The College Basketball Post

Not my intention. Who wouldn’t want that guy right now? Lol
The kid is 18. How many 18 year olds have sound jumpshots at this stage in their career?

Let’s say he doesn’t put up above average percentages from the outside by the end of the year. Then what, he automatically gets written off?

People gotta stop with this “develop a jump shot or bust” narrative about Zion. There’s clearly more to his game than “dunking” but most don’t want to actually pay attention to the bigger bag he really possesses.

UNC should be embarrassed by their Bahamas tour. They played against players between 5'5 - 6'6 , I've seen the videos

The kid is 18. How many 18 year olds have sound jumpshots at this stage in their career?

Let’s say he doesn’t put up above average percentages from the outside by the end of the year. Then what, he automatically gets written off?

People gotta stop with this “develop a jump shot or bust” narrative about Zion. There’s clearly more to his game than “dunking” but most don’t want to actually pay attention to the bigger bag he really possesses.

Showed his ability to create and pass(undervalued part of his game)

The foul line pull up jumper he showed in the last game was promising.

A lot of college defenders are gonna have a problem keeping him out of the lane

You wouldn't have jumped all over me on this if it wasn't for my avatar, but it's cool. I honestly didn't mean to rustle any jimmies.

I've said several times that I think he's a great player and would love to have him on my team. That doesn't mean I think he needs a sound jumpshot today. To translate to the league at his height, IN MY OPINION (which you are free to disagree with, and may be right on), he needs to work on getting a more consistent jumper AND focus on getting quicker lateral movement. The guys his size in the league right now are more than often quicker than him. Will he be able to get around this based on his strength and his quick bounce? Maybe. But I don't know that and neither do you.

Three guys were taken in the top 10 in the NBA draft last year between 6-5 and 6-9. They were Doncic, Knox, Bridges. ALL of them showed some range in their college career. All of them were more consistent shooters than Zion showed in high school. (To be fair, Doncic is an anamoly based off his height for his position) Will that be the same for Zion in June next year? I don't know. But I think that his draft stock is helped by making the jump shot more consistent in college than it was in high school.

And if he doesn't? Where did I say he would be written off? He'll have a great career either way. But in order to become the next big thing that he's been advertised as by people the last few years, his game will need some polishing.

You're just using me as a scapegoat and labeling me as a hater because I'm a Carolina guy and you assume that means I'm butthurt over not getting him.

UNC should be embarrassed by their Bahamas tour. They played against players between 5'5 - 6'6 , I've seen the videos

This is true. I 100% agree with this. Was glad Roy went deep into the bench and often. I think even he said something about the level of competition, which I was surprised at.

Mad random but I play against quinten Thomas Wednesday...had no clue who he was until somebody told me. He cut the cornrows and still can play, jumper still broke tho and he was rocking a Cal shirt. Dude def should’ve went to Cal and not unc.

Melvin scott was hooping last week too. Dude was shooting that joint from halfcourt.

Late pass

but where were you hoopin' at? In Raleigh?

Yep, was surprised he got almost no burn. Goldwire played a bunch. Would love them to go 9 deep, especially early in the season.

Should've went to Syracuse , Boeheim only had 6 guys last year . Reddish and Jones should be ready in 3-4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom