The Combat Jack Show Thread

Sounds like yall agreeing with the NY bias without actually agreeing the NY bias.

#Cognitivedissonance

Too bad that lyricism doesn't leave the 5 boroughs anymore.
I've brought up the NY bias thing in the past, but that's just a small issue. NY is home **** like the Apollo. Kids got boo'd too. Y'all keep your best rappers underground and hidden. The South constantly pushes average to slightly above rappers as their best, and wonder their greats don't get mentioned w/ the best. LA, Chicago, and Philly to a lesser doesn't have that problem.

And for whatever reason y'all got this thing against Hov despite him arguably being your biggest co-sign.

NY bias these days = not ****ting on everything out of NYC that isn't already universally accepted :lol: . Much like a lot of real life issues in this country, people don't really care about the treatment others get they just want to be the one administering it.

People are upset that NYC doesn't have sole dominance & hasn't for some time, yet we still take big pride in are artist & movements.

I've brought up the NY bias thing in the past, but that's just a small issue. NY is home **** like the Apollo. Kids got boo'd too. Y'all keep your best rappers underground and hidden. The South constantly pushes average to slightly above rappers as their best, and wonder their greats don't get mentioned w/ the best. LA, Chicago, and Philly to a lesser doesn't have that problem.

And for whatever reason y'all got this thing against Hov despite him arguably being your biggest co-sign.

This is a lie. And another example of the subtle bias and built in ****. Shoot, see e-40 and a whole lot of others.

l think y’all think the word “bias” is like a negative thing :lol:.

And lyricism is for sure subjective. Depending on where your from. And what is understood. I remember when still tippin drop. I thought the beat was hard, but they weren’t spitting for real. Til I came to understand their lingo down in Texas, and what certain **** means.

The East Coast/NYC has a standard and identity of lyricism. Throughout periods in rap history, other regions have had their stars and favorites that have ascended, and their music has been downplayed by nyc media/artist at times. Because it was simply different. Over time, respect is built. But that **** is still there. Idk why y’all gotta deny it.

Im literally listening to 2pac saying this ****, word for word.

I think with NYC being the home/birthplace of rap…there for sure is a standard and need for acceptance from that part. That’s simply the reality. The infrastructure and CRITICAL infrastructure has been there as well. So that builds in a bias in and of itself. It’s ok to acknowledge that. But what happens is often other regions feel their music & contributions is downplayed in NYC historically. And now, they have the platforms to voice that.

That’s what y’all are seeing. It’s a real convo.

and people brought up this bias again with JD, when I don't even see JD getting love in Atlanta and the south like that

Thats another lie like **** :lol:.

I could see if you said Ludacris (although Luda Day weekend is long running, and he still gets his love). But JD is and has always been that *****.

He just ain’t been able to sign street rappers in the 2010s. And that was never really his market/want to. But Jd is heavily respected down there. That’s wild to say.

This is a lie. And another example of the subtle bias and built in ****. Shoot, see e-40 and a whole lot of others.

And lyricism is for sure subjective. Depending on where your from. And what is understood. I remember when still tippin drop. I thought the beat was hard, but they weren’t spitting for real. Til I came to understand their lingo down in Texas, and what certain **** means.

The East Coast/NYC has a standard and identity of lyricism. Throughout periods in rap history, other regions have had their stars and favorites that have ascended, and their music has been downplayed by nyc media/artist at times. Because it was simply different. Over time, respect is built. But that **** is still there. Idk why y’all gotta deny it.

I think with NYC being the home/birthplace of rap…there for sure is a standard and need for acceptance from that part. That’s simply the reality. The infrastructure and CRITICAL infrastructure has been there as well. So that builds in a bias in and of itself. It’s ok to acknowledge that. But what happens is often other regions feel their music & contributions is downplayed in NYC historically. And now, they have the platforms to voice that.

You're talking about **** 25 years ago

Baby’s explanation for kissing Wayne was even creepier. He’s a pedophile. There was rumors of him liking boys over 20 years ago. I can’t listen to Baby in an interview, fool just a pathological liar.

Man cool to hear Birdman every now and then, but whole interview is basically this
b33fcf48-64c0-4bfe-ba41-95e4eb696f18-gif.2864495

and a lot of self congratulatory masturbation
Him and Ross rarely break character so you never getting much outta interviews from them :lol:

At some point verzus/thriller should transition into putting together shows/concerts. That would help bypass the ego/arrogance and overestimating catalog (Fat Joe) part of versuz and they could bring people who already did it back. Some people could redeem themselves

Lil Wayne/cashmoney - Lil WeezyAna Fest type show/ Ida benefit concert
TIP/Grand Hustle
JD/So So Def
Puff/bad boy
Ross/MMG

Doesn't have to be arena/stadiums. Imagine a Jay Z b-sides type show in 2021

Failing to meet a standard isn't bias. When ppl think about Hip Hop they think about NY and Cali. Why? Because the best rappers tend to come NY or Cali. New York invited someone to hold the other side of the bar and Cali took it. Hip Hop is an amalgamation of Disco, Funk, Soul, & Jazz those were the poppin genres in Black homes.

NY & Cali artist cemented Hip Hop when they told the world w/ their humbleness and lack of humility sorta in the a comedian gets you laugh at joke you may not agree w/. It's clever, familiar, concise, thoughtful. The jokes people remember and pass from comedies are really just funny stories. I can picture the set up to Richard Pryor lighting himself on fire in my head w/o having ever actually seeing that. NY & Cali rap tell stories way in similar which results in us being more interesting.

And then The South be doing corny **** like saying **** like "I'm not a rapper, I'm a rockstar." or the fact that y'all representatives really don't be standing for ****:

I get it though. Black people in the south would get killed for reading, so they never really ****ed w/ books like that to evolve from a suppressive mindsets. This can also stem from reading the wrongs. There's a lot hoteps in places like Baltimore and Philly b/c the 1st books a lot of these dudes read where in prison. Prison is controlled environment. You think they're gonna give prisoners something that'll improve their life to read? Hell nah, prison is an institution meant to set you straight by institutionalizing you.

Basically The South isn't really that identifiable on a large scale which results in you being forgettable, and that is why y'all produce so much talent. Basically y'all like fast fashion. Y'all dumbed this **** completely, made it look an easy lick, so now any and everyone can get in; which has its pros and cons.

I get it though. Black people in the south would get killed for reading, so they never really ****ed w/ books like that to evolve from a suppressive mindsets. This can also stem from reading the wrongs. There's a lot hoteps in places like Baltimore and Philly b/c the 1st books a lot of these dudes read where in prison. Prison is controlled environment. You think they're gonna give prisoners something that'll improve their life to read? Hell nah, prison is an institution meant to set you straight by institutionalizing you.

Basically The South isn't really that identifiable on a large scale which results in you being forgettable, and that is why y'all produce so much talent. Basically y'all like fast fashion. Y'all dumbed this **** completely, made it look an easy lick, so now any and everyone can get in; which has its pros and cons.

What in the entire **** are you talkin bout????

Failing to meet a standard isn't bias. When ppl think about Hip Hop they think about NY and Cali. Why? Because the best rappers tend to come NY or Cali. New York invited someone to hold the other side of the bar and Cali took it. Hip Hop is an amalgamation of Disco, Funk, Soul, & Jazz those were the poppin genres in Black homes.

NY & Cali artist cemented Hip Hop when they told the world w/ their humbleness and lack of humility sorta in the a comedian gets you laugh at joke you may not agree w/. It's clever, familiar, concise, thoughtful. The jokes people remember and pass from comedies are really just funny stories. I can picture the set up to Richard Pryor lighting himself on fire in my head w/o having ever actually seeing that. NY & Cali rap tell stories way in similar which results in us being more interesting.

And then The South be doing corny **** like saying **** like "I'm not a rapper, I'm a rockstar." or the fact that y'all representatives really don't be standing for ****:

I don't know what this post was suppose to mean in response to that quote but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is like ****** woke up and decided to mock a whole region and culture's music :lol:

Swizz verse :rofl:

This beat so obnoxious.

The use of auto tune for Akon :rofl: :smh: This the song that killed auto tune not DOA. SEENNNEEGAAAL

Random T.I. cameo.

The constant pointing to left and right. What were dudes thinking?

The "King of the South" says this type of **** and wonder why you wonder. Confusing? Because doesn't make sense. Why would he even say this again:

Doe B

Biggie

Then he bragged about Hov sneak calling him "stupid".
smh.gif

This ***** really said “they never really ***** with books like that” . He really said that ****.
1632356260286.png
Gucci is thinks he's the best rapper for everything but for rapping. The South don't respecting the art form and devaluing it.
Bragging about freestyling trash verses that's only good they're vibey. Not applying that last sentence to Wop. Man is a Goat.

Back
Top Bottom