The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by petey yup

Jack (Boston): How do you like Jim Calhouns schedule now? Doesn't seem so light as you always say it is.

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (2:30 PM ET ) I think this week's seed answers should answer thye question, Jack. How did you like the Super Bowl?
roll.gif
roll.gif
My dude Lunardi is hilarious

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
got 'em.

By the way - the statement about Memphis having 3 losses already if they played in the pac-10 is just ridiculous.. i couldn't let that one slide, somebody needs slapped in the face for saying that.

Would they still be undefeated? I don't know.. that's definitely arguable.. but 3 losses ALREADY in conference play? That's maybe the dumbest statement in this entire thread so far... take it back.

Fall back, becasue if anybody is getting smacked it isn't going to be me. You obviously are not paying attention to the PAC-10 are you. Memphismight be for real, but they have not convinced me.

Originally Posted by OnDaReal

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by petey yup

Jack (Boston): How do you like Jim Calhouns schedule now? Doesn't seem so light as you always say it is.

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (2:30 PM ET ) I think this week's seed answers should answer thye question, Jack. How did you like the Super Bowl?
roll.gif
roll.gif
My dude Lunardi is hilarious

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
got 'em.

By the way - the statement about Memphis having 3 losses already if they played in the pac-10 is just ridiculous.. i couldn't let that one slide, somebody needs slapped in the face for saying that.

Would they still be undefeated? I don't know.. that's definitely arguable.. but 3 losses ALREADY in conference play? That's maybe the dumbest statement in this entire thread so far... take it back.
Fall back, becasue if anybody is getting smacked it isn't going to be me. You obviously are not paying attention to the PAC-10 are you. Memphis might be for real, but they have not convinced me.

My man - i follow college basketball as/more closely than anybody you've ever met... i know how good the pac-10 is... the problem is, you don'tknow how good Memphis is... what exactly are they bad at? Say what you want about their in conference schedule, they've played the 27th toughest schedulein the country this season and are still undefeated. Do you know how many Pac-10 teams have tougher schedules thus far? 2... zona, who memphis beat.. andUCLA.

Anymore questions?

Anymore questions?
I'm sure he does, but I guarantee they're idiotic questions.
Memphis might be for real, but they have not convinced me.
Hence why you're not working for ESPN as a basketball analyst.
This isn't St Joe's of 04 (who were very good in their own right, but not like this)
I used to grit my teeth everytime I came into the sports and training section back in 04 cause St. Joe's had THE WORST bandwagon fans ever.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

The Davidson game and Winthrop will be great.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Davidson would probably be a little disappointed in this since there is little to gain. I'm sure it'll be agreat matchup for ESPN and viewers, but won't do much for Davidson's RPI with Winthrop currently at 110. I know Winthrop has played well in the last10 games or so and the schools are pretty close in distance, but with Davidson on the road and the potential to move up in the RPI with a win, they should be alittle disappointed. Was hoping to see a Kent St. or a similar team than Winthrop. Davidson should be able to secure the auto-bid to the tourney, but a winover a team with a better RPI may help in their seeding.
Any thoughts on this... allen? Craftsy?

I haven't been overly impressed with Marquette this year, but admittedly I've only seen a 2 or 3 games...

Am I just missing something?

Am I just missing something?
Nope...they're not that good, really no big men.....streaky guards (James especially)

and yeah I agree Mike....Davidson should win and really shouldn't do much

Dominic's field goal % about to dip under 40 after tonight

laugh.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif

%#*% is good with Nova, St Joes gettin at them early....Wright has got to be havin some regrets about givin Scottie so much freedom last season and carrying itover this year

"my man" HAHA that's hilarious coming from you
laugh.gif
why can't i say that? I pull a lot of lines offthat you wouldn't expect me to, if you were to see me in person... i look a lot more like an herb than I actually am... i hope.

Any thoughts on this... allen? Craftsy?
I agree with you - it's a lose/lose for Davidson.. edit(just realized it's an away game) -- Well, then there's that aspect of it.. anaway win is always a good thing, if they can pick it up, but it doesn't help them a ton except from the standpoint that winthrop has a good winningpercentage (though their opponents don't, so it almost negates it..)... Still, they can get a bonus for an away win... AND I think the one thing though,that we aren't considering, is that the selection committee has shown in the past few years (since BB's was "invented") they are willing toput stock into this weekend of basketball and really focus on the mid and low major squads out there.

So even though it may not help them numerically, they could really make a personal impression on guys watching the game who will be in the room on selectionsunday.

I'm actually pretty worried for Davidson - I don't think they did enough out of conference to warrant an automatic bid should they slip up in theirconference tournament. I'd hate to see them get left out, but close losses to good teams doesn't cut it - they just needed to win ONE of those marqueegames early in the season and could never quite get their hands wrapped around one. What kind of impression does that leave for them when you considerthey're likely to matchup with a team like the ones they couldn't handle all OOC season long?

St. Joes

My dude Tasheed Carr
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Transfer from ISU...

I used to chop it up w/ dude on occasion when he went to Mt. Zion....Him, My Dude Albert Weber, and my cousin Santonio....

Marquette is mediocre, but they can play really well sometimes.

Louisville is starting to play better consistently.

eek.gif

Nova getting it put on them. That win doesn't look so good
tired.gif

But we beat ST.Joes too
pimp.gif

I agree with you - it's a lose/lose for Davidson.. edit(just realized it's an away game) -- Well, then there's that aspect of it.. an away win is always a good thing, if they can pick it up, but it doesn't help them a ton except from the standpoint that winthrop has a good winning percentage (though their opponents don't, so it almost negates it..)... Still, they can get a bonus for an away win... AND I think the one thing though, that we aren't considering, is that the selection committee has shown in the past few years (since BB's was "invented") they are willing to put stock into this weekend of basketball and really focus on the mid and low major squads out there.

So even though it may not help them numerically, they could really make a personal impression on guys watching the game who will be in the room on selection sunday.

I'm actually pretty worried for Davidson - I don't think they did enough out of conference to warrant an automatic bid should they slip up in their conference tournament. I'd hate to see them get left out, but close losses to good teams doesn't cut it - they just needed to win ONE of those marquee games early in the season and could never quite get their hands wrapped around one. What kind of impression does that leave for them when you consider they're likely to matchup with a team like the ones they couldn't handle all OOC season long?

Definitely agree with you on Davidson if they don't secure the auto bid. Don't think the schedule Davidson plays in-conference warrants 2 bidscoming from the Southern Conference. Plus no "signature" wins against the top 50, which will probably hurt their case if they don't get theauto-bid.
I see where you comin from with the "impression" that Davidson can make on the committee with the away win especially since it'll be onone of the ESPN networks. Even though they're not supposed to consider past performance, I'm sure that beating a team like Winthrop who has playedsome decent games in the tourney in past years can help in the eyes of the committee.

I can't remember, have we seen a matchup of two teams in the top 3 in the regular season recently?
nerd.gif

henz, dre and Cake being Duke fans...Strange to me.

Back
Top Bottom