The College Basketball Post

Uni offense went stagnant and did nothing the last 5 min of the game.

They could not get the ball out of their backcourt in the last 30 seconds of the game other then one dunk.

They threw the ball out of bounds twice in the last 30 seconds...

They still had the opportunity to win in ot and double ot.

Refs had a minimal impact in that game.

Wow, Jamie Dixon really is going to TCU.

TCU isn't a good program obviously but I think it's a good move for him. Things had kind of stagnated at Pitt which isn't really an easy program to have flourish. Plus, now that they're in the ACC, things will only get worse for them.

Lots of athletes all over Texas, maybe he'll be able to snag a couple and make a program down there. Expectations will be low so I understand the move for him cause it seemed Pitt was ready to move on anyway.

They'll be calling for Sean Miller but he'd really have to be a schmuck to leave Zona for Pitt. Wonder who they'll end up settling for instead.

man I remember those good jamie dixon Pitt teams.

That 08-09 team with dejuan blair, sam young and levance fields was tough.

Those carl krauser lead teams were nice too. 

dixon could never really do much in the tourney though. 

man I remember those good jamie dixon Pitt teams.

That 08-09 team with dejuan blair, sam young and levance fields was tough.

Those carl krauser lead teams were nice too. 

dixon could never really do much in the tourney though. 

Watching Thabeet get sonned by Blair :pimp:

I would not sell IU short right now. They have things clicking, everyone is situated into their roles perfectly and OG has reshaped that team. I would think UNC eventually wears them out inside but they have a shot for sure.

Screwed themselves by melting down. UNI forgot hot to inbound, SFA had Walkup go full hero mode taking bad shots.

Both had massively horrible calls that changed the game. The and 1 call was AWFUL and to make it worse they didn't call the contact on the trap afterwards. Terrible. The over the back call was one of the worst I've ever seen, Walkup playing hero ball was not their undoing

I haven't really liked ISU most of this year without Hoiberg and I'd have to think Gill and the pack line is one of the more difficult match-ups that Niang can be dealt. But you should be able to hang around since UVA isn't pulling away from anyone and if Thomas and Nader hit some shots, who knows. I'd side with UVA.

Jamie Dixon is about as good of a hire as TCU could have made.

Short list for Pitt...Archie Miller (Sean ain't walking through that door), Chris Mack, Kelvin Sampson

Some out of the box ones to think about...Tubby Smith and Dan Majerle,.

Brad Underwood to OK State.

I've been really vocal with my Crean hate on here but guy has done an amazing job and it would be foolish not to give him credit. In a world of stubborn college coaches, he's remained flexible and crafted a system that gets the most out of the talent.

I'm not banking on winning Friday night and it sucks we had to run into UNC so early.

Crean gets these athletes that everyone else passes over, Oladipo, Wade and now OG.

So many good matches in the game, Yogi/Paige, Thomas/Brice, Jackson/Troy. Should be exciting.

Last edited:
Cuse' still alive
smokin.gif

easiest path to the elite 8
smokin.gif
Easiest path to the tournament facing one of the best front courts in the nation with probably the best remaining big in the tourney in Sabonis who just made  a projected top 10 pic in Poeltl look pedestrian as hell? Yeah reeeeeeeal easy path for cuse against Gonzaga lol. Guess most east coast people just underestimate them because they are west of the Mississippi and not in a power conference, but vegas knows. Zags favored by 5 against cuse, put money on that and cash it because it's going to be another double digit victory in the tourney for Gonzaga

Chris Mack played at Xavier and grew up in Ohio, dont see him leaving for Pitt.

He should wait for a better job.

Cuse' still alive :smokin

easiest path to the elite 8 :smokin
Easiest path to the tournament facing one of the best front courts in the nation with probably the best remaining big in the tourney in Sabonis who just made  a projected top 10 pic in Poeltl look pedestrian as hell? Yeah reeeeeeeal easy path for cuse against Gonzaga lol. Guess most east coast people just underestimate them because they are west of the Mississippi and not in a power conference, but vegas knows. Zags favored by 5 against cuse, put money on that and cash it because it's going to be another double digit victory in the tourney for Gonzaga

Jake was in foul trouble all night. Dude hardly played

Def won't be easy for Cuse or Gonzaga. If Zags get hot from 3 it's over, point blank. But Syracuse can out score them which is important.

Rebounding battle is huge too. Can't have Roberson or Lydon in FT as well

Chris Mack played at Xavier and grew up in Ohio, dont see him leaving for Pitt.
He should wait for a better job.
I'd be surprised if Archie or Mack consider Pitt. They can both do much better. Also heard there's bad blood between the Millers and Pitt?

Last edited:
I'll be in the building.

11 was different due to Foggy [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom