wilson pretty unimpressive so far in his rookie campaign, after being drafted 17th. Caris Levert looks pretty good though.

Have to give Beilein props for getting them drafted as high as they were, but it seems like his players don't really have any staying power in the NBA. Probably because he teaches literally zero defense at all. Great offensive minded coach, and his system allows his players to show out offensively... but don't see many of them ever being anything but role players on teams, even if they were lotto picks.

It's not like he's recruiting highly touted guys. His defensive teachings aren't going to fix the shortcomings of Burke, Stauskas, or McGrary. Those guys had limited ceilings in the NBA regardless. You're talking about two guys with severely limited athleticism and a dude with chronic back injuries. Him developing those dudes into 1st rounders is a testament to his player development and talent evaluation as it is. Caris was going to a MAC school before Beilein found him. Burke was headed to Penn State.

It's not like he's recruiting highly touted guys. His defensive teachings aren't going to fix the shortcomings of Burke, Stauskas, or McGrary. Those guys had limited ceilings in the NBA regardless. You're talking about two guys with severely limited athleticism and a dude with chronic back injuries. Him developing those dudes into 1st rounders is a testament to his player development and talent evaluation as it is. Caris was going to a MAC school before Beilein found him. Burke was headed to Penn State.

Again, props to him on getting them drafted as highly as they were. My point is, they shouldn't have been drafted that high in the first place. Lotto picks shouldn't be out of the league after their first/only contract.

Burke was a 4-star on all sites except Rivals. He was a Mr. Basketball in Ohio, Parade All-American, won an AAU title and Ohio state basketball titles. Stauskas was a Top-75 player, consensus 4-star that won his high school championship and was the Canadien equivalent of an AA. Athletic as hell, good handle - I'm surprised he has sucked this bad in the NBA honestly.

Levert was a lesser known recruit, as was THJ. Props to them for having the 2 best careers for Beilein guys. GR3 was a 5-star stud, son of a former NBA stud... and fell to the 2nd round after returning for his 2nd season (when he was a projected lotto pick as a Fresh). He's been hurt most of this year, but looked like he was starting to carve out a role before that.

Burke had a big senior year that caused his stock to shoot up a bit. Still couldn't get an offer from OSU despite playing in Columbus and being teammates with Sullinger in HS.

My point was just that Beilein's defensive teachings had very little to do with those guys lack of NBA success. :lol:

People give college coaches WAYYY too credit for the development of the guys they had that made it to the league.

You can argue all of those guys would turn out the same way regardless of who coached them.

Burke had a big senior year that caused his stock to shoot up a bit. Still couldn't get an offer from OSU despite playing in Columbus and being teammates with Sullinger in HS.

My point was just that Beilein's defensive teachings had very little to do with those guys lack of NBA success. :lol:

They didn't take Burke, because they already had a committment from PG Shannon Scott.

We forgetting Beilein took them to the title game? With what y’all callin sub-par nba talent. Sounds like pretty good coaching to me.
You don't need superstar NBA guys to win in CBB. Not exactly going out on a limb calling anyone of those guys outside of Caris a subpar player in the L either. I think Beilein is a good coach personally. Does a good job maximizing the skills of his guys.

You don't need superstar NBA guys to win in CBB. Not exactly going out on a limb calling anyone of those guys outside of Caris a subpar player in the L either. I think Beilein is a good coach personally. Does a good job maximizing the skills of his guys.

You don't have to tell me that lol. Roy just won last year with a group like that.

"Five star 2018 power forward EJ Montgomery is on campus today at Clemson for an unofficial visit. Would be a huge get for the Tigers"

Back
Top Bottom