The College Basketball Post

There are certain schools you simply just cannot have sustainable success at and Boston college is one of them
The type of places that gotta hit on some super under the radar NBA prospect and have that 1 good season a decade :lol: :smh:

BC in the wrong conference too like how Maryland is in the Big 10

Tyrese Rice was a long time ago. Why is BC as bad as y’all are sayin? Like what specifically makes it worse than other average Power-5 jobs? Seriously asking

Tyrese Rice was a long time ago. Why is BC as bad as y’all are sayin? Like what specifically makes it worse than other average Power-5 jobs? Seriously asking

School budgets, amenities, location in relation to other good basketball programs in the area. They’re basically the wake forest of the North East without the storied history. They should’ve never joined the ACC

BC as a school has always prioritized football over basketball. A couple years back they were the only P5 school to vote ‘no’ on an expansion of scholarships. They consistently rank last in the ACC in terms of revenue as well.

Dutcher to Minny has been talked about locally here in San Diego. They’re worried that Minnesota is gonna come after him.

Can't see Dutcher leaving SDSU (especially this soon) after being an assistant and head coach-in-waiting to Steve Fisher for so long.
Agreed. However:

Dutcher (and wife) are from MN.
His dad coached MN for a decade.
He has one school he can leave SDSU for in his current contract: MN

If Minnesota wants him, they have a decent chance of landing him.

They completely overmatched being in the ACC...And their location compared to the other schools in that conference, small hoops budget and zero recruiting buzz makes it damn near impossible to bridge that gap they have in the conference

A smart coach would have to come in and run it like a mid major just to get em consistently average

Agreed. However:

Dutcher (and wife) are from MN.
His dad coached MN for a decade.
He has one school he can leave SDSU for in his current contract: MN

If Minnesota wants him, they have a decent chance of landing him.

Wow did not know he had that specifically in his contract. All the others are good reasons, but that is specifically telling of something he wants if the time’s right.

BC had a good run of teams with Troy Bell, Jared Dudley, Craig Smith, and Ty Rice. Been locked in the basement of the ACC ever since. I’m glad they never got wise and hired Mark Schmidt (BC Alum).

Providence and URI are probably better jobs than BC.

Providence is better than BC , but not URI . URI has a winning tradition , but is in a much smaller conference and everything is dependent on the coach being above average recruiting it's footprint

I’m in finance now but I produced a weekly radio show Troy Bell was on when I was in radio. Super nice, real salt of the Earth guy as ya say. And in a good way all his BC stories were unhinged :lol:

Back
Top Bottom