The College Basketball Post

From the sound of it, it was all Bagleys dads idea. Of course if you’re K, you welcome him sooner than later.
Oh definitely, especially with that class he already had coming in...

I don't even like Coach K at all and would agree that the situation could have handled better based on the information available, but like said above it's not gonna end up hurting him in any way. "Oh you're upset that your role isn't gonna be as option #1 on this team? I'll still get you drafted #7 overall as the 3rd or 4th option on this team..."

2009: Someone from the crowd throws a Pepsi out onto the floor and half of UNC's team slips and tweaks their ankles, allowing MSU to win the title
2010: Gordon Hayward gets called for the foul on Draymond in the final few seconds, Draymond hits free throws and MSU beats Butler to play Duke in title game
2016: MSU doesn't lose the first game on the tourny to Middle Tenn State, and goes deep and possibly wins title as they were one of the best teams in the country that year

2009: Someone from the crowd throws a Pepsi out onto the floor and half of UNC's team slips and tweaks their ankles, allowing MSU to win the title
2010: Gordon Hayward gets called for the foul on Draymond in the final few seconds, Draymond hits free throws and MSU beats Butler to play Duke in title game
2016: MSU doesn't lose the first game on the tourny to Middle Tenn State, and goes deep and possibly wins title as they were one of the best teams in the country that year

Would have had to take out the entire 2009 team lol.

Villanova shot. Easy.

turbospartan turbospartan how convinced should I be of Miles Bridges’ nba talent?

I guess it depends on what you're expecting out of him.

I'm obviously a bit biased, but I think he's going to be a pretty decent player / eventual starter in the NBA. Incredibly athletic, a very good shooter (his 3pt% went down slightly Soph. year, but he's a good overall shooter - improved his FT% by like 19%), good defender, good vision/passer for a SF/PF.

His negatives are he doesn't have a crazy wingspan relative to his height (6'7" in shoes, wingspan is 6'9.5") and his handle / ability to drive to the hoop. He can do that, but a knock on him at MSU was that he rarely did. Usually take 1-2 dribbles and pull up for a jumper. I think that aspect might improve a bit in the NBA because it is much more spaced out than a half-court set with 2 big men (including Nick Ward, who rarely ever left the paint).

I don't know a lot about the Hornets and their style of play / their roster. Seems like they have a ton of SGs and only MKG as a SF. I could see Bridges getting a few putbacks / breakaway dunks, hit a 3, grab a few boards per game, and play good defense on multiple positions (2-4, depending on how big the 4 is).

I guess it depends on what you're expecting out of him.

I'm obviously a bit biased, but I think he's going to be a pretty decent player / eventual starter in the NBA. Incredibly athletic, a very good shooter (his 3pt% went down slightly Soph. year, but he's a good overall shooter - improved his FT% by like 19%), good defender, good vision/passer for a SF/PF.

His negatives are he doesn't have a crazy wingspan relative to his height (6'7" in shoes, wingspan is 6'9.5") and his handle / ability to drive to the hoop. He can do that, but a knock on him at MSU was that he rarely did. Usually take 1-2 dribbles and pull up for a jumper. I think that aspect might improve a bit in the NBA because it is much more spaced out than a half-court set with 2 big men (including Nick Ward, who rarely ever left the paint).

I don't know a lot about the Hornets and their style of play / their roster. Seems like they have a ton of SGs and only MKG as a SF. I could see Bridges getting a few putbacks / breakaway dunks, hit a 3, grab a few boards per game, and play good defense on multiple positions (2-4, depending on how big the 4 is).

Solid analysis. Repped. His 3 ball seems to have a slow release but athleticism out the gym. To get good mins next year he will have to prove he can defend the 4

Solid analysis. Repped. His 3 ball seems to have a slow release but athleticism out the gym. To get good mins next year he will have to prove he can defend the 4

I’m excited to see what he can do. From seeing him play in person (given it was in high school) the kid has a motor and the will to win. I said before the pick that I would like if the hornets got him

WKU and $tansbury are gonna pay Charles Bassey’s Guardian $200,000 as an assistant this year. That’s the same amount they’re paying their top assistant who has 10 years of experience :lol:

WKU and $tansbury are gonna pay Charles Bassey’s Guardian $200,000 as an assistant this year. That’s the same amount they’re paying their top assistant who has 10 years of experience :lol:

Yikes. MSU's assistant coaches are all around that same range ($200-250k), and most have been at MSU for decades.

Few days late with some of this...

200k for a guardian and we are suppose to believe that the recent allegations and Fed indictments were going to change the landscape of college basketball recruiting. It is a problem that will never be fixed.

I was ready for the Vick era to be over with. Never really liked the way he played and both parties felt like it was a mutual parting. I'm not sure what changed in between the end of the season to when Self agreed to take Vick back. Personally I would have preferred Vick's minutes went to the younger guys like Dotson and Grimes. Take the lumps / losses early on during non conference and let them develop so that they would be ready come January and on.

Most folks on the KU boards believe that SdS will never play for KU again ala the Billy Preston situation. I'm not sure. I believe he will play unless a paper trail is found. But if there was one thing I learned from the BP saga it is that you can't trust anyone's word when it comes to eligibility.

Things I Would Change:
1. Mike Lee doesn't get his shot blocked by Warrick. He gets the shot off whether he makes or misses.
2. Arizona doesn't go on the freakish run in 97
3. VCU in 2011 (Self's biggest failure)
4. EJ doesn't have brain fart with his 10 second called against Michigan

Gets caught cheating and can't coach. Maryland can do better.

Things I would change

1. K-Mart doesn't break his leg
2. School doesn't push Huggins out. Would've got OJ Mayo and Bill Walker smh
3. Cronin subs out Cumberland with 4 fouls.. Should've made the F4 this year

Back
Top Bottom