The College Basketball Post

I liked those kalin lucas lead michigan state teams.. Raymar morgan playing with the mask. Delvon Roe being one of the biggest 5* busts.

Kevin Keatts gonna prove he's a winner today?

Got nostalgic when someone posted about Jameer Nelson's son in the NBA thread. Gonna throw it back with some random players/memories from different time periods growing up. Off the top of the dome.

Jason Gardner, Hassan Adams, "Slim" Stoudamire, Gil, Miles Simon, RJ, Loren Woods, Channing Frye, Bibby, "Mighty Mouse." Thought I was the flyest kid in school when my uncle scooped the red 'Zona Gardner jersey for me.
Three-headed Illinois monster with Deron, Dee Brown and Luther Head.
Ed Cota, Joe Forte, Rashad McCants, Sean May at UNC.
Tony Bobbitt rockin' the Deuce Treys at Cincy.
Carl Krauser throwing up the 'X' at Pitt. Julius Page rockin' the #1.
I was emulating Juan Dixon on the court for weeks when the Terps won the 'ship in 2002. Lonny Baxter, Steve Blake, Chris Wilcox.
Hakim Warrick and Gerry McNamara for 'Cuse.
William Avery, Battier, Maggette. Trajan Langdon was a sharpshooter back in the day.
Khalid El-Amin running the point for UConn.
Charlie Bell and Mateen Cleaves for Sparty.
Erick Barkley the great NYC hope for SJU. Ron Artest for the Red Storm. Bootsy Thornton.
Ron Mercer at Kentucky. Tony Delk.

I'll post more as they come to me...

Edit:
Jamaal Tinsley and ISU losing to Hampton in the tourney as a #2 seed.
T.J. Ford backpacking Texas. I really thought he'd be what CP3 and Deron became in the NBA. Had me fooled, injuries moderately to blame.
Tyus Edney and Ed O'Bannon at UCLA.
Those UF squads defended like crazy under Donovan. With Horford, Jo, Brewer. Different era but Dupay was nice long time ago.
Jeff Boschee was wet on KU.

Who is Rashad McCants?

Ashton gibbs running point for jamie dixon and Pitt. The last time they were a respectable program, with dante taylor who was fat and trash.

I liked those kalin lucas lead michigan state teams.. Raymar morgan playing with the mask. Delvon Roe being one of the biggest 5* busts.

Kevin Keatts gonna prove he's a winner today?

To be fair on Delvon Roe, he was never the same after he blew out his knee Sr year of HS

He didn't even finish his eligibility at MSU, retired after Junior season

^ how did you not mention Ben Gordon and those UConn teams.
You right. Pride of Mount Vernon. Gordon, "Rip" Hamilton, Ray Allen, Marcus Williams and Jeremy Lamb more recently.

Tyrus Thomas at LSU. Block machine.

Mike Sweetney at Georgetown with the 'dad bod.'

Edit:
Mo Pete on Sparty. Then going on to the league to play for the Raps. Z-Bo at MSU.

Michael Redd with the smooth lefty jumper. Scoonie Penn.

Four-guard offense with Lowry, Foye, Allan Ray and Nardi. Ray was the one with the nasty eye injury, right?

Last edited:
Youre up 8 on NC State and hype Level is beyond comprehension. I'm liking their level of play but would love Espn to tone it down. Spread is -17. Do work Duke.

Zion has four now. Games at 9. You wouldn't think that. I don't like Duke when it matters in March. UNC and Michigan are money. The spread will have big play coming soon. I'm sitting out on march madnes

Thinking long term to mm. Michigan and UNC are good bets. Duke is highly questionable. Aka not a great bet % wise. Duke is iffy come March. Bet that.

Smh @ my guy Ant Cowan blowing a bunny that would've cut Michigan's lead down to 1. They immediately got the rebound, came down the floor and hit a 3. 5 pt turn :smh:

Keldon Johnson brought the flamethrower tonight. Has UK's last 11 points. Had two additional looks from downtown that could've/should've went down, way too strong on the first.

Fun watching the dribble penetration from both sides. Hagans opening things up for Johnson. Bone (no rattle) getting Grant Williams an easy look. Schofield missing a gimme or two.

Edit:
Quickley gettin' reamed out by Coach Cal.

Feeling like Nick Richards can be the X factor come tourney time. Kinda like Wenyen Gabriel was last year. Inconsistent production from both guys. Richards had a nice post move, offensive board and block in a two-minute stretch. Picked up two quick, cheap fouls in succession though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom