The College Basketball Post

Imagine me...a Atlanta falcon fan, and a Tar heel fan going through all that in the span of 2 months.

If Bron didn't come through in the Finals I was done with sports for a good 3 years.

Yikes.... that one hurt kinda, as a mostly neutral, anti-patriots observer :lol:

Think I might've had Falcons money too :sick:

Beuckers is a generational talent, these college wins and championships won’t mean much.

She’s going to blaze the trail of serious earning potential in women’s basketball
I love Paige, but she's definitely got some "advantages".
White girl who has serious talent who also praises Jesus. They gon' eat her up. Only thing that might not have the whole country going for her is the MAGAs might not like her being a staunch BLM ally

Ion see how she is a cut above Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, DT3, CP3. They were MONSTERS in college, and it translated IMMEDIATELY to the WNBA. How is she blazing a trail that they haven't already?

-foe

Its plenty nice ones in womens bball. The girl at Iowa nice, Azzi go get be HER once all the way healthy.

An 8th grade girl here in the KC area outscored the girls team my son goes to by herself one game this year. Think she has a a handful of offers already.

Wondering which female player would get a sig shoe next. I think currently candace parker has shoes with adidas. puma signed up stewart and diggins but no sigs for them.

Ion see how she is a cut above Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, DT3, CP3. They were MONSTERS in college, and it translated IMMEDIATELY to the WNBA. How is she blazing a trail that they haven't already?

-foe
It's a valid question. I've been intrigued at how this Bueckers thing has played out since she was coming up in HS. It's obvious the media is obsessed with her - to the point where the rest of her sport combined is not covered as much as she is. I dont think I've ever seen any process quite like this in women's team sports. We've seen plenty of STAR college players on the court - but nothing like this with the media coverage. She is going to be on the Serena level of endorsements and face time as long as she does her part which is stays at the top of her game or at least close. That's kinda how she is trailblazing this all.

Eh I feel bad for the women but at the same time there is next to no parity in their sport which causes people to not be interested as far as ratings go. It’s a hard product to sell unfortunately

It's a valid question. I've been intrigued at how this Bueckers thing has played out since she was coming up in HS. It's obvious the media is obsessed with her - to the point where the rest of her sport combined is not covered as much as she is. I dont think I've ever seen any process quite like this in women's team sports. We've seen plenty of STAR college players on the court - but nothing like this with the media coverage. She is going to be on the Serena level of endorsements and face time as long as she does her part which is stays at the top of her game or at least close. That's kinda how she is trailblazing this all.
I'll be honest I never followed women's basketball (college or pro) until I saw that highlight reel of Bueckers a few years ago. **** was flames.
However, it doesn't seem to be translating as easily in the college game

32C480F8-024D-446F-A266-CC45D3CD8673.png

JustBlaze. JustBlaze. i seent it!!!!

-foe
I don't think she's above them and I don't think she will blaze any new trails until women's ball gets more love in the US. Last year's WNBA conference finals and finals was the best basketball played at any level last year and that wasn't enough to open doors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom