The College Basketball Post

Calhoun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Small for an NBA big? Blake is 6'10, 250+ ... How is that small? There's nothing small about that kid...
you sure he's 6'10, bro? Beasley, who was said to be 6'10, measured out at 6'8 w/o shoes....

Blake is bigger than Beasley is...

And without shoes measurements are so pointless... I ain't ever seen a dude play ball without sneakers on...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Calhoun owning that reporter at the press conference. that was great.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I can't believe the reporter asked that... What kinda @#!$*$$ question was that? Seriously, that's unbelievable...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Small for an NBA big? Blake is 6'10, 250+ ... How is that small? There's nothing small about that kid...
you sure he's 6'10, bro? Beasley, who was said to be 6'10, measured out at 6'8 w/o shoes....
Blake is bigger than Beasley is...

And without shoes measurements are so pointless... I ain't ever seen a dude play ball without sneakers on...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Calhoun owning that reporter at the press conference. that was great.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I can't believe the reporter asked that... What kinda @#!$*$$ question was that? Seriously, that's unbelievable...
well what i meant is, Beasley turned out to be a LOT smaller than people thought he was. he was said to be a low 6'10, and he turned out to be6'8 (actually 6'7.5 without shoes). basically, there's no way i'm believing that Griffin stands at 6'10. not with shoes, without shoes,whatever. he's not 6'10.

i'm not saying he's small, but it's going to be tough for a 6'9 guy to guard 7-footers. i know the kid can play and all, but these things are abig deal to NBA scouts.

I wana say no to that and that NBA people should know better about taking a kid that size that hasn't run the show, but Russell Westbrook isn't helpingthat case.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I wana say no to that and that NBA people should know better about taking a kid that size that hasn't run the show, but Russell Westbrook isn't helping that case.
Talkin about Willie?

I like him as much as anybody, but he ain't a Top 5 pick... Lottery pick, sure...

Yeah.

I don't really think he is either. but it wouldn't shock me if shows some more ability to run the 1.

don't see the problem with Blake and his size...I'd probably say he looks 6'9 to me...that's fine for guarding 4's, plus he's as strongas just about anyone as soon as he steps on the court.

he can get by on his strength/athleticism for a while.

I was sayin 5 weeks ago no top see would want Memphis as a 7,8 seed in the same pod..

now these dudes are going to be a top seed.

Right now they've become the best team in the country statistically. Best defensive team by a good amount.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

don't see the problem with Blake and his size...I'd probably say he looks 6'9 to me...that's fine for guarding 4's, plus he's as strong as just about anyone as soon as he steps on the court.

he can get by on his strength/athleticism for a while.
Agreed...

Yeah, he needs work stepping away from the basket and polishing his mid-range, but it's not like he's just completely deficient out there... He canface up and put the ball on the floor and he can knock down jumpers if he's open... Needs refining and needs to develop the arsenal, but it ain't likehe's completely lost if he gets pushed off the blocks in a half-court set...

He's a great athlete with elite strength, and he's more a natural power forward than Beasley or Durant are/were... Beasley and Durant were bothperimeter players playing outta position in college...

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Memphis is def a top team right now. I just don't know how much of it has to do with the competition in the CUSA.

memphis should have left when the other major teams left. they've become a major national program and they play in an inferior conference to make sure theyhave one of the best records in the ncaa each year.

from an athletic department's point of view it's an excellent idea but from a fan's view, it's a punk out to stay in that conference.

john calipari probably uses guaranteed 30+ win seasons as a recruiting point.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Memphis is def a top team right now. I just don't know how much of it has to do with the competition in the CUSA.
memphis should have left when the other major teams left. they've become a major national program and they play in an inferior conference to make sure they have one of the best records in the ncaa each year.

from an athletic department's point of view it's an excellent idea but from a fan's view, it's a punk out to stay in that conference.
laugh.gif
You act like they shy away from playing huge games every season in their OOC schedule though...

They're a legitimate high-major program whether they're in Conference USA or not...

True. Took all the good teams out though:

Marquette
LouisVille
Cincinnati
Depaul

We just doing our job.

smokin.gif

Right now they've become the best team in the country statistically. Best defensive team by a good amount.

Kenpom has them 30th or so offensively, but yeah, defensively their numbers are impressive.

Another win for the Hawks today. "Born Ready" Lance Stephenson was in town on an official visit and we rolled out the red carpet for him. Instead ofRock Chalk Jayhawk, the crowd chanted Rock Chalk Stephenson at the end.

BIG MONDAY KU vs. OU for the outright Big XII lead!

I thought he was more around 6'8, so in that case I am wrong, but he does need to work on his mid range game. And they way he pushes around people now, Ihope he realizes that he'll need to do that to get good at the next level.

Of course he can do it. Theres no way he can't. He has the tools and everything. Not you in particular Nowitness, but a lot of people seem to thinkhe'll come in and dominate. I am expecting more of a Beasley type of deal.

laugh.gif
I know you REALLY like him.

Willie could be a better Westbrook. The D isn't were Russel is at. But his offensive game is further ahead.

Its crazy how Memphis is doing this. I still don't think there top 10, but Tyreke has become a lot better since conference play started. There setting upto get a number one since no one will challenge them.

#1 seed for Memphis
eek.gif

laugh.gif
yea Memphis getting a 1 is strange to me.

Calhoun was #*$#$#+ pissed that guy was talking about his salary, but he has a point. You cut the program. Your in a bigger deficit.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

memphis should have left when the other major teams left. they've become a major national program and they play in an inferior conference to make sure they have one of the best records in the ncaa each year.

laugh.gif
You act like they shy away from playing huge games every season in their OOC schedule though...

They're a legitimate high-major program whether they're in Conference USA or not...

laugh.gif
You act like power conference teams dont do the same thing then play aseason...........get this,....... in a power conference!

Memphis #1 seed is strange?

2008- #1 seed
2007- #2 seed
2006- #1 seed
2005- #1 seed

this year.....possibly #1 seed

This ain't brand new people.

Back
Top Bottom