The College Basketball Post

Thats the best i can remeber us playing in an exhibition game in forever....it looks like we finally have some enthusiasm....

UCLA 41-17 cal baptist. Holiday, Shipp, Drags, Collison
pimp.gif
sloppy gamethough...Roll
sick.gif

what else is new, aboya in foul trouble early
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

All-Conference Team
Grant Maxey, F, Jr., Jackson State (Preseason Player of the Year)
I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play on November 21st.

UCLA was trying to be too cute...too many TO's and moving screens
eyes.gif
Drags should be getting Rolls minutes.

Has anyone looked into CBS College Sports XXL? Seems like a pretty good way of being able to watch a lot of different games that you otherwise wouldn't beable to see...

- Dan Werner scored 17 points and Alex Tyus had 16 points and 14 rebounds to lead Florida to a 108-49 rout over Warner University.

- USC freshman DeMar DeRozan scored 21 points and Taj Gibson added 19 points and 14 rebounds in a 85-64 win over Azusa Pacific.

- Jonny Flynn and Arinze Onuaku scored 13 points apiece as Syracuse beat Cal State-Los Angeles, 77-56.

- Carlton Fay led Southern Illinois with 17 points in an 82-59 win against NAIA Missouri Southern. Freshman point guard Kevin Dillard added a dozen points.

- Michael Washington scored 22 points and Stefan Welsh added 20 to lead Arkansas to a 103-58 rout over Campbellsville.

- Tyler Smith and freshman Scotty Hopson each had 14 points in Tennessee's 87-73 win over D-II Indianapolis.
http://www.projo.com/pc/content/sp_bkc_rick_pitino26_10-26-08_VDC23EU_v59.3b94b1e.html

Big Time UofL is getting it done

Talk about it in The Collision Course
Justin Martin, a 6-7 prospect from Lawrence North H.S. in Indianapolis, has scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Dayton, Miami (Fla.), Xavier and Louisville.Rated as the No. 38 prospect in the class of 2010 and the No. 8 small forward, Martin wanted to make an early decision and Monday night he did just that.

Indianapolis' Justin Martin picked Louisville Monday night.
"I committed to University of Louisville," Martin told CardinalSports.com Monday evening. "I called the coaches just a little while ago to letthem know the good news."

It came down to Louisville and Xavier for his pick, but he made his choice after several intense talks with Rick Pitino.

"The way coach Pitino coaches and his style of play was a big factor," Martin said. "I like how he prepares his players in academics and life.It's not all about basketball. He's a great coach, too, but he treats basketball as a part of your life."

Matin said it was Louisville's focus on his life outside of basketball that made a big impression.

"It's a great first impression during my first meeting and then it just built from there," Martin said. "We had a sit down and he talkedwith me about all the things he does with his players to prepare them for life after basketball. He has people come in and talk to the players about life,finances, classwork, the dangers of drugs and everything. That's important to me because one day the basketball is going to stop dribbling."

Martin's most recent visit sealed the deal for him. The 6-7 forward and his family came down to Freedom Hall Saturday for the Cards' exhibition gameagainst Georgetown College. Martin said Pitino spent significant time with him before the game, which showed Martin how important he was to the Cardinals'recruiting class.

"Visiting for that game sealed the deal because Coach Pitino talked to me all the way up to nine minutes left before the game started," Martin said."That meant something to me. He talked about how I would fit in with the program, and what he could do to develop me as a player and a person. I just feltlike it was a perfect fit."

So Martin traveled back home, talked it over with his parents and coaches, and then he called Pitino Monday night to announce his decision.

"I called Coach Pitino and he was just getting off the treadmill," Martin said with a laugh. "He said it was the best news he'd heard allday."

Martin is Louisville's third commitment in the class of 2010. The Cardinals already have commitments from five-star big man Jeremy Tyler and four-starpower forward Josh Langford.

One of Martin's high school teammates is a 2009 Louisville commitment, Stephan Van Treese. A 6-9, 225-pound power forward, Van Treese is one of the topplayers in the Indiana this season. He committed to Louisville on Sept. 16.

Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood has denied freshman Jeff Withey's request for a transfer. Livengood told the Citizen on Tuesday afternoon, "Simply put that's all there is; I've just denied the release."

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood has denied freshman Jeff Withey's request for a transfer. Livengood told the Citizen on Tuesday afternoon, "Simply put that's all there is; I've just denied the release."

wow
grin.gif

CHEA!

and another CHEA!
for my big _ Reggie Love holdin' down Obama as his right hand man. My dude finna hang his Duke jersey up in the White Houseright next to Barack's posters of MLK and Marcus Garvey
pimp.gif
He also the2nd person in the White House to have been publicly teabagged (Monica Lewinsky was the 1st).
laugh.gif

Just picked up the latest must-have book for college basketball junkies. The title is College Basketball Prospectus 2008-09. Will cost you $21.95, but it's worth it.

They break down a ton of statistics, like points per possession, pace of play, the value of three-point shooting. It's written by John Gasaway and Ken Pomeroy. If you are a true hoops junkie, you probably recognize Pomeroy's name. He's the brains behind the invaluable Kenpom.com web site, a one-stop shop to check RPI ratings and comparative schedules for every Division I team in the nation.

In fact, Gasaway is going to be a guest with Big EZ and me on 939 The Ticket Friday at 2:26.

But, here is a nugget that I think you will enjoy from the book. They rank the guys that they consider the Top 10 NBA Prospects in college basketball this season. These projections are built on stats as much as an eyeball test.

Here's the list:

1. Blake Griffin, Oklahoma forward.

2. Hasheem Thabeet, Connecticut center.

3. Austin Daye, Gonzaga forward.

4. James Harden, Arizona State guard

5. Earl Clark, Louisville forward

6. Chase Buddinger, Arizona forward

7. Nick Calathes, Florida guard

8. Ty Lawson, North Carolina guard

9. Gerald Henderson, Duke forward

10. Patrick Patterson, Kentucky forward.

Here is a link to college basketball prospectus

laugh.gif

Kerlew

smh.gif

I was waiting for Obama to give Reg' a direct shout out.

Reggie is that dude tho' ...Not only is he a Dukie...He's from Charlotte
pimp.gif

MSU starts their season off with an Exhibition tonight against Northen Michigan, Izzo's Alma Mater.... The start of the Delvon Roe era here at State.Anxious to see one of the fastest backcourts in the country, with the fastest player, Kalin Lucas, and Freshman Korie Lucious. Should be a great year for theSpartans.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Just picked up the latest must-have book for college basketball junkies. The title is College Basketball Prospectus 2008-09. Will cost you $21.95, but it's worth it.

They break down a ton of statistics, like points per possession, pace of play, the value of three-point shooting. It's written by John Gasaway and Ken Pomeroy. If you are a true hoops junkie, you probably recognize Pomeroy's name. He's the brains behind the invaluable Kenpom.com web site, a one-stop shop to check RPI ratings and comparative schedules for every Division I team in the nation.

In fact, Gasaway is going to be a guest with Big EZ and me on 939 The Ticket Friday at 2:26.

But, here is a nugget that I think you will enjoy from the book. They rank the guys that they consider the Top 10 NBA Prospects in college basketball this season. These projections are built on stats as much as an eyeball test.

Here's the list:

1. Blake Griffin, Oklahoma forward.

2. Hasheem Thabeet, Connecticut center.

3. Austin Daye, Gonzaga forward.

4. James Harden, Arizona State guard

5. Earl Clark, Louisville forward

6. Chase Buddinger, Arizona forward

7. Nick Calathes, Florida guard

8. Ty Lawson, North Carolina guard

9. Gerald Henderson, Duke forward

10. Patrick Patterson, Kentucky forward.

Here is a link to college basketball prospectus

Love Pomeroy And Gasaway (big ten wonk ftw)... i frequent basketball prosectus, have it on my google reader... it's good stuff.

I used to buy the Blue Ribbon Yearbook for a few years there, but I sorta gave up on it since ESPN insider puts a lot of the stuff on their site now from it,and it was kinda expensive (like 30 bucks or something)...

But yeah - i trust those two publications for ball, and Phil Steele for football only.

Back
Top Bottom