The Combat Jack Show Thread

Not even mad at a black woman calling ctg out on his stance on black women. Madd instances where he presents as someone who goes above and beyond to prop black women up at every given opportunity. But being someone who’s listened to him on platforms for years, I can recount more than a few inconsistencies.

Even if we only hold him to the “changed” and “evolved” version of himself that he presents today, and say forget the old wild ctg, it’s still a few times he’s been on some cringe **** when it comes to black women as of late.

It’s one of the cases where if you’re too loud about a particular topic, you’re bound to catch a certain degree of added scrutiny. And when the light’s held up to you, you’re gonna look crazy if you don’t have a clean slate.

Nah I’ve seen her clips before, I understood the context. I know what the clip was trying to do, especially since her show is coming back for season 2. I know what’s up with shorty :lol:

She just did the breakfast club last week promoting the show also.

Not even mad at a black woman calling ctg out on his stance on black women. Madd instances where he presents as someone who goes above and beyond to prop black women up at every given opportunity. But being someone who’s listened to him on platforms for years, I can recount more than a few inconsistencies.

Even if we only hold him to the “changed” and “evolved” version of himself that he presents today, and say forget the old wild ctg, it’s still a few times he’s been on some cringe **** when it comes to black women as of late.

It’s one of the cases where if you’re too loud about a particular topic, you’re bound to catch a certain degree of added scrutiny. And when the light’s held up to you, you’re gonna look crazy if you don’t have a clean slate.

I agree with most of this, but he can be called out for his statements w/o the message that he hates black women. And that's not even in regards to this particular clip, but just the larger convo in general.

Over the past years it has become a very hammered down statement & point. This idea that black men hate black women is being deliberately pushed more & more. We can hold black men accountable for their words & actions w/o beating into the heads of a whole generation that they aren't loved by their counterparts.

Even if i just focus on Charlamagne in this, It's true that he's said wild things about black women, it's also true that he lent his platform to various women, employeed, partnered, supported etc etc.

That doesn't wipe you of criticism but it should warrant something when the convo becomes "you hate black women"

I'm just exhausted with the notion that a black man criticizing/not supporting one black woman always turns into an assault on the entire gender :lol:

:lol:You can't just view a Ziwe clip without context of who she is and how she does her character.

Yeah I remember seeing the ads for that show it was like some controversial shock jock **** but purposefully done that way

Wouldn’t be surprised if Charla asked for that to have a chance to address it for that type of demographic

That being said a lot of blavity Twitter buzzwords and concepts being thrown around Willy nilly of course :lol:

Yeah I remember seeing the ads for that show it was like some controversial shock jock **** but purposefully done that way

Wouldn’t be surprised if Charla asked for that to have a chance to address it for that type of demographic

That being said a lot of blavity Twitter buzzwords and concepts being thrown around Willy nilly of course :lol:
:lol: Speaking of buzzwords I've seen you dismiss different black folks povs a few times by stating "blavity" like we know what that is. You operate like a pawn, **** wrong with you man?

:lol: Speaking of buzzwords I've seen you dismiss different black folks povs a few times by stating "blavity" like we know what that is. You operate like a pawn, **** wrong with you man?

A few being Donald Glover’s “lessons for white people as told by a rich *****” revamp of Atlanta :lol: and this chick?

Usually refers to thinkpieces/controversies about non issues under the guise of “blackness” from people who realized they were black around the time of Get out and all that making those topics en vogue.

He projected himself as a sexual deviant and weirdo.

Not hating black women. So does he hate black men, because of Baby? What about joking Floyd about his inability to read. He used to attack and gossip about men also. He talks mainly about and to a black audience, so of course you're going to find instances of him and black women. The Lil Mama, crying part was actually from Yee's question.

Not hating black women. So does he hate black men, because of Baby? What about joking Floyd about his inability to read. He used to attack and gossip about men also. He talks mainly about and to a black audience, so of course you're going to find instances of him and black women. The Lil Mama, crying part was actually from Yee's question.

Charlemagne clearly was insecure as hell growing up or hated himself. And was raised around women. I’m telling y’all. Dudes who grow up around primarily women (which IMO it seems he did) they grow having resentment and jealousy towards women (Not all, just wanted to make it clear. Some). It’s evident.

Dude wants to be a female very badly. That’s what I’ve gathered about him. He yearns for attention. I never liked dude. It’s not even about him attacking black men and women. He’s just an agent of chaos. He can dish it, but can’t take it. Dude has wanted to be a woman his whole life and it kills him internally. It’s a constant battle for him. Can’t stand dude one bit.

Being a protege of Wendy Williams didn’t make it any better. He’s from that school of thought.

A few being Donald Glover’s “lessons for white people as told by a rich *****” revamp of Atlanta :lol: and this chick?

Usually refers to thinkpieces/controversies about non issues under the guise of “blackness” from people who realized they were black around the time of Get out and all that making those topics en vogue.

**** crazy & warped bro,

a lot of these kids dead *** don't come to grips with "blackness" until they hit College :lol:

And those types are always the one given the support from these institutions.

CTG nipsey chain is hella weird, and poor quality for the type of bread he got.

That ***** just weird all around in general :lol:. Def funny in the light when you look closer.

But I feel like his good qualities is that he genuinely wants to pull people up, put them on and build. And also grow and learn himself as a person. For what it’s worth, he really did continue Combat Jack’s legacy…and put ALOT of people in position and NOT bird feed em. I commend him for that.

But some of the **** (as far as his “growth”)comes off as disengenous. And he’s like a firehouse of information when he takes something new in…he just spits it right back out uncritically. And that’s where he runs into issues.

It is intersting now….because the climate that we are going in, sees a return to the “old CTG”. The “non pc” version of him of old. That’s what people want, and he’s kind of stuck because he painted himself into a corner a lil bit. And the landscape that he came up on is rapidly dying.

For what it’s worth, the fact that he became who he is more than he could’ve ever imagined. So it’s all W’s at this point. I’m just interested to see if he fades to the back, or tries to reinvent himself again.

CTG nipsey chain is hella weird, and poor quality for the type of bread he got.

That ***** just weird all around in general :lol:. Def funny in the light when you look closer.

But I feel like his good qualities is that he genuinely wants to pull people up, put them on and build. And also grow and learn himself as a person. For what it’s worth, he really did continue Combat Jack’s legacy…and put ALOT of people in position and NOT bird feed em. I commend him for that.

But some of the **** (as far as his “growth”)comes off as disengenous. And he’s like a firehouse of information when he takes something new in…he just spits it right back out uncritically. And that’s where he runs into issues.

It is intersting now….because the climate that we are going in, sees a return to the “old CTG”. The “non pc” version of him of old. That’s what people want, and he’s kind of stuck because he painted himself into a corner a lil bit. And the landscape that he came up on is rapidly dying.

For what it’s worth, the fact that he became who he is more than he could’ve ever imagined. So it’s all W’s at this point. I’m just interested to see if he fades to the back, or tries to reinvent himself again.

I was wondering how he felt having Bomani on the show, when that was pretty much his gig he got canceled from.

I mean dude is basically the male Wendy Williams.

It’s not even like he hates black women or w/e group specifically. It’s that he doesn’t really care if he offends or insults them with his opinions or jokes.

Over the past years it has become a very hammered down statement & point. This idea that black men hate black women is being deliberately pushed more & more. We can hold black men accountable for their words & actions w/o beating into the heads of a whole generation that they aren't loved by their counterparts.

Completely agreed

I had no idea that Ziwe joint did this in real life. I just know her from her part on Succession when she cooked Kendall :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom