The College Basketball Post

interesting to see the crowd and who scoops them up
BBN usually dont sell their tickets even if they lose but i hear prices been dropping :lol:

are we not gonna talk about that irish/cock finish from last night
:nerd:
i was tellin my girl this BBN dont give up tickets regardless if we in it or not. Irs gonna be an empty section for sure :lol:

Man that ND SC finish was straight garbage. SC had that game, didnt box out ole girl from ND and SC final 2 possessions were a whole lot of dribbling by 1 girl trying to make something out of nothing.

Thats girls bb for ya though. Theres only a select few teams that have a team and the others are built around 1 or 2, some times 3 players.

I expect UConn to have no issues with ND again. Win this years title and have a 4 peat next year. After Stewart is gone will be interesting to see the next mini dynasty emerge

Looks like Brandon Ashley is gone, don't know if I see a great NBA future for him but I wish him the best

Brice Johnson officially coming back for his Senior season. The whole starting 5 should be back
nthat.gif

Expectations gonna be through the roof for UNC next year
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Hopefully he can step it up defensively and be able to play defense without fouling next season. We need him on the floor.

Ingram, or Brown come on to Chapel Hill

Late, but that stepback 3 by Dekker was a thing of beauty. The separation he got was ******* insane.

[quote name="DMan14"]are we not gonna talk about that irish/cock finish from last night:nerd:[/quote]Nah, let's.

No dog in the race, but I'm a HUGE Dawn Staley fan, so I was pulling for SC. And they had it, man. They did. Lack of guard play at the end, just like UK on the men's side.

That Uconn game, tho. :lol: Uconn gon' Uconn.

Last edited:

That, too.
laugh.gif

I'm saying, though, Harrisons making any noise in the draft? Would Lyles or Booker even get drafted?
Lyl;es and Booker are both solid first rounders maybe late lottery.

Harrisons who knows.
If Booker goes in the first round, check for me in the 2nd round. I'll be wearing a NT fitted.
 dumb coach cal arguments coming out of the woodwork's again.
laugh.gif

1. Out coached? They barely lost to a team with 3 possibly 4 NBA players on it. Don't let their lack of melanin fool you, they didn't lose to hickory high.

2. Brad Stevens is the best in game coach on the planet right now, saying Cal isn't as good as him means what exactly?

3. This is funny Cal consistenley comes up short huh.

So what exactly does the vauted coach K do, with his olympic hookup and talent that is just as good.

He coming up short? I he a great recruiter, mediocre coach?
laugh.gif
I don't think Cal isn't a good coach, but the talent that Cal gets is usually much better than that at Duke. Cal getting dudes who can go somewhere and average 25 to come to UK and take 10 shots a game is excellent coaching in itself. Getting stars to buy in is hard.
His 2nd worst finish in the last decade...was a Sweet 16. 3 Elite 8's, 5 Final 4's, including 3 title games. For contrast, this is only Coach K's 2nd Final Four in the last 11 years. Bill Self has made it twice in 12 years at KU. He coached 17 years at Umass and Memphis and the only players that ever stuck in the pros were Rose, Tyreke and Camby, so it hasn't been about overwhelming talent really until he hit Kentucky.

It's not hard to get back into contention, it is hard to advance in a single elimination tournament when you're running into other good teams with talent.

This season was ultimately a failure for UK (spare me the 39 wins in a crap league and no games against a Top 25 Kenpom team from 12/27 until Notre Dame) but the dude can coach.
For all of this foolishness in this post Cal has 1 title. K can get that tonight. I agree with Cal being able to coach though. 

If UK had won and a reporter had asked about Towns, and a Badger had said that same exact thing, I wouldn't take it as disrespect.

I would take it as him being pissed that THAT dude feasted and won, and I would take it that he has a bad taste in his mouth since the game literally JUST ended.

But disrespectful? Like he wants to throw hands or something?

Nah.

Just pissed.
this.....drew stupid for letting that slip though

What's there to understand?  Clear as day Harrison disrespected another player on a national stage. 

Also, bonus points for only including "white" media as unwilling to see your point of view.
Was definitely meant to be disrespectful. A frustrated 20 year old kid getting asked a stupid question after a final 4 loss. He goofed though. But when you start to have convos about the "N" word and bringing up OU and other things, and trying to make a call to action based on that word, you aren't trying to understand what was actually being said.

All he said is **** that dude. The focus and fake outrage is more at the fact that he said the "N" word, than him saying **** Kaminsky.
wasn't meant to be disrespectful; wasn't even meant to be heard. pure frustration 

duke playing all these cup cake teams in the tourney will surely catch up to them come monday. It's going to be a beatdown fr fr. Wisconsin has the best offense and has been tested all tournament. Just beat the best team in the country too. Highly doubt they'll get beaten.

So the fact that we just beat the team by 20 that took them to OT just 2weeks ago means nothing huh?
laugh.gif
OK
roll.gif
mean.gif
Even if Duke loses, the way they've been under the radar like this has been crazy. The quality wins Duke had this season has been ridiculous. They had like 4 or 5 wins vs teams in the EE. 
All you Cal supporters keep minimizing what having the Kentucky machine behind him provides. What Cal has done since joining UK he wouldn't be able to do at a Washington or a Wake Forest. If you give an Izzo, Billy D, Jay Wright, etc the Big Blue program, I guarantee they see similar success.

Guy fell into the perfect situation, plain and simple. The stars aligned - it ain't all Cal creating this magic.
I think this is false. Kentucky was average as hell before Cal left Memphis and Memphis has been average as hell since he left. I think he's had this success because of his recruiting and the fact that he gives  All American high schoolers a chance to win a title, while not putting pressure on them to score 25 a game and still having them leave in droves for the league will follow him anywhere. 
I'm not even saying he's the best, I'm just saying that if you're gonna tell me guys are better, I need more than "if's" and "guarantees." The UK job ain't for everyone... Izzo, Billy D, and Wright could've probably had the job. But I do know Cal ain't gotten his teeth kicked in during the Final Four like Izzo, he's never went 16-17 like Donovan, and he hasn't been beaten by an 8 or 9 seed as a 1 seed like Wright. He's had better success at UK than Pitino has had at a big time school like UofL in his 11 or so years there.
He did lose to Robert Morris though 
I'm starting to get nervous. our guards should thrive. my seat is around a bunch of Wisconsin heads so should be interesting but they been nice...do they usually sell winning teams gear after the game inside?
have fun bruh....seeing a loss in person in the NC has to be awful.

will be ordering championship shirt 2 minutes after the game ends..............hopefully

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUOTES

Last edited:
UNC gonna have a nice squad next year...preseason top 5?
depends on unsigned recruits

Ingram to Durham.....*fingers crossed

Great interview with Jay Williams on Mike and Mike this morning regarding the Wisc/UK game, postgame and previewing tonight's game. 

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12627488
Haven't seen a good Jay Williams interview since he played for Duke. Did he pick Wisc? Would be surprised if he didn't. 

I'm not even saying he's the best, I'm just saying that if you're gonna tell me guys are better, I need more than "if's" and "guarantees." The UK job ain't for everyone... Izzo, Billy D, and Wright could've probably had the job. But I do know Cal ain't gotten his teeth kicked in during the Final Four like Izzo, he's never went 16-17 like Donovan, and he hasn't been beaten by an 8 or 9 seed as a 1 seed like Wright. He's had better success at UK than Pitino has had at a big time school like UofL in his 11 or so years there.
It's hard to over achieve when there's never anywhere to go but down. Go back and look at the teams UK played during the 2011 and 2014 tourney runs.
But we don't know what Cal would've done with that MSU team. Miss me with the hypotheticals. I love Izzo.

If Booker goes in the first round, check for me in the 2nd round. I'll be wearing a NT fitted.

I don't think Cal isn't a good coach, but the talent that Cal gets is usually much better than that at Duke.

The annoying thing is you keep saying things that are flat out wrong. :lol:

Lets take this year.

Tyus and Jahlil were ranked ahead of Towns and Lyles Justice ranked ahead of Booker and Grayson ranked ahead of ulis on most boards :lol:

In the past coach K has had just as much elite talent, Rivers, Kyrie, Jabari, Mason Plumlee and once you factor in the fact that the Duke mid teir recruits stay longer and are older cuts away at any advantage in talent.

never mind the fact that Cal tries to recruit the best NBA prospects, rather than the best college prospects, there are guys like Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Scheyer who were better in college than 95% of Kentucky guys.

and never mind the guys with talent that Coach K just buries, you never see Cal do that because Cal finds ways to make them play better than they are.

the Twins are a perfect example.

You want to push this coach cal bad coach good recruiter horse **** irrespective of reality.

Back
Top Bottom