The College Basketball Post

I wonder if he’s bringing any transfers with him. Going from BYU to Kentucky is gonna be a real culture shock lmao

Y’all thought I was playing when I mentioned Buzz and co. But hiring mark Pope is 100% in the same ilk as all them :lol:

At the end of the day, these guys have a limited amount of time to be able to showcase their games to get to the next level. If it’s not that, it’s about trying to maximize your earnings because this very well could be 4-5 years of you making the most money you’ll ever see in your lifetime. I know you’re trying to take a jab at him but I get it, no different than Trimble’s reasons for leaving

I assume it’s NIL related. Unlike Trimble he would’ve had a much larger role if he stayed

Nothing wrong with that. Mostly a jab at all the hand wringing over his departure​

That's a wild jump from coaching BYU to heading into the Lexington pressure cooker following up a title winning coach and legend like Cal...

Might be a bit out of his depth but we'll see, maybe he surprises everyone :lol:

Kentucky fans should’ve known someone close to the program was gonna most likely get the job. Duke and UNC did the same thing when coaches with better resumes than Cal chose to bow out and retire.

It’ll be a case by case basis, but something tells me blue bloods/premier programs can’t expect other P5 coaches to lineup at their door waiting for an opportunity during the NIL era with so much roster volatility. 90% of coaches don’t even know who their starting 5 is going to be come November

If Barnhart didn't want to anybody with a past then that definitely narrowed the list of candidates. No Pitino, Miller, Pearl, Beard. :lol:

I thought I had posted at some point during the season that I hoped he transferred to a blue blood but I can’t find the post. Good for him.

Looking back through the original dude’s Twitter, it’s almost comical how much incorrect stuff he has posted as fact just from this month so far. He fired Jerome Tang from K State and had him as the signed coach at Arkansas within 24 hours.

Wade did post a few pics/vids to his IG story about getting his Aggie Ring today, so would have been weird timing to announce as he was picking up one of the biggest milestones for Aggies.

Still think Wade needs to go bounce to a Kansas or something and shine on the big stage for his final year, but I would obviously love to have him back.

Back
Top Bottom