The College Basketball Post

Zags/FSU:
Leonard Hamilton made some coaching decisions that didn’t make sense to me. First, taking Forrest out with around 4:30 to go. I get he’s gassed and been playing 34+ minutes. But it’s the tourney, man. Win or go home. Forrest was getting to the rim at will with his dribble. Really good at protecting the ball when penetrating. Also really good at using his body to cushion the contact and finish strong.

Secondly, Leonard got caught leaving Koumadje in too long after picking up his third foul. I get Koumadje didn’t play much in the first half after picking up two quick fouls and you wanna spell Kabengele to prevent overload, but Hamilton milked it to the 16-minute range when Koumadje picked up his fourth.

Mann’s game has smooth elements but also lets the game come to him. Doesn’t really have that ‘dog’ or mamba attacking when FSU needed baskets in the half court. Overall, ‘Noles couldn’t buy a trey. 3-20 ain’t gonna cut it against a #1 seed. Savoy hit two deep ones in the first half but I can’t remember much beyond that.

Perkins was crucial in the first half. Showed veteran leadership and hit three or so big shots with all the attention on Rui. Clarke showed a willingness to use his limited face-up game and dribble drive. If either comes along, he’s going to be a monster in the NBA. Clarke the best defender left in the tourney, along with Hunter for UVA. Norvell hit two or three clutch threes in the second half to help keep FSU at bay. Their team defense will matter against Tech. I just wonder how patient they can remain offensively when shots aren’t falling and everything to the rim is heavily contested.

Kansas guard Charlie Moore has entered his name into the transfer portal. Former Rivals150 member & one-time standout at Cal

Grad transfers? Won’t he lose a year if he sits again?

Unless he can get a hardship waiver approved or go to a D2, yeah he would lose another year.
No surprise he is transferring. I had high hopes for him but it never clicked for him here.

Bc quickly 5ppg and Hagans 8 ppg is equal to Aaron Harrison 14 ppg and Andrew 10 & 4.

I get it you feel confindent in this year but let’s not talk silly’s. Herro legit and I don’t consider Johnson a guard. Like I said those two guards are weak and they will cost cal.
To be fair we won a NC with Teague as our pg. :lol::lol:

19-John-Beilein-Air-Jordan-3-.jpg

Wide open 3 constantly being missed legit horrible defence... this is what the hype is about?

Vols/Purdue:
suavamente suavamente , I honestly wasn’t worried when Tennessee went down 12 going into halftime. Barnes wasn’t executing Tennessee’s proper offense. Vols were settling for outside jumpers instead of getting buckets in the paint with Grant and Scho. I did think Bowden’s missed FT would come back to hurt. He missed like three of four, or five of six, before halftime. Kinda the way I felt missed FT would hurt Auburn if UNC managed to come back last night.

Turner brought the Vols back so it’s hard to be fully mad at his bone-headed foul on Edwards’s deep three in the right corner. In real time, I didn’t know if it was truly a foul. If I watch replays today, I’m guessing it probably was. Also thought Carsen dribbled the ball off his leg/foot when Williams blocked him with like 2.5 seconds to go. Vols obviously lost time when the refs mismanaged the clock. Rick Barnes would be the one to try to make two passes and call TO for the last shot.

Overall, Tennessee fought back with Turner and posting Scho on the low block. Grant’s foul trouble didn’t help late but nobody expected Cline to snap. The boy can shoot, don’t get me wrong, but he was frying from catch-and-shoots, off the dribble, late in the shot clock, etc. Carsen will always take some shots that make you scratch your head. That will really hurt against UVA. I doubt Cline shoots the ball at that type of volume again.

I’ve been doubting Purdue a lot this tourney but the Virginia matchup is not tailor-made for their style, IMO. UVA is bound to click offensively, as they haven’t yet. Didn’t check numbers, but Guy has felt cold with his shot all tourney.

right on.

Purdue gonna get smoked today

Back
Top Bottom