The College Basketball Post

Don't know what the Zags need to do to get one but hopefully Mark doesn't drink tonight in all seriousness.

I think Gonzaga needs to move out of the WCC to finally get over the hump. I know they don’t have football and their school is relatively small but they need to be in the pac 12, because despite all of the tournament blunders, they’ve been the best program on the west coast in the last 15 years or so.

Playing a good non conference schedule and following it up against the WCC teams has never gotten them ready for the tournament

1648173197726.png

I don’t think so. Been rolling with them since the late 90’s and this the best stretch of talent they have had in the last 5 years. When they get eliminated, it’s always the same formula, a more athletic team that gets after it. Baylor last year, and they should have lost to Ga State and Memphis who is of that same type of team.
Yea They’ll get over the hump eventually. But the last 5 years has been their best chance. I should’ve word’d that right.

I think Gonzaga needs to move out of the WCC to finally get over the hump. I know they don’t have football and their school is relatively small but they need to be in the pac 12, because despite all of the tournament blunders, they’ve been the best program on the west coast in the last 15 years or so.

Playing a good non conference schedule and following it up against the WCC teams has never gotten them ready for the tournament
Yea they doing it backwards…Play all the tough games in November then basically scrimmage until they gotta “flip the switch” for the tourney…Probly won’t leave tho, WCC is an automatic bid and boost to the win total every season

Last edited:

There was talk about them leaving a few years ago. The WCC gave the Zags everything they wanted because that conference fold if they leave. They are the biggest money maker in th conference.

But I agree they do need to leave. The non conference schedule is up to par, but the WCC schedule pulls them back down to earth.

Back
Top Bottom