The College Basketball Post

The Grant Williams/Admiral Schofield Tennessee team did get me... had them in the Final Four. A down year for overall favorites, like there's not a definite juggernaut, maybe helps Painter/Barnes break their reputations though, if it were to happen in any year.

It’s funny because the year you picked a Rick barnes Tennessee team to get to the final four, Matt painter’s Purdue team beat them in the sweet 16 lol

Hell, you can even add Jim Boeheim to the list as well. Midpack coach, if he didn’t land Melo he’d be ringless and coaching an average P5 school.

Most disappointing coaches that have won less with more than anyone else:

1. Rick Barnes
2. Leonard Hamilton
3. Jim Boeheim

ray-liotta-lmao.gif

ray-liotta-lmao.gif

ray-liotta-lmao.gif

As a fan of a B10 team (Ohio state) I’m not falling for it. Every year we get told how the conference is so tough and blah blah blah, get 8-9 teams in, and then 5-6 of them are gone after the first round

The Big Ten can be the toughest conference top to bottom and not fair well in the tournament.

Conference play is one thing. The tournament can be pretty random.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 12.12.34 AM.png

On my book, you can bet on Oklahoma, SMU, and Washington to make the Final Four...

The Big Ten can be the toughest conference top to bottom and not fair well in the tournament.

Conference play is one thing. The tournament can be pretty random.
Is it random when the Big10 gets whacked every year almost across the board?

Conference ain’t all that when multiple favorites lose to the likes of Oral Roberts, Loyola Chicago, Middle Tennessee State etc and haven’t won a chip in 22 years

Conference ain’t all that when multiple favorites lose to the likes of Oral Roberts, Loyola Chicago, Middle Tennessee State etc and haven’t won a chip in 22 years

This. People cry matchups every year but the best should beat whoever is in front of them. I’ve fallen into the B10 hype trap for so many years. When we had Wisconsin and Michigan State both in the final 4 and still didn’t win a title I gave up

Is it random when the Big10 gets whacked every year almost across the board?

Yes.

Every conference suffers upsets, come on.

By my count, In that 22 years 6 big ten teams have appeared in the championship game a combined 7 times.

3 Big 12 schools 5 times.

2 SEC schools 4 times.

3 ACC schools teams not named Duke or North Carolina 3 times.

Pretty good numbers for the Big Ten short of winning the whole thing.

Last edited:
Deep dive...An article on The Athletic today said 1996-97 Kansas is the best team that did not make the Final Four. Thoughts?

Deep dive...An article on The Athletic today said 1996-97 Kansas is the best team that did not make the Final Four. Thoughts?

Cried my eyes out that night when Bibby, Simon and Dickerson gave JV and Haase the bidness.

Back
Top Bottom