The College Basketball Post

So you thought JJ had a better year then Luke?

It's clear why he won it. Berry should've got it honestly if it was anybody off that team.

Last edited:
So you thought JJ had a better year then Luke?

It's clear why he won it. Berry should've got it honestly if it was anybody off that team.
No I don't think he did, but a Duke fan saying politics as usual is amusing.

Last edited:
He got most points for all acc first team but came in 4th in player of the year...and i agree...berry should have won it over jj if anything

He got most points for all acc first team but came in 4th in player of the year...and i agree...berry should have won it over jj if anything

Actually was wondering about that... Kennard was the only unanimous All-ACC first team member but he flopped on the POY vote....

Hi brethrens

Foreigner not from US here. Can someone give me quick cliffs on how teams are seeded/ranked come March Madness?

I've heard or read somewhere the media decides which seems completely bizzare to me. 

Also, when people refer to filling out their brackets, is this for fun or money? 

Hi brethrens

Foreigner not from US here. Can someone give me quick cliffs on how teams are seeded/ranked come March Madness?

I've heard or read somewhere the media decides which seems completely bizzare to me. 

Also, when people refer to filling out their brackets, is this for fun or money? 

Nothing to do with media.

Everyone gambles on it:

Mizzou is getting rid of head coach Kim Anderson.
SHOCKING!

Kidding. Terrible hire since day one. Sampson, Crean, Keatts should all be high on the list for Mizzou.

Frank Mason Big 12 POTY, Josh Jackson Big 12 FOTY, Bill Self Big 12 COTY.

Oh, and Frank Mason should be the National POTY...don't even think it's a discussion anymore. Don't @ me.

I believe his performance in Stillwater all but wrapped that up for him.

Conference tourney begins this week. Still need to head to KC for the Big 12 tourney.

All-American teams are trickling in...

Sporting News 2017 All-America Teams

First Team
Lonzo Ball, UCLA
Josh Hart, Villanova
Justin Jackson, North Carolina
Frank Mason III, Kansas
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue

Second Team
Dillon Brooks, Oregon
Josh Jackson, Kansas
Luke Kennard, Duke
Malik Monk, Kentucky
Nigel Williams-Goss, Gonzaga

am I missing something about Justin Jackson? he hasn't been that memorable to me..hes having a good season but id take Dillon brooks, Kennard, and josh Jackson on the first team...its probably a reward for being top team in acc

am I missing something about Justin Jackson? he hasn't been that memorable to me..hes having a good season but id take Dillon brooks, Kennard, and josh Jackson on the first team...its probably a reward for being top team in acc

I like Justin Jackson even less than you

Oh, and Frank Mason should be the National POTY...don't even think it's a discussion anymore. Don't @ me.
laugh.gif

Don't think anyone will dispute this. It's pretty clear he's the front-runner. Hell of a season for the kid.
Lol, I know. Just felt like saying that because that's what the cool kids are doing.
I believe his performance in Stillwater all but wrapped that up for him.

Conference tourney begins this week. Still need to head to KC for the Big 12 tourney.
It's a good time. Thinking about heading over there on Friday. I also think KU losing on Friday is not the worst thing that could happen to them.

I like Justin Jackson even less than you

it just makes no sense to me at all...like if he was on second team Id be ok with it..but those other 3 guys I mentioned actually had impactful and memorable games....just strange how the voting goes I guess

It was a 7-8 game stretch during ACC play when Jackson was consistently leading the team in scoring with 20+ PPG.

Doing this on an experienced squad with 4 players averaging double digits along with being on the top ACC team probably has a lot to do with the accolades.

Kennard shoulda been ACC POY.

Better PER, TS%, and BPM than Jackson.

He's the more effecient scorer, got to the line better and has a significantly bigger offensive impact than Jackson.

Jackson isn't even the best player on his team, that's Berry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom