The Combat Jack Show Thread

I still just find it weird they didn't think they were employees after it became the Joe Budden Podcast(because that's what people called it anyway) on the Joe Budden Network and he was taking all of the meetings alone. It was plain as day.

Mal saying Joe's body language when Charlamagne said the pod got better when he came. Yeah, because Marissa was gone and all she brought was gossip, gushing over Ty $, her sexapades and being afraid to critique anything. It wasn't hard for it to have a better third chair.

I still just find it weird they didn't think they were employees after it became the Joe Budden Podcast(because that's what people called it anyway) on the Joe Budden Network and he was taking all of the meetings alone. It was plain as day.

Mal saying Joe's body language when Charlamagne said the pod got better when he came. Yeah, because Marissa was gone and all she brought was gossip, gushing over Ty $, her sexapades and being afraid to critique anything. It wasn't hard for it to have a better third chair.

i’m inclined to believe on some level mal & rory did know, if maybe just implicitly, that they were being treated like employees because it never seemed that either of them were ever privy to any of the goings on…often it seemed like they were finding out about stuff after the fact on the podcast 😂 that dissonance between perhaps what they thought was a sort partnership between friends & what actually was happening with the business is ultimately what ended it

Last edited:
That's how manipulators work, make you think it's your idea. Kinda disgusting whenever I watch Joe clips and he lightly hints at the situation, in his head he's a super giving saint, employing 100s and saving lives and he gave so much of himself that he shouldn't have trying to save these 2 young men from the streets.

Always said that him changing the name to the Joe Budden Podcast should’ve been the biggest indicator of how he viewed them. That **** was a blaring.

It was interesting hearing Channing and Fred talk about it in comparison, how they signed up for one thing and Brandon wanted another, and he was the owner of the brand. They recognized and realized what it was and how he was moving forward and decided to separate before it went bad bad.

It's like Mal and Rory stood by for 5 years acting like they just had some sort of little pod doing it on the humble. It's crazy how naïve they were, that's why I can't feel sorry for them. Mal is 40 Rory 30. Mal is a dunce, but Rory has some sense. They would still be sitting beside Joe if Rory didn't realize I'm riding in my moms old Mazda that dude is joking me about, while he's looking at Maybach's.

and what I was saying with Ice and Ish addressing serious topics. Ice and Ish dicussing Joe Rogan. I wouldn't want to hear Mal talk about that topic. Not after he absolved Sabrina Claudio.
Rory and Mal discussed it on their podcast and it went as expected. Very surface level.

The employee thing is irrelevant if you have a contract with splits determined and aren't getting what the contract states. Mal/Rory's split compared to Joe's was basically saying as much

Last edited:

When people have these discussions people never look at the other side. They were too quick to defend Da Baby and she was too quick to defend Dani Leigh.

Both sides act like the other party just got crazy when things went bad and there weren't signs beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom