The College Basketball Post

I love the fact that Marcus has still had an impact on this game while shooting horribly. 1 dime away from a triple :pimp:
yea Smart is solid 4real, he just gotta cut back on the flopping and long jumpers ...crazy thing bout him is this just his 2nd year playing the pg and he already nice :pimp:

-Osh, I'm with you on Stauskas.....his dribble moves have improved a lot.

Last edited:
Edit - Minnesota 'was' out here cooking at Iowa 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Remember when that 2014 draft was so great? Last month? It’s taken some hits of late with Andrew Wiggins, the star of stars last year in high school, drawing questions from NBA scouts on readiness and even where he plays. Joel Embiid, now the consensus No. 1, has a high ceiling but is young and thin and in need of development. Marcus Smart can’t shoot. Julius Randle’s Kentucky team is out of the top 10. And the growing view among NBA executives seems to be Jabari Parker will not leave Duke this year. Chicagoan Jahlil Okafor, a Parker friend and big man, is going to Duke next season. Parker is a bright young man with a strong family and the feeling is he understands both the importance of education and feels he owes Duke and the chance to have a great Duke team, which more than likely is the next two seasons. Plus, Parker has seen what staying in school has done for other greats compared with the tough starts for even stars like Kobe Bryant

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/sam-smiths-nba-news-and-notes-01202014.html

As much as I think Bari is a pro, I can't lie how epic a Duke team with Tyus/Bari/Jahlil and maybe Hood if he stays would be.

That's way too much talent on one team, Coach K would ride out of Durham on a white horse after that year.

Last edited:
Want to apo9logize for my comments prior about Embiid not being ready for the pros. He is ready at this point and another year of college probably WONT help at this point

I just hope who ever does draft him truly develops the kid

Want to apo9logize for my comments prior about Embiid not being ready for the pros. He is ready at this point and another year of college probably WONT help at this point

I just hope who ever does draft him truly develops the kid

:lol: @ another year not helping... The kid has only been playing for 3-4yrs... While it won't help his draft position, he could definitely use it from a player development standpoint.

I'm praying Bari & Hood stay... another year with Jahlil & Tyus... Sheesh. :wow: :pimp:

Wouldn't bet a single dollar though.

If you had the #1 pick, which player would you draft right now if your team had equal need at all positions?

I'm taking Parker still, but Embiid looks like he might be special... 7 footers are NOT supposed to move like that.

dominating 6'9 college centers for another year, "developing" yeah no.

nothing he can't learn in the NBA WHILE BEING PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

i don't where this idea that college has a monopoly on development came form, its insane to me, if Jabari or Wiggins or Embiid want to go back because they like college , good for them. But this idea that they will develop more playing against, children, and non nba d schemes is dumb.

what did Marcus Smart "develop"?

Son still can't shoot, and we still don't know if he can read NBA defenses without throwing a million turnovers. , we still don't know if his handle is good enough...what did he "develop"

staying to develop is for lower level prospects, or guys who haven't gotten the playing time or physical development to show off their skills.

Saw that Sykes vid earlier and my god that kid can elevate :x

That second dunk on the breakaway he was still going up when he yammed that, love those kind of dunks, hope he is the college dunk contest.

-Osh, I'm with you on Stauskas.....his dribble moves have improved a lot.
They have improved but I cant remember which game it was this year pre McGary injury where he was picked up by someone athletic and could do nothing bc his handle was that suspect

when Klay was a W. State him creating his own shot was not an issue the way it is for Stauskas

They have improved but I cant remember which game it was this year pre McGary injury where he was picked up by someone athletic and could do nothing bc his handle was that suspect

when Klay was a W. State him creating his own shot was not an issue the way it is for Stauskas

yeah you are imagining a klay thompson at wash st that didn't exist.

the book on him was klay thompson only had 1 nba skill, shooting, and he played in a soft pac-10 for ****** teams.

Nik is better than Klay was at the same age, playing against more difficult competition, and Klay didn't have any of the passing instincts stauskas has showed.

Last edited:

Are you thinking of when Duke face guarded him all game and he barely touched the ball?

Agree with OKB's post regarding development at the college level. Iron sharpens Iron, it would be different if elite prospects only played each other but that's not the case. Also in the NBA, you get access to a more advanced level of nutritionists/trainers/coaches and facilities. (unless you play for UK :lol:)

There is no way to simulate or prepare for the level of competition in the NBA where guys who were elite in college are getting garbage minutes or in the D-League. The difference in speed of the game and the level of athleticism is night and day. The one thing college can give the players is a chance to grow socially/mature but that's also not always the case and can still happen in the NBA

If you have the talent to play in the league it's hard to justify the risk of continuing to stay in school. I hear a lot of people bring up developing fundamentals and all that but that can still be done in the L and to be honest a lot of successful pro's don't have the best fundamentals. Also you have to think about the differences between the college and NBA game. Shorter shot clock, basically no zone d, different officiating and other rules.

Furthermore I feel like its ridiculous that there are so many rule changes from the HS/NCAA/NBA levels, all levels should unify under NBA rules. That would make for better players at every level and is one less hurdle when switching levels.

Back
Top Bottom