The College Basketball Post

Did Uconn lose its grip on wbb? I know paige was hurt, but it seems like other schools have caught up on the court and in recruiting
Women's basketball has undergone a renaissance in the last 8 years where more and more programs are investing real dollars into their women's basketball programs. I've watched UCONN and Tennessee my whole life and they won because they had better players than everyone else. Because of the dollar Investment more and more programs can recruit better players. Not to mention the talent is so high right now (so many great players across the country) and they see each other and play together in AAU teams and at U17 and U16 USA basketball teams that many of these young ladies don't want to go to UCONN because they are looking to get playing time. Now that the transfer portal is what it is and NIL deals (especially at the local level) are exploding these ladies are going to programs that fit their style. Flau'jae wasn't even recruited by Uconn and I think Caitlin and Paige were in the same class so Uconn didn't get her. Alyiah Boston chose South Carolina over Uconn and Angel Reese wasn't recruited by Uconn.

Uconn having not run things every year is great for the game. With Paige coming back next year with Azi they will be fine but so many teams are getting better recruits and NIL is balancing everything.

Iowa beating South Carolina really changed wcbb at this moment

So much happened since SC didn't win the final four in a blowout fashion

aepps20 aepps20 is my resident womens basketball correspondent. Love his love for womens basketball and echo all of his statements in regards to this renaissance that’s happening right now. It’s great for the sport, and it showed this year with the ratings during March/April.

:lol:

No need to with how you view the coach of your fine institution. Can’t be disappointed. I see you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom