The Combat Jack Show Thread

AK basically just admitted that if you be nice to me and butter me up I'll say nice things about you :lol:

Integrity in all facets of "journalism" has been dead for a lil minute now

I think he just wants to party with Meek

B33FCF48-64C0-4BFE-BA41-95E4EB696F18.gif

AYOOO

During that time people have dissed everything from dance/snap music to mumble rap.

It's ingrained and will never go away it's just not overt as it was before. A lot of the time it's not even a conscious thing.
Hey man yall had the game on lock. Just cuz some of us think it was done with mostly trash music shouldn't phase you at all.

When NYC was running **** we didn't flinch at ppl saying are best rappers were always on some lyrical miracle **** or when ppl dissed the whole shiny suit period. We just kept making and bumping the music.

It's crazy to me how the West Coast never acts this way even after all the friction they've had with east coast. Not to mention the periods they've gone not being on top.

Last edited:
It's seems like the insecurities are so deep that everything has to be defended.

At the end of the day trash is trash but it becomes a issue when someone from New York says it

Who's more likely to actually be insecure? The group of people known for hospitality and showing love or the group of people known for thinking thinking they do everything better and being crabs in a barrel? Just because you listen to southern music and accepted the fact that the South has things on lock doesn't mean you can't hold some sort of bias.

I listen to DaBaby sounds like the music version of I have black friends. Also reminds me of when people like Nore talk about how long they be messing with Down South

It seems like y'all purposely being obtuse or just misunderstanding. No one is saying yall hate the South or southern music. But the opinions yall hold lean heavily in one direction and that's fine but acting like they don't is wild.

There's a reason why that dead NY Rap thread exists when the Hip hop Chat was already there

Hey man yall had the game on lock. Just cuz some of us think it was done with mostly trash music shouldn't phase you at all.

Trash music that yall tried to recreate and mostly fail with? Just like when NY copied drill music. #FAIL.

I think the issue is that Ak obviously has a relationship with Karen past or present. And I never believe the, everyone else is crooked and nasty besides me. I'm honest. I'm telling the truth.

Part of that **** obviously was planted to him by Karen.

And Karen might not have paid him directly and its also favor based.

Look at how he's covered people he does like. Dudes just as problematic as the artist.

If I go in the mall and eight times I buy something and two times I steal. What am I? She's just a fixer :lol:

AK basically just admitted that if you be nice to me and butter me up I'll say nice things about you :lol:

I don’t think Ak is talking about integrity. Or even claiming it. He’s commenting on the situation. And giving his inside perspective as now an “insider”.

That **** hates Meek. And doesn’t f with Nicki. He pretty much called Karen Civil out for what she is too. ***** just laid the game bare for all his f-ery.

What he did, was look for another way to attack Meek :lol:. That’s the real substance of what he was trying to get off.

Idk if y’all listening, but he says directly how **** is I scratch your back/you scratch mine. And favors/relationships etc. and how he engages in it.

Nothing he said was to put anybody in any positive light IMO. He just took this as another opp to **** on Meek :lol:.

Who's more likely to actually be insecure? The group of people known for hospitality and showing love or the group of people known for thinking thinking they do everything better and being crabs in a barrel? Just because you listen to southern music and accepted the fact that the South has things on lock doesn't mean you can't hold some sort of bias.

I listen to DaBaby sounds like the music version of I have black friends. Also reminds me of when people like Nore talk about how long they be messing with Down South

It seems like y'all purposely being obtuse or just misunderstanding. No one is saying yall hate the South or southern music. But the opinions yall hold lean heavily in one direction and that's fine but acting like they don't is wild.

There's a reason why that dead NY Rap thread exists when the Hip hop Chat was already there

It’s real subtle, but you see it :lol:. The Rick Ross convo in the rap thread a lil while ago, showed some of it. And no, not the Biggie convo. But the overall “legend status” etc.

And Birdman, is talking about that EXACTLY right now on Big Facts :lol:

Krayzie Bone and NORE were drunk as **** the last 30 mins of this drink champs. Boys had the same exact conversation about the Illuminati twice. Drunk NORE singing Thuggish Ruggish Bone was hilarious.

Pretty much heard most of their story in other interviews but it was still a cool listen, that Mariah story was jokes :lol:

When NYC was running **** we didn't flinch at ppl saying are best rappers were always on some lyrical miracle **** or when ppl dissed the whole shiny suit period. We just kept making and bumping the music.

It's crazy to me how the West Coast never acts this way even after all the friction they've had with east coast. Not to mention the periods they've gone not being on top.

Pac called NYC out for this in 1996. Specifically Flex and them, and how they were clowning West Coast rap as not real hip hop.

Pac called NYC out for this in 1996. Specifically Flex and them, and how they were clowning West Coast rap as not real hip hop.
I consider all of that a part of the beef.

The issue with that era is both the West and East were making great rap that was also popular.

And if we're being honest Pac wasn't lying :lol: Hot97 was not playing west coast rap like that.

It wasn't little brother syndrome with Pac or Snoop unlike some southern artists now that want to talk about a NY bias.

How does one person saying something become New York bias.

50 dismissed TI so it's New York bias :lol:

Well Busta challenged TI, and TI declined, so what is that? I'll wait for an answer...

you know I’m not basing off just this one thing . There’s a lot of NY bias , this is just an example …. I’m not from the East or south so I don’t have a dog in this fight lol

I think one issue this is first generation blogging. It's still relatively new.

In sports it's a little different, because they still aren't respected like actual newspapers and have the same access. Even though some have been absorbed and become mainstream like what Bill Simmons and Bleacher Report have done.

Artist and labels didn't know how to adjust and react to blog sites, bloggers and your shade rooms and are still learning.

And I think Meek thinks they're their to say good things about you and looks at them as nerds on the internet. And Ak wants to be respected and coddled.

you know I’m not basing off just this one thing . There’s a lot of NY bias , this is just an example …. I’m not from the East or south so I don’t have a dog in this fight lol

How is it New York bias, when the south has had the past 15 years?

Jesus Christ LET IT GO :lol: :lol:

Yes some people from NYC prefer music that resonates with them & their specific culture.

To some respect ain't gonna be "given" until NY'ers denounce the Jays, Bigs, Nas etc etc in favor of southern rappers. It's like people want our city to deny the impact to make everyone else feel comfortable

**** that

Last edited:
I don’t think Ak is talking about integrity. Or even claiming it. He’s commenting on the situation. And giving his inside perspective as now an “insider”.

That **** hates Meek. And doesn’t f with Nicki. He pretty much called Karen Civil out for what she is too. ***** just laid the game bare for all his f-ery.

What he did, was look for another way to attack Meek :lol:. That’s the real substance of what he was trying to get off.

Idk if y’all listening, but he says directly how **** is I scratch your back/you scratch mine. And favors/relationships etc. and how he engages in it.

Nothing he said was to put anybody in any positive light IMO. He just took this as another opp to **** on Meek :lol:.

Nah, he turned something in to Karen into an attack on Meek. That's become the headlines and it deflected form Karen.

My thing is that, if he knew about Meek attacking a woman and it being covered up or wrecking Nicki's crib, did he mention that before, because I don't recall. I don't follow Ak, but it seems like something new. So someone gave him that info. Remember Karen dated his mans and they were cool. But she also became cool with Nicki. So it's like she's using her friends and alliances to attack other people.

Meek is a dummy and he should have stayed out of it. He thought he was kicking someone while they were down. Dude is very bad at the internet and doesn't play chess.

How is it New York bias, when the south has had the past 15 years?
Fam ….. I’m literally talking about the NY bias on the joe budden podcast . Not in the world or in the industry .

don’t feed me the same bull**** line word word for word that Joe used to act like they not bias on the podcast 😂😂😂😂

I respect Joe and Charlamange more saying I like her and **** with her, I'm biased.

I don't think she steals from everyone, but she knows who she can dismiss and who she can't and the power they weld.

I thought it was also funny how dude said I was fixing your credit. And these dudes are giving her brown paper bags with $60,000?

Fam ….. I’m literally talking about the NY bias on the joe budden podcast . Not in the world or in the industry .

don’t feed me the same bull**** line word word for word that Joe used to act like they not bias on the podcast 😂😂😂😂

That's Joe, he knows what he knows, how the hell do you apply that to an entire region? He's a 40 year old man. Most young people in New York are knowledgeable about other regions, because that's what's played on radio and in clubs.

How do you think they started doing drill?

Is there down south bias?

That's Joe, he knows what he knows, how the hell do you apply that to an entire region? He's a 40 year old man. Most young people in New York are knowledgeable about other regions, because that's what's played on radio and in clubs.

How do you think they started doing drill?

Is there down south bias?

???
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying because I never said the whole region is bias .

I said The Joe Budden Podcast is Bias . That’s it . They’ve displayed their bias towards the south since day 1 .

when I said “there’s a lot of NY bias” I was speaking on the guys on The pod about NY/South. Not the region . Now I see where the confusion is

again… the members of the joeseph budden podcast are bias , that’s all.

Joe def has a bias, you can tell he never really got into it. He says that though, don't know why people still look to his opinions on southern rap or pay attention. Overall though the "south doesn't get the respect" whining sounds like just that, whining. Cut it out man.

Back
Top Bottom