The College Basketball Post

I have to say I think Duke is pretty good this year. Singler is good, Henderson is nice, demarcus they have nolan smith off the bench, paulus... ok not paulusbut Maryland is always a gritty team and that matchup is always heated.

^ Duke's going all the way this year!

and when's DeMarcus Nelson gonna break out some Space Jams because they're
pimp.gif
with their away unis!

Maryland has a chance....

But, as long as we play the disciplined b-ball that we have been playing all year....Then we'll be alright.... I just wanna see someone dunk onVasquez.....I don't like him and his antics....Yes I'm mad and yes I'm salty...

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Do any of yall think MAryland can beat Duke this weekend. For some reason I have a feeling they will.

of course they stand a chance..they're usually left out of the ncaa tournament nowadays
laugh.gif
...so playing duke is like there championship...this program lives to playduke...but at the same time will lose to american and ohio at home
smh.gif
roll.gif

Turgeon feels good about Aggies
posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 | Print Entry

Quick hitters for Friday:

• Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon actually walked out of the building for the first time in three games -- even though all were losses -- feeling better abouthis team.

The Aggies did lose 116-110 to Baylor in five overtimes on Wednesday, but Turgeon said they found ways to score after failing to get over 60 points in roadlosses at Texas Tech and Kansas State. He said he tweaked the offense by spreading the floor more and encouraging his guards to dribble-drive more often.Turgeon didn't seem too down Thursday, despite the three-game skid. Baylor coach Scott Drew was ecstatic about the game. And Turgeon was too, saying thatit was an unbelievable game -- one of the best he has seen or been a part of his in his career. He said players on both teams just continued to make plays.

• Drew said there were a "couple of hundred fans" waiting for the Bears to return to campus at 2 a.m. early Thursday morning after the five-overtimewin. "They were out there with their stereos booming and having a good old time.''

Drew said there were plenty of fans lining up for tickets for Saturday's game against Oklahoma during lunch time on Friday.

• Connecticut assistant coach George Blaney loved the way the Huskies showed their toughness in the final minutes to win at Cincinnati Wednesday night. He saidthe near-miss at Georgetown told the team that they could play at a high level, the Marquette win last Sunday at home proved it, and the Cincinnati win cappedit off and showed how much they could play with emotion. He said the euphoria in the locker room was genuine with the players and staff after the game. He alsowas impressed with just how physical Cincinnati plays.

• Tell me if there has been a better homecoming performance from a player who spurned his hometown team than Kevin Love had Thursday night. The UCLA freshmancenter scored 26 points and grabbed 18 rebounds in the win at Oregon.

For the second time this week, an upstart in a high-profile conference was gunning for a major home win only to be rubbed out by a potential No. 1 seed comingoff a loss. UCLA did it to Oregon and a night earlier North Carolina did the same to Miami.

• One player who doesn't get nearly enough ink or space on the web is Washington's Jon Brockman. He scored 21 points and had 16 boards in an impressiveroad winat Arizona State Thursday night. The Huskies are 3-3 in the Pac-10 and still in play for a top five finish.

• Sorry, but no conference, no conference has it as tough as the Pac-10. Very few teams in another high-level conference go on two-game Thursday-Saturdayswings (BC is heading to North Carolina and Clemson next weekend in the ACC). But it happens every weekend with the Pac-10. Washington State loses at Arizonaso it has 24 hours to get ready for ASU. The worst one for travel is going to Seattle for Washington on a Thursday and then head to Pullman on Friday for aSaturday game against the Cougars. No other league has teams on the road for three-plus days in a row -- every other weekend.

• Virginia Tech's Deron Washington has to watch being too chippy in games. It was obvious during the loss to Duke Thursday night.

• Providence missed a golden opportunity to get on a run by losing at home to Seton Hall. The Pirates are 3-3 in the Big East and suddenly on a roll afterbeating Louisville at home in the previous game. PC won handily at Connecticut by 12 and then fell by 13 to the Pirates on Thursday. The Friars are 3-3 in theBig East with games coming up at Syracuse and Notre Dame before hosting West Virginia. So you can see how critical the Seton Hall game was for some continuedmomentum.

• So much for New Mexico State being the favorite in the WAC. Nevada reasserted itself in the league by taking out the Aggies 87-78 in Las Cruces Thursday.NMSU coach Marvin Menzies started heralded freshman Herb Pope for the first time since he became eligible, and he scored 12 points and grabbed eight boards.

• There is definite hope for teams like Kentucky to get an NCAA bid. Selection committee chair Tom O'Connor, the athletic director at George Mason, saidthat how a team is playing at the end will play a factor. That bodes well for a team like Kentucky -- if the Wildcats continue to win big SEC games. If acommittee member asks another if they think Kentucky is one of the best remaining teams in March, and the Wildcats end up in the thick of the SEC race, thenthey'll likely answer yes and be in the field. That would discount the poor nonconference schedule that was rocked with injuries and bad losses at home(see how Gardner-Webb and San Diego have now struggled). Teams like Mississippi State and Cincinnati, doing well in the SEC and Big East, respectively, wouldalso fare well in this type of conversation -- if they continue to win.

Yeah Deron looked pretty bad last night...he's a quiet and reserve dude in High School...never seen him lose his cool like that. (well...the kickingincident too)

Word just out that Jerome Dyson and Doug Wiggins are suspended for Uconn for the Indiana game tomorrow, losing our pure scorer and perimeter defender doesnthelp our slim chances, Im gonna say indiana's pretty much got it locked

Nah nobody knows what it is for, handed down by calhoun, not by the school. and the laptop deal is mad corny, price says it just gets him playin harder thesedays

I'm happy to see AJ doing well this year...the laptop 's were a mistake, but nobody should of had to go through the brain trouble

yea amazing that he came back to play the way he is now, he pretty much deserves it, really distinguished himself as the leader of our squad

Back
Top Bottom