The College Basketball Post

TV Teddy outta here. :nthat:

Hope they are all good, though.

Ted valentine out?!

25241A88-C0E3-479D-86AC-CD3CC3AE4EF7.jpeg

I swear to god I had a run back in the 2000's where every game I attended in person Valentine was the ref. And these were games where the day before he was on national TV reffing another game 15 states away. Then you go home and a day later he's on Sportscenter for mixing it up with a coach in another game.

I don't know what NM is thinking with that Pitino hire honestly.

He's coming off a 54-96 (.360) conference record and 18-68 (.209) road record at Minnesota :lol: His offenses are horrific, and he has no real career success in the Tournament. He also has no ties to the southwest.

Something is fishy..

Oh wait here it is: Many years ago Billy Donovan played for Rick Pitino. Rick later got his young son (Richard) a spot on Donovan's staff at Florida, and Donovan eventually became Richard's mentor. New Mexico's current Athletic Director, Eddie Nunez, played and later coached for Billy Donovan at Florida. Richard Pitino is fired on Monday, and Nunez swoops in to give him the NM job within hours.

What a club.

Not particularly familiar with Pitino's Xs and Os, but recruiting at Minnesota is pretty tough. Wisconsin, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan St, Iowa, Iowa St, etc are all superior programs close by that they have to compete with for local recruits.

Not particularly familiar with Pitino's Xs and Os, but recruiting at Minnesota is pretty tough. Wisconsin, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan St, Iowa, Iowa St, etc are all superior programs close by that they have to compete with for local recruits.

Wisconsin has a reputation and recent history on their side. But they make their rosters off Minnesota talent.

Brad Davison, Nate Reuvers, Tyler Wahl... all from Minnesota. Going back, Jordan Taylor, Mike Brusewitz, Kammron Taylor, Jared Berggren, list goes on.

It shouldn’t be hard to recruit here if Wisconsin’s reputation is basically made from Minnesota born/bred kids. At the very least they should be able to be what Wisconsin is if those players are here.

Gotta admit, I love Rick's agent's hustle as usual...

Rick Pitino says he's not leaving Iona for Indiana, is not a candidate: 'I'm not going anywhere'
Yahoo

Rick Pitino stated emphatically during a news conference Tuesday previewing Iona’s first-round NCAA Tournament matchup with No. 2 seed Alabama that he wouldn’t consider any other coaching jobs and planned to make Iona his last stop.

“I’m not going anywhere,” he said. “If I go anywhere, it’s retirement, and I don’t plan on retiring anytime soon.”

There had been immediate speculation Monday linking Pitino with the opening at Indiana after Archie Miller was fired. Though Pitino called Indiana one of the premier coaching jobs in college basketball, he said he wasn’t interested.

“You could come to me with the greatest job on earth, and I would not consider it,” he said. “I came home to coach and end my career at a small, Catholic school. I’m looking forward to building a special program at Iona.”

It threw me off that the first four games aren't until tomorrow and the first round is now Friday and Saturday. Is this just due a one off since all games are being played somewhere in Indy?

Maybe. I think they’re just trying to make it a mini Madness slate one night before it actually starts—I can see them just getting creative in a weird time and if people love it, they might stay with it.

Yo fellas if you still want to enter the niketalk tournament pool heres the link
Password is Niketalk

Back
Top Bottom