The College Basketball Post

Texas should be five years away from being five years away from firing Shaka Smart.

^ I like that. Tennessee and Duke would be two of the stronger No. 2 seeds in recent memory. MSU also strong as a No. 2 but one flight down from those two in my opinion.

UT and Shaka was one win away from being a tournament team in 3 of his first 4 seasons.

Oh, and he has a possible lottery pick in Jaxson Hayes, and lost senior Kerwin Roach midseason to a suspension...

Let’s borrow a stat from baseball.

Wins Above Replacement, or WAR.

Shaka Smart > “Name that pops up after the dance”

If the program was ready to move on, it’s hard to think of someone realistic that would take UT to greater heights as a recruiter/coach than Shaka can as a coach. But put forth some potential names in the interest of this discussion.

Last edited:
Who are they replacing him with?
Chris Beard’s the easy answer. UT alum and he’s already in Texas with a more talented roster at a lesser program/destination.

Borrowing WAR isn’t really effective with Shaka has literally been .500 over four years. They fired Rick Barnes for being better than this.

@jumpman91023 big game tonight

G should be an at large bid regardless if we win or lose. they're that damn good. 28-5 with 2 Quad 1 wins. All 5 loses were at the hands of other quad 1 teams.

There are only 10 teams in the country that have only lost Q1 games. UNCG and wofford are apart of those 10.

It’s funny, but if LSU wins the SEC tournament they’re gonna get quite the consideration for a 1.

I don’t see it happening now with everything that is going on but something to keep an eye on

Not sure how MSU isn't getting more respect as a potential 1-seed.

25-6 record, KenPom Top4 pretty much all season (and one of only a few teams that is Top-10 in both AdjO and AdjD), most Quad 1 wins in college ball, 12th hardest SOS, all while down 2 starters (with one coming back this week). Just won a B1G regular season title by sweeping #7 Michigan. Potential NPOY in Cassius Winston.

Last edited:

Attachments

• B52C2907-05E5-4490-A867-4F84448371B5.jpeg
    B52C2907-05E5-4490-A867-4F84448371B5.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 5
Kind of how I see it as of now. Though if ASU and UW play in the pac 12 final I could see them potentially giving UW an at large if ASU wins or potentially going to one of the play in games.
Yeah I think they're in with a pac-12 chip L but by the way they're playing I'm just hoping they don't get 1 and Done'd at this point

Back
Top Bottom